Are you looking for what to do in Adelaide?
- Cleland Wildlife Park - Located within the Cleland Conservation Park, the Wildlife Park is one of top Adelaide tourist attractions.
- Adelaide Botanic Garden - A world of lush greenery and carefully tended plants and flowerbeds, one of the best places to visit in Adelaide.
- Art Gallery of South Australia - Currently home to over 35,000 works of art, Adelaide sightseeing must include a trip to the art gallery.
- River Torrens Linear Park Trail – One of the most interesting things to do in Adelaide, River Torrens Linear Park Trail is a first of its kind recreational public facility in Australia.
- South Australian Museum - Showcases the largest collection of Australian Aboriginal artefacts in the world.
- Adelaide Zoo – One of the most fun things to do with kids in Adelaide, the zoo is home to over 1800 animals from over 300 species.
- Waterfall Gully – A walk through this trail is one of the best outdoor Adelaide activities. It is home to the largest of seven waterfalls in Adelaide, known as the First Falls.
- Adelaide Festival Centre - There is always something happening at the Festival Centre. It hosts various events covering spectacular visual art, theatre, children’s shows, dance and musical performance.
- Adelaide Gaol - One of Australia’s longest operating prison facilities, a must see on the list of Adelaide places of interest.
- Rundle Mall - The prime shopping area of Adelaide, a pedestrian only mall.
- West Beach – A popular getaway for tourists and locals, it has white sand beaches, pristine waters and host of tourist activities.
- Glenelg - A popular tourist hub and beachside suburb of Adelaide, Glenelg is known to have the last remaining tramway in Adelaide.
- Mt. Lofty Summit - Touted as a “must see” destination for all visitors to Adelaide, the summit in one of the most popular Adelaide day tours.
- Migration Museum – Artifacts and exhibits that give an account of the social history of Australia.
- Ayers House Museum – A historic house in Adelaide with beautiful architecture and décor.
- South Australian Maritime Museum – The museum is set in a historic warehouse and has floating vessels, a lighthouse and a life-sized replica of a sailing vessel.
- National Wine Centre of Australia – Adelaide wine tours are many but this place lets you learn about and sample some of the best wines in the heart of the city.
- The Adelaide Casino – An entertainment complex with gambling, restaurants and bars, definitely a major part of Adelaide nightlife.
- Adelaide Oval – The prettiest stadium in Australia, home of several sporting events and musical concerts.
- Carrick Hill – A mid-20th century historical house with sprawling grounds and an interesting Storybook trail for kids.
- Coopers Brewery – The home of the famous Coopers Beer, tours include brewing, bottling and tasting.
- Central Market – A 140-year-old market, selling fresh produce.
- Harbour Town – An outlet mall near Adelaide Airport, ideal for discount shopping.
- Penfolds Magill Estate Winery – The home of the world famous Grange, tours include wine tasting and a walk through the cellars and vineyards.
- Red Square Bar & Lounge – One of the busiest places on the Adelaide nightlife scene, located in the Hindley Street party district.
- Electric Circus – An underground vibe and electro music, part of Crippen Place a party complex with several levels.
- Governor Hindmarsh Hotel – The best place in the city to visit for live music gigs. Popular with music lovers and artists alike.
- Exeter – A relaxed and casual place frequented by backpackers and university students. Known for its famous Curry Nights and live entertainment in the Beer Garden.
- Jolleys Boathouse Restaurant – Great views of the River Torrens as you enjoy a delicious meal and some fine wines in a trendy modern ambience.
Below we have a list of things to do in Adelaide and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Adelaide getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Adelaide with confidence.