Rundle Mall1119 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Adelaide SA 5000, Australia Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-882037200
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Mall, Shopping Center, Family And Kids, Sculpture
Located in the city centre, the Rundle Mall is the prime shopping area of Adelaide. Opened in 1976 it was Australia’s first pedestrian only street mall. The streets a shoppers paradise. It is home to the flagship stores of Australia’s leading retail brands and has a number of arcades and plazas with shops and boutique selling everything from high-end fashion to electronics. Open seven days a week, the mall is a must visit place even if one just wants to window shop. There are several buskers and street performers entertaining shoppers in the street. Interesting things to see apart from all the merchandise are several modern sculptures located in the mall. The Spheres (colloquially known as Mall’s Balls) a metallic sculpture of two giant spheres is a must see and also a popular meeting place for shoppers. Also worth seeing are a group of life-size bronze pigs - Horatio, Truffles, Augusta and Olive. Other points of interest are the Beehive Corner, The Fountain, The Rundle Lantern and a giant statue of a cockroach.
Rundle Mall Travel Tips
- The mall area is always busy especially on the weekend.
- Visit the Mall on a Friday for some late evening shopping.
- There is an interactive kids play area at Hindmarsh Square.
- There is Wi-Fi available throughout the Mall area.
- Seniors can avail special discounts at some stores. Find out more at Adelaide Visitor Information Centre.
How to Reach Rundle Mall
- Bus Stops: North Terrace, King William Street, Grenfell Street and Pulteney Street.
- Train Station: Adelaide Railway Station is located only a few hundred meters away from the western entrance to Rundle Mall.
- Tram Stop: Rundle Mall's western entrance is serviced by a tram service that runs between Glenelg and the Adelaide Entertainment Centre in Hindmarsh.
- Hungry Jacks
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Adelaide before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Adelaide and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Rundle Mall Address: Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
- Rundle Mall Contact Number: +61-882037200
- Rundle Mall Timing: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Time required to visit Rundle Mall: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
58.68% of people who visit Adelaide include Rundle Mall in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
50.47% of people start their Rundle Mall visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Rundle Mall
53.81% of people prefer walking in order to reach Rundle Mall
People normally club together South Australian Museum and Glenelg while planning their visit to Rundle Mall.