South Australian MuseumCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-882077500
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: History Museums, Family And Kids
The South Australian Museum is one of Australia’s most visited Museums and consists of collections that are nationally and internationally significant. The purpose of the Museum is to inspire in all the people a sense of curiosity and wonder about life existing on Earth. The Museum has been committed for over 150 years to make the cultural and natural heritage of Australia accessible and engaging for all. The environment is family friendly and that offers hours of educationally enriching experience for people of all ages. The South Australian Museum is truly the ideal place to visit to know more about the natural history of the place.
- Large bags and backpacks must be checked in at the Information Desk upon entry.
- The Museum is fully wheelchair accessible with lifts to all levels.
- Seeing and hearing assistance dogs are welcome.
- You may take photographs and video for personal use.
- Flash photography and tripods are not permitted.
- Although admission is free, some exhibits may incur a charge.
- The Information Centre is open from 11 am to 4 pm weekdays and 11 am to 3 pm weekends and public holidays.
- Bus to stop - Stop G3 North Tce - North side
- Bus 98C, 99C, 170, 174, 176, 176G, 178, 178M, 178S, 178X, 281, 281K, 286, 287, 288, N178 to stop - Stop G1 North Tce - North side
- Bus 170, 174, 176, 176G, 178, 178M, 178S, 178X, 281, 281K, 286, 287, 288, N178 to stop - Stop F1 North Tce - North side
- Train BEL, BRTN, GAW, GAWC, GRNG, OSBORN, OUTHA, SALIS, SEAFRD, TONS to stop - Adelaide Railway Station
- Museum Cafe
- Jasmin Indian Restaurant
- Chris Jamer at Air
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Adelaide before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Adelaide and book an accommodation of your choice.
66.98% of people who visit Adelaide include South Australian Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
57.65% of people start their South Australian Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see South Australian Museum
78.53% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting South Australian Museum
Helpful staff. Loved lunch with the whale skeletons! Fantastic children's section. Masses to explore. Engaging guide. My 6 year old didn't want to leave...
Nice museum centrally located in Adelaide. Entrance is free. Different exhibitions are on offer. And they also have a nice small cafe on the ground floor. Worth to spend about an hour there.
Had gone here with the whole family which includes 2 grandchildren. Both the girls, one 3 and one 9 year old, had a great time and learned a lot. It's very educational for both children and adults. A must see, while in Adelaide.
We visit the museum on a regular basis and love it. However, our last visit has taken things to a whole new level. We had my daughter's birthday party there - I didn't know they did them until recently - and it was fantastic. All the details are on the website including the contact details for Professor Flint, the singing paleontologist. He took the kids - and adults - on a very entertaining and educational trip around the museum, keeping kids as young as 4 totally engaged for the whole hour. The cafe then put on the party for us in a reserved area. The food was excellent and the staff were so relaxed but professional, and made the event easy and special. Also, when we got there security had a box waiting to put all the gifts in so we didn't have to carry them around our worry about them disappearing. It was a brilliant day and everyone there was very impressed with the way the staff made it a special day.
Great museum. Not too large with a diverse range of quality exhibits. Very fun discovery centre. Really good catering and function facilities too and I love the range of food in the cafe!!