Fatehpur Sikri, Agra
About Fatehpur Sikri, Agra
Fatehpur Sikri, Agra - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Fatehpur Sikri, Uttar Pradesh 283110
Ticket Price: 510 INR
Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 54K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Historical Site, Monument, Architecture , Archaeological Site , Neighborhoods
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Fatehpur Sikri is presently a municipality of Agra but it is nationally as well as internationally famous for being a heritage city of tremendous historical importance. Emperor Akbar had founded the city as the capital of the Mughal Empire, and the city remained the functional capital till 1585. Akbar himself had laid out and directed the design and detailed organization of the Fatehpur Sikri, through the building of a vast group of royal residences for the elite members, harems, courts of justice, and private residential houses for the functional members.
The constructions also included a mosque and buildings and palaces for various official as well as informal purposes. The traditional red sandstone was used in the majority of the build of the city and its components. The fort wall enclosure of Fatehpur Sikri is intercepted at intervals for the accommodation of the giant gates- the Delhi Gate, the Lal Gate, the Agra Gate, Birbal’s Gate. The other gates are the Chandanpal Gate, the Gwalior Gate, the Tehra Gate, the Chor gate and the Ajmer Gate.
Fatehpur Sikri Information
- The main attractions of the city of Fatehpur Sikri are the buildings of Buland Darwaza, Jama Masjid, Sheikh Salim Chisti’s Tomb, the Diwan-i-Aam, Diwan-i-Khas, and many other important units of the city.
Fatehpur Sikri Ticket Prices
- Given are prices for International Visitors.
- Indian, SAARC and BIMSTEC countries entry fee: 510 INR
- Other Foreign Visitor entry fees: 40 INR
- Free for children below 15 years.
- Entry is free for museum.
Fatehpur Sikri Opening and Closing Hours
- Fatehpur Sikri is open from sunrise – sunset Monday – Sunday.
- Museum is open from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Museum is closed on Friday.
How To reach Fatehpur Sikri by Public Transport
- By Bus: UP Roadways Bus Stand Fatehpur Sikri is the closest bus station.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
Restaurants Near Fatehpur Sikri
- Indraprastha Shankara Vegis Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Agra before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Agra and book an accommodation of your choice.
Fatehpur Sikri, Agra Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- N. Home Stay
- Taj Cafe
- The Coral Court Homestay
- Bon Barbecue
- Hotel The Manor New Delhi
- Agra Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Agra
- What to See in 48 Hours in Agra
- What to See in 72 Hours in Agra
- How to Spend 5 Days in Agra
- How to Spend 6 Days in Agra
- How to Spend 7 Days in Agra