South Australian MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-882077500
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: History Museum, Family And Kids
South Australian Museum - Review
The South Australian Museum is one of Australia’s most visited Museums and consists of collections that are nationally and internationally significant. The purpose of the Museum is to inspire in all the people a sense of curiosity and wonder about life existing on Earth. The Museum has been committed for over 150 years to make the cultural and natural heritage of Australia accessible and engaging for all. The environment is family friendly and that offers hours of educationally enriching experience for people of all ages. The South Australian Museum is truly the ideal place to visit to know more about the natural history of the place.
South Australian Museum Information
- Large bags and backpacks must be checked in at the Information Desk upon entry.
- The Museum is fully wheelchair accessible with lifts to all levels.
- Seeing and hearing assistance dogs are welcome.
- You may take photographs and video for personal use.
- Flash photography and tripods are not permitted.
South Australian Museum Ticket Prices
- Although admission is free, some exhibits may incur a charge.
South Australian Museum Hours
- The Information Centre is open from 11 am to 4 pm weekdays and 11 am to 3 pm weekends and public holidays.
How To reach South Australian Museum by Public Transport
- Bus to stop - Stop G3 North Tce - North side
- Bus 98C, 99C, 170, 174, 176, 176G, 178, 178M, 178S, 178X, 281, 281K, 286, 287, 288, N178 to stop - Stop G1 North Tce - North side
- Bus 170, 174, 176, 176G, 178, 178M, 178S, 178X, 281, 281K, 286, 287, 288, N178 to stop - Stop F1 North Tce - North side
- Train BEL, BRTN, GAW, GAWC, GRNG, OSBORN, OUTHA, SALIS, SEAFRD, TONS to stop - Adelaide Railway Station
Restaurants Near South Australian Museum
- Museum Cafe
- Jasmin Indian Restaurant
- Chris Jamer at Air
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Adelaide before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Adelaide and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting South Australian Museum
67.58% of people who visit Adelaide include South Australian Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
57.65% of people start their South Australian Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see South Australian Museum
78.53% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting South Australian Museum
South Australian Museum Trips
1 View10 Days 9 Nights10 Day Trip to Adelaide, Kangaroo Island from Petaling JayaBy: Guest UserCity: Kangaroo Island, Adelaide
South Australian Museum, Adelaide Reviews
A wonderful museum that all ages will enjoy. One of the best museums I’ve ever been to. It has a good range of exhibits, and entry is free. There’s interactive exhibits for young kids, and often there’s activities on during the school holidays. There’s a really big permanent exhibition here featuring indigenous history which is fascinating, and the taxidermy animals of the world are a highlight. You can park at the Wilson’s parking across the road. Make sure to take your ticket with you and ask at the information desk and they’ll give you a discount off your parking!
Really nice museum, well displayed and maintained. Entertaining and interesting. Bit sad that you guys keep living animals in the discovery center. That poor turtle swimming against the glass all the time, c'mon. That's why some people don't choose to go to zoo, and didn't expected to found it here. Upsetting.
This museum has so much to see. Allow a full day at least if you like museums. Go straight to the Discovery Centre if you need to find out more about a specific subject. A wonderful place to entertain and educate yourself or the kids. On top of that, entry is FREE!!!
A nice Museum with some interesting collections and as a bonus I think it is still free except for special exhibits. Compared the the Museum of Natural History in the UK it probably only rates 3 stars but it is pretty good for Australia.
Great place. Beautiful collection of South Australia and more. Love the Mega Fauna display. Great interactive displays for children now too. Indigenous display is well worth a look too.