Itmad-ud-daulah4176 Votes Currently Open
- Address: State Highway 39, Moti Bagh, Etmadpur, Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Timings: 08:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-5622080030
- Ticket Price: 110 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Garden, Monument, Architecture , Archaeological Site , Tomb, Heritage Building
The tomb of Itmad-ud-Daulah is a mausoleum built of white marble, which also consists of premises featuring luxurious gardens and composite buildings. The monument is situated upon a large garden. Around it are numerous water streams and pathways, and is contrasted with the surroundings. The structure consists of the main central build placed upon a red sandstone platform, and has a six sided minar on each of the four corners.
The exterior of the walls have marbles bearing embedded gems and rare precious stones such as the cornelian, lapis lazuli, onyx, jasper, topaz, etc., which are arranged into exquisite patterns of cypress trees, wine holders, flower boutiques and fruit designs. The walls look stunning by grace of the “jail” technique due to which light penetrates through them. Varieties of mesmerizing tones and shades of multicoloured gems have been used in the making.
The verdant gardens of the Itmad-ud-daulah draw visitors from across the world, no surprise that Itmad-ud-daulah Tickets sell like hot bricks! Tickets for Itmad-ud-daulah can be hard to behold so it is a good idea to buy tickets for Itmad-ud-daulah in advance or contemplate tours that offer a good deal on Itmad-ud-daulah ticket prices. To know more check out our tickets section.
Itmad-ud-daulah Travel Tips
- The paintings of stucco and contemporary artistries have also been fabricated in the walls through the designs of animal and human patterns.
- No glazed tiling has been used and this further makes the sole usage of coloured stones an indigenous artistry.
Entrance Ticket Details For Itmad-ud-daulah
- Given prices are for Foreigners.
- Foreigner entry fees: 110 INR
- Indian entry fee: 10 INR
- Children below 15 years: Free
- Daily sunrise-sunset.
How to Reach Itmad-ud-daulah
- By Train: Yamuna Bridge Railway station is a short walk away.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
- Shankara Vegis Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Agra before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Agra and book an accommodation of your choice.
58.48% of people who visit Agra include Itmad-ud-daulah in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
50.72% of people start their Itmad-ud-daulah visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Itmad-ud-daulah
94.51% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Itmad-ud-daulah