Agra FortCurrently Closed
- Address: Rakabganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282003, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-5622960457
- Ticket Price: 550 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Monument, Family And Kids, Architecture , Archaeological Site , Fort, Heritage Building
The Agra Fort is a historical fort bearing the honorary designation of a World Heritage Site. The fort is built on a semicircular design, and huge circular pillars form the supporting base of the fort walls. The fort has impressive defensive measures that are very interesting to see.
Of the four entrances, the one named the Delhi Gate- is the most famous entrance. The Lahore Gate and Khizri Gate are the other two gates popular for their architecture. The most splendid attractions of Agra Fort are the public and private conference halls named Diwan-i-Aam and Diwan-i-Khas respectively, the two Golden Pavilions, the Jahangiri Mahal, the white marble structures of Khas Mahal and the mosques Mina Masjid, Moti Masjid, and Nagina Masjid. The royal glass mosaic studded building named Sheesh Mahal and the marble palace house named Khas Mahal are especially innovative. The other decorative structures include Angora Bagh, Machhi Bhawan, and Zenana Mina Bazar.
- The interior decoration of the Agra Fort illustrates a thoughtful artistic blend of the Islamic themes with the Hindu decorations.
- The Islamic calligraphies are accompanied by paintings which reflect the sole aspects of Hinduism.
- Given prices are for foreigners.
- Foreign tourist: 550 INR
- Indian tourist: 40 INR
- Children below 15 years: Free
- Agra Fort is open from sunrise to sunset, Monday – Sunday.
- Best months to visit are November – March.
- By Bus: PWD bus station is a short walk away.
- By Train: Agra Fort Railway station is very close by.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi/rickshaw.
- Maya Hotel & Restaurant
- Hotel Zee
- Hotel Kant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Agra before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Agra and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Agra include Agra Fort in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
35.56% of people start their Agra Fort visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Agra Fort
86.45% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Agra Fort
आगरा किला जिसे लाल किला भी कहा जाता है ताजमहल के नजदीकी शाहजहां द्वारा बनवाया गया एक बेहतरीन स्थापत्य कला का नमूना है और शाहजहां के बाद औरंगजेब ने उसे यहीं पर कैद करके रखा था और मृत्यु के बाद ताज महल में सांझा को उनकी बेगम के साथ वाले कब्र में ही दफना दिया गया था बहुत ही बढ़िया और देखने लायक जगह है आगरा का किला रामू कवि किसान ने भी यहां पर 03 नवंबर 2018 में यात्रा की नवासा और दोनों पूना के साथ
A historical place. Very hot weather. It situated in Agra. Don't come by bus because bus reached very slowly. Obviously take taxi for quick visit. It will save your time. Have a nice journey.
Marvellous architectural red stone monument . After 300 yrs still appears ahead of modern era skills. Supreme creation for extreme royal luxury. Adjoining park one of the biggest in the country is an add on conceptual wonder.
Very beautiful place.... if you r new n visiting first time then you better hire guide.. cause then it'll b worth visiting otherwise you'll simply see building, palace n full Fort n come back u won't understand anything... so I suggest if r going Agra then you must see this place... N IF you can then bargain with guide.....
The monument is maintained in excellent condition. I recommend that you hire one of the govt. licensed guides outside as they give really good information.