Fatehpur Sikri Tours
About Fatehpur Sikri, Agra
The Fatehpur Sikri is presently a municipality of Agra but it is nationally as well as internationally famous for being a heritage city of tremendous historical importance. Emperor Akbar had founded the city as the capital of the Mughal Empire, and the city remained the functional capital till 1585. Akbar himself had laid out and directed the design and detailed organization of the Fatehpur Sikri, through the building of a vast group of royal residences for the elite members, harems, courts of justice, and private residential houses for the functional members.
The constructions also included a mosque and buildings and palaces for various official as well as informal purposes. The traditional red sandstone was used in the majority of the build of the city and its components. The fort wall enclosure of Fatehpur Sikri is intercepted at intervals for the accommodation of the giant gates- the Delhi Gate, the Lal Gate, the Agra Gate, Birbal’s Gate. The other gates are the Chandanpal Gate, the Gwalior Gate, the Tehra Gate, the Chor gate and the Ajmer Gate.
Fatehpur Sikri Information
- The main attractions of the city of Fatehpur Sikri are the buildings of Buland Darwaza, Jama Masjid, Sheikh Salim Chisti’s Tomb, the Diwan-i-Aam, Diwan-i-Khas, and many other important units of the city.
Fatehpur Sikri Tickets Prices
- Given are prices for International Visitors.
- Indian, SAARC and BIMSTEC countries entry fee: 510 INR
- Other Foreign Visitor entry fees: 40 INR
- Free for children below 15 years.
- Entry is free for museum.
Fatehpur Sikri Opening and Closing Hours
- Fatehpur Sikri is open from sunrise – sunset Monday – Sunday.
- Museum is open from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Museum is closed on Friday.
How To Get To Fatehpur Sikri by Public Transport
- By Bus: UP Roadways Bus Stand Fatehpur Sikri is the closest bus station.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
Restaurants Near Fatehpur Sikri
- Indraprastha Shankara Vegis Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Agra before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Agra and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: Fatehpur Sikri, Uttar Pradesh 283110
Ticket Price: 510 INR
Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 53.9K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Historical Site, Monument, Architecture , Archaeological Site , Neighborhoods
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Fatehpur Sikri Tickets And Tours
This charismatic full-day tour in Agra takes you to discover the glory of the Mughal Empire of India. You can see ancient architecture significant to IndiaâÂÂs history, such as the world-famous Taj Mahal , the Agra Fort, a 16th-century Mughal monument and Fatehpur Sikri.
Spend half of your day visiting Fatehpur Sikri, the "City of Victory" located 35 km from Agra on a low hill of the Vindhya mountain range. Before the reign of Akbar (1556-1605), the Mughal King who built this future city had already earned an auspicious reputation.
Make the journeyÂ from Agra to Jaipur byÂ air-conditioned minivan, visiting two of Northern India's jewels along the way.Â Just west of Agra,Â Fatehpur Sikri is a small World Heritage-listed city founded by a 16th-century Mughal emperor. Continuing toÂ Abhaneri, marvel at one of the most beautifulÂ stepwellsÂ in India, known for its geometrical architecture and design. This is a unique spot for photography lovers, and something you won't see if you travel byÂ air or train.
Visit Fatehpur Sikri (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) Â on a half-day tour by private vehicle. Explore this ghost town while learning about its unique history from your private guide. After lunch, you will go shopping in Agra, famous for its handicrafts of marble inlay.
Share your experience - Rate Fatehpur Sikri, Agra
- Other Attractions
- Si Lanna National Park
- Ban Pa Khao Lam School
- Mae Malai Police Booth
- Huai Nam Dang National Park
- Wat Ban Den
- Baanchang Elephant's Paradise
- Eddy Elephant
- Maetaeng Elephant Park
- The Elephant Training Center Chiang Dao
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Budget Hotels Near Si Lanna National Park
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Mae Taeng City Center
- Luxury Hotels Near Ban Pa Khao Lam School
- Luxury Hotels Near Mae Malai Police Booth
- Hotels Near Huai Nam Dang National Park
- Hotels Near Wat Ban Den
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Baanchang Elephant's Paradise
- Luxury Hotels Near Eddy Elephant
- Cheap Hotels Near Maetaeng Elephant Park
- Luxury Hotels Near The Elephant Training Center Chiang Dao
- City Tripplans
- Agra Itinerary 6 Days
- Agra Itinerary 5 Days
- Agra Itinerary 3 Days
- 6 Day Trip to Agra from Agra
- Agra Itinerary 4 Days
- Agra Itinerary 2 Days
- Agra Itinerary 1 Day
- Agra Itinerary 7 Days
- Delhi Agra Jaipur Manali
- 4 Day Trip to delhi agra manali