Rundle Mall, Adelaide
About Rundle Mall, Adelaide
Rundle Mall, Adelaide - Address, Phone Number
Address: Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 7.6K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Mall, Shopping Center, Family And Kids, Sculpture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Located in the city centre, the Rundle Mall is the prime shopping area of Adelaide. Opened in 1976 it was Australia’s first pedestrian only street mall. The streets a shoppers paradise. It is home to the flagship stores of Australia’s leading retail brands and has a number of arcades and plazas with shops and boutique selling everything from high-end fashion to electronics. Open seven days a week, the mall is a must visit place even if one just wants to window shop. There are several buskers and street performers entertaining shoppers in the street. Interesting things to see apart from all the merchandise are several modern sculptures located in the mall. The Spheres (colloquially known as Mall’s Balls) a metallic sculpture of two giant spheres is a must see and also a popular meeting place for shoppers. Also worth seeing are a group of life-size bronze pigs - Horatio, Truffles, Augusta and Olive. Other points of interest are the Beehive Corner, The Fountain, The Rundle Lantern and a giant statue of a cockroach.
Rundle Mall Information
- The mall area is always busy especially on the weekend.
- Visit the Mall on a Friday for some late evening shopping.
- There is an interactive kids play area at Hindmarsh Square.
- There is Wi-Fi available throughout the Mall area.
- Seniors can avail special discounts at some stores. Find out more at Adelaide Visitor Information Centre.
How To reach Rundle Mall by Public Transport
- Bus Stops: North Terrace, King William Street, Grenfell Street and Pulteney Street.
- Train Station: Adelaide Railway Station is located only a few hundred meters away from the western entrance to Rundle Mall.
- Tram Stop: Rundle Mall's western entrance is serviced by a tram service that runs between Glenelg and the Adelaide Entertainment Centre in Hindmarsh.
Restaurants Near Rundle Mall
- Hungry Jacks
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Adelaide before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Adelaide and book an accommodation of your choice.
Rundle Mall, Adelaide Reviews - Write a Review
All the options for where to eat and shop! During the day you can get good photos of the art and statues around the place, and the buskers around in the evening give the place a unique and interesting, entertaining vibe. There were a few religious groups upsetting that vibe, though. Just try to ignore them and get back to the good vibes. I look forward to going back!
Centre of town, lots and lots of shops, so many varieties, whatever you're into. Lots of buskers, entertainment. Food courts and specialty shops. Shopping! Clothes, shoes, electronics, sports, fashion, jewelry, health and beauty stuff, pet stuff etc. Hairdressers, gyms and spa/massage places. Even two adventure rooms venues, if you're into that. Great place for hanging out.
Coffee shop on 3rd floor is quaint, quiet and out of the busy flow of foot traffic. The coffee is good and staff are courteous and friendly. Lactose free milk is an added bonus.
Always come here for shopping trips in town. The mall has all the retail outlets you need without the feeling of being trapped in a shopping mall. The adjoining arcades and side streets also have interesting cafes, eateries and shops to explore
Huge variety of stores. Many arcades and side streets offering wonderful eateries. Buskers entertain shoppers. The heart of Adelaide.
- Nearby Attractions
- Governor Hindmarsh Hotel
- Red Square Bar And Lounge
- Citrus Restaurant
- Holy Trinity Church
- Victoria Hotel Bar
- Clarion Hotel Soho
- Ambassadors Hotel Adelaide
- Matsuri Japanese Restaurant
- Adelaide Royal Coach Motel
- Alphutte Restaurant
- Adelaide Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Adelaide
- What to See in 48 Hours in Adelaide
- What to See in 72 Hours in Adelaide
- How to Spend 5 Days in Adelaide
- How to Spend 6 Days in Adelaide
- How to Spend 7 Days in Adelaide