The Buland Darwaza is a very famous structure of the Mughal architecture, and since the built it has been regarded as the Gateway of Pride, Victory, and Magnificence of the Mughal Rule. The Buland Darwaza is built mainly of the used and traditional building stone of the Mughals- the red sandstone, along with buff sandstone. As additional and decorative bearings, the top of the main courtyard are built of black and white marble along with engraving patterns of coloured stone.
The structure exhibits perfect geometrical symmetry, and has a long flight of stone steps that leads to the base of the fort. Being the biggest gateway, the Buland Darwaza secures the Fatehpur Sikri from the southern side. The inscriptions upon the interior walls of the structure bear the religious liberalism followed by Akbar throughout his reign and life.
The other famous inscriptions upon the Buland Darwaza illustrate the conquests and victories of Akbar over the various parts of India. Having become a very important and iconic monument, the Buland Darwaza is a must visit on a trip to Agra.
- A famous inscription upon the wall of Buland Darwaza depicts an exceptional religious fusion, which involves a line from the Bible which had been illustrated through Islamic script.
- Given rates are for Foreigners.
- Foreigners entry fee: 485 INR
- Indians entry fee: 50 INR
- From sunrise to sunset.
- By Bus: UP Roadways Bus Stand Fatehpur Sikri is the closest bus station.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
- Ajay Hotel
- Raghuveer Hotel
- Shankara Vegis Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Agra before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Agra and book an accommodation of your choice.
40.11% of people who visit Agra include Buland Darwaza in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
60.81% of people start their Buland Darwaza visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Buland Darwaza
88.73% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Buland Darwaza