Agra Fort6865 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Rakabganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282003, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-5622226431
- Ticket Price: 550 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Monument, Family And Kids, Architecture , Archaeological Site , Fort, Heritage Building
The Agra Fort is a historical fort bearing the honorary designation of a World Heritage Site. The fort is built on a semicircular design, and huge circular pillars form the supporting base of the fort walls. The fort has impressive defensive measures that are very interesting to see.
Of the four entrances, the one named the Delhi Gate- is the most famous entrance. The Lahore Gate and Khizri Gate are the other two gates popular for their architecture. The most splendid attractions of Agra Fort are the public and private conference halls named Diwan-i-Aam and Diwan-i-Khas respectively, the two Golden Pavilions, the Jahangiri Mahal, the white marble structures of Khas Mahal and the mosques Mina Masjid, Moti Masjid, and Nagina Masjid. The royal glass mosaic studded building named Sheesh Mahal and the marble palace house named Khas Mahal are especially innovative. The other decorative structures include Angora Bagh, Machhi Bhawan, and Zenana Mina Bazar.
Agra Fort Travel Tips
- The interior decoration of the Agra Fort illustrates a thoughtful artistic blend of the Islamic themes with the Hindu decorations.
- The Islamic calligraphies are accompanied by paintings which reflect the sole aspects of Hinduism.
Entrance Ticket Details For Agra Fort
- Given prices are for foreigners.
- Foreign tourist: 550 INR
- Indian tourist: 40 INR
- Children below 15 years: Free
Agra Fort Hours
- Agra Fort is open from sunrise to sunset, Monday – Sunday.
- Best months to visit are November – March.
How to Reach Agra Fort
- By Bus: PWD bus station is a short walk away.
- By Train: Agra Fort Railway station is very close by.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi/rickshaw.
- Maya Hotel & Restaurant
- Hotel Zee
- Hotel Kant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Agra before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Agra and book an accommodation of your choice.
91.13% of people who visit Agra include Agra Fort in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
35.56% of people start their Agra Fort visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Agra Fort
86.45% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Agra Fort