South Australian Museum860 Votes Currently Open
- Address: North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-882077500
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: History Museums, Family And Kids
The South Australian Museum is one of Australia’s most visited Museums and consists of collections that are nationally and internationally significant. The purpose of the Museum is to inspire in all the people a sense of curiosity and wonder about life existing on Earth. The Museum has been committed for over 150 years to make the cultural and natural heritage of Australia accessible and engaging for all. The environment is family friendly and that offers hours of educationally enriching experience for people of all ages. The South Australian Museum is truly the ideal place to visit to know more about the natural history of the place.
South Australian Museum Travel Tips
- Large bags and backpacks must be checked in at the Information Desk upon entry.
- The Museum is fully wheelchair accessible with lifts to all levels.
- Seeing and hearing assistance dogs are welcome.
- You may take photographs and video for personal use.
- Flash photography and tripods are not permitted.
Entrance Ticket Details For South Australian Museum
- Although admission is free, some exhibits may incur a charge.
South Australian Museum Hours
- The Information Centre is open from 11 am to 4 pm weekdays and 11 am to 3 pm weekends and public holidays.
How to Reach South Australian Museum
- Bus to stop - Stop G3 North Tce - North side
- Bus 98C, 99C, 170, 174, 176, 176G, 178, 178M, 178S, 178X, 281, 281K, 286, 287, 288, N178 to stop - Stop G1 North Tce - North side
- Bus 170, 174, 176, 176G, 178, 178M, 178S, 178X, 281, 281K, 286, 287, 288, N178 to stop - Stop F1 North Tce - North side
- Train BEL, BRTN, GAW, GAWC, GRNG, OSBORN, OUTHA, SALIS, SEAFRD, TONS to stop - Adelaide Railway Station
- Museum Cafe
- Jasmin Indian Restaurant
- Chris Jamer at Air
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Adelaide before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Adelaide and book an accommodation of your choice.
50.53% of people who visit Adelaide include South Australian Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
57.65% of people start their South Australian Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see South Australian Museum
78.53% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting South Australian Museum