A popular tourist hub and beachside suburb of Adelaide, Glenelg is known to have the last remaining tramway in Adelaide. Located on the shore of Holdfast Bay, the white sandy beach and an opportunity to swim with the dolphins is a major attraction in Glenelg. One can also engage in all sorts of ocean-adventures and water sports like snorkelling, fishing charters, scuba diving and surfing. The Holdfast Marina is the starting point for several dolphin sailing tours and has several fine dining restaurants. Glenelg has several quaint boutiques, heritage accommodations, a seaside golf course, walking trails and a vibrant strip of bars, cafes and restaurants. The ride on the heritage tram is a tourist attraction in it self and offers scenic views along the way there and back to the city centre. There is a Visitor Information Centre located at the Marina Pier in Glenelg.
Glenelg Travel Tips
- Parking is available at the end of Anzac Highway Glenelg, towards the beach and under the bridge.
- There are hosts of cafes and bars along Marina Pier so take your time and explore.
- The information center also assists with bookings for tours and accommodations at no charge.
How to Reach Glenelg
- Tram Stop: Stop 17 Moseley Square
- Bus Stop: Stop 16/20 Jetty Rd - North side
- Cardone's Seafood and Grill
- Grind It
- Glenelg Surf Life Saving Club
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Adelaide before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Adelaide and book an accommodation of your choice.
93.63% of people who visit Adelaide include Glenelg in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
49.04% of people start their Glenelg visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Glenelg
94.47% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Glenelg
Glenelg Reviews & Ratings
can we get public transport from Glenelg beach to Adelaide city ??Answer Report Abuse
Yes, there are many buses from Glenelg to Adelaide city. The Adelaide Metro has flexible timings as well.Report Abuse