How to Reach Adelaide
The Easiest Way to Reach Adelaide
HOW TO GET TO ADELAIDE
- By Air: Adelaide International Airport is located 4 miles from the heart of the city and is a bustling airport. Several Major airlines operate here including Quantas & Air New Zealand. There are several flights to Adelaide from Asia, Europe and the Americas. There are also domestic flights from Sydney, Perth and Melbourne.
- By Train: The Great Southern Railway journey is a tourist experience. The Ghan from Alice Springs and Darwin, The Overaland from Melbourne and The Indian Pacific from Perth, Broken Hill & Sydney are all long distance trains running between Adelaide and other parts of Australia from the coast to the outback.
- By Road: One can drive to Adelaide form Melbourne, Brisbane or Sydney. The drive to Adelaide from most major cities is a long one and takes at least a day to complete. Melbourne to Adelaide via Horsham is 736km, Sydney to Adelaide is 1,422km via Wagga Wagga and Brisbane to Adelaide is 2,031km (1,262mi) via Broken Hill. One can also opt to take the Greyhound Australia buses to Adelaide from Sydney, Melbourne and Alice Springs.
HOW TO GET AROUND ADELAIDE
- By Taxi: One can easily hail a taxi in the streets of Adelaide or call and book one with one of the many taxi providers. Adelaide Independent, Suburban Taxis, Yellow Cabs are all taxi companies plying within the city. Those with mobility issues can book a cab through Access Cabs.
- By Bike: The Adelaide City Bikes Scheme lets traveller hire bikes for free from 9am and 4.30pm from the Bike SA Office or 6 other locations across the city. This is a great way to explore the city and the hire includes helmets and bike locks if needed. A valid ID has to be produced at the time of hire.
- On Foot: The city center and shopping areas are easily navigable on foot and well-marked paths and routes for pedestrians are clearly demarcated.
- By Bus: Adelaide Metro runs free bus services throughout the city. The City Loop, The Bee Line and The City Connector bus routes cover most of the city and major tourist areas. The O-Bahn busway is another interesting way to travel within the city and has 2 stops with onward connections. The JetBus service runs shuttles from the airport to the city every 15 minutes. A detailed Adelaide bus timetable is available at numerous information centers throughout the city or at hotel travel desks.
- By Tram: The only tram service in South Australia, The Glenelg tram is as much a tourist experience as it is a means to travel. The service is free if you travel between Moseley Square Terminal and Jetty Road Stop 19.
- By Car: Car hire in Adelaide is easily available and an ideal way to travel if you wish to explore areas surrounding the city independently. The major rental companies in the city are Redspot, Budget, Avis, Hertz, Thrifty and Europcar.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Adelaide and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Adelaide
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Adelaide. The most preferred mode of transport in Adelaide is Car.
Average distance: 13.91 km Average time: 34.28 min
Car 53.66%Driving 28.27 min Walking 0.73 min Waiting 0.05 min Overall average time for 17.31 kms 29.05 min
Bus/Trolleybus 14.63%Bus 29.17 min Walking 6.33 min Waiting 5.5 min Overall average time for 11.87 kms 41 min
Train/Metro 4.88%Train 35 min Walking 20 min Waiting 1.5 min Overall average time for 24.5 kms 56.5 min
Walking 14.63%Walking 37.17 min Driving 3.33 min Bike 2.17 min Overall average time for 3.5 kms 42.67 min
Bike 7.32%Bike 27.67 min Overall average time for 6.8 kms 27.67 min
- How to reach Cities Near Adelaide
- How to reach Grange Road
- How to reach Oaklands Estate Kindergartens
- How to reach Norton Summit
- How to reach Kersbrook
- How to reach Mount Osmond
- How to reach Cummins
- How to reach Darlington
- How to reach Marden
- How to reach Erskine
- How to reach Waterloo Corner
- How to reach Valley View
- How to reach Tonsley Railway Station
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Loudonville
- How to reach Winford
- How to reach Kuttikkanam
- How to reach Petrolia
- How to reach Carfin
- How to reach Hornadu
- How to reach Alpsteg
- How to reach Wayne
- How to reach Hollis
- How to reach Cartagena