Rundle Mall, Adelaide
Rundle Mall, Adelaide - Address, Phone Number
Address: Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 7.7K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Mall, Shopping Center, Family And Kids, Sculpture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Rundle Mall, Adelaide
Located in the city centre, the Rundle Mall is the prime shopping area of Adelaide. Opened in 1976 it was Australia’s first pedestrian only street mall. The streets a shoppers paradise. It is home to the flagship stores of Australia’s leading retail brands and has a number of arcades and plazas with shops and boutique selling everything from high-end fashion to electronics. Open seven days a week, the mall is a must visit place even if one just wants to window shop. There are several buskers and street performers entertaining shoppers in the street. Interesting things to see apart from all the merchandise are several modern sculptures located in the mall. The Spheres (colloquially known as Mall’s Balls) a metallic sculpture of two giant spheres is a must see and also a popular meeting place for shoppers. Also worth seeing are a group of life-size bronze pigs - Horatio, Truffles, Augusta and Olive. Other points of interest are the Beehive Corner, The Fountain, The Rundle Lantern and a giant statue of a cockroach.
Rundle Mall Information
- The mall area is always busy especially on the weekend.
- Visit the Mall on a Friday for some late evening shopping.
- There is an interactive kids play area at Hindmarsh Square.
- There is Wi-Fi available throughout the Mall area.
- Seniors can avail special discounts at some stores. Find out more at Adelaide Visitor Information Centre.
How To reach Rundle Mall by Public Transport
- Bus Stops: North Terrace, King William Street, Grenfell Street and Pulteney Street.
- Train Station: Adelaide Railway Station is located only a few hundred meters away from the western entrance to Rundle Mall.
- Tram Stop: Rundle Mall's western entrance is serviced by a tram service that runs between Glenelg and the Adelaide Entertainment Centre in Hindmarsh.
Restaurants Near Rundle Mall
- Hungry Jacks
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Adelaide before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Adelaide and book an accommodation of your choice.
Rundle Mall, Adelaide Reviews
Shopping mad. Too many people, found a popcorn stand and bought freshly made popcorn. Was absolutely delicious. Store I went to we're able to get my new glasses in less than a week, right before Christmas. Amazing service.
This shopping mall needs overhead cover to protect visitors from the summer sun. There was some seating but not sufficient. Overall I felt I was just on a traffic free street with some seats and the odd van. There didn't seem to be any plan or obvious theme for this mall.
This one of best shopping place In South Australia. Been coming here every now and then. Very lively seeing a lot of people people walking, good for shopping a lot brands to choose from. There's a lot place to from Southern Cross food court to Rundle Place, street performances and artists playing instruments along Rundle Mall.
One of the best shopping mall in Australia! Love the place where you can do shopping, find recreations, having relaxations and conduct historical exploring. It’s a must visit place in Adelaide and can spend a whole day in it!
Best place to shop in Adelaide if you’re looking for a huge mall experience. Is always really lovely and has plenty of food and drink and shopping choices. could use more seating options. Buskers are always great.
- Upcoming Attractions in Adelaide
- The Playford, Mgallery By Sofitel
- Adelaide-himeji Garden
- Haigh's Chocolates
- Kangaroo Island Touring
- Carrington Gardens Apartments
- Mayfair Hotel
- Thrifty Car & Truck Rental Adelaide Airport
- Ibis Adelaide
- Budget Car And Truck Rental Adelaide City
- Adelaide Rockford
- The University Of Adelaide