Jama Masjid5088 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Jama Masjid Road, Kinari Bazar, Hing ki Mandi, Mantola, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282003, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-1123365358
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site, Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Archaeological Site , Heritage Building
The Jama Masjid is an assembling mosque for vast groups of followers, which was built by Sheikh Salim Chisti, and was among the architects which were the first creations of Fatehpur Sikri. It has the traditional design of a mosque, having the main nave with a central dome and large courtyard halls on each of the sides. There are two chamber halls square in shape which are adorned on the top with domes. The design of the place certainly makes it a sight to be beheld.
Engravings of quibla decorate the central court hall along with other chambers. The facade and the porch are supported by pillars built of sandstone, and the entrance consists of three arched gateways with panelled frames and topped by five structures named chhatris. The central courtyard exhibits the usage of glazed tiles along with intrinsic works on mosaics of coloured stones. There are traditional golden engravings and scriptures upon a royal blue backdrop. The interior of the walls are adorned with designed flowers in watercolour. The Jama Masjid is a serene place of worship incomparable to another in India making it a must visit for the culture-seeker.
Jama Masjid Travel Tips
- The exterior panels upon the archways and the outlines of the arches are traditionally painted.
- Both the larger and the smaller domes of the mosque are structurally supported by several corbelled pendentives.
- Entry to Masjid is not allowed during prayer time.
Entrance Ticket Details For Jama Masjid
- Free entry
How to Reach Jama Masjid
- By Bus: PWD bus station is a short walk away.
- By Train: Agra Fort Railway station is very close by.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi/rickshaw.
- Bikanerwala Ashoka Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Agra before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Agra and book an accommodation of your choice.
71.25% of people who visit Agra include Jama Masjid in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
41.3% of people start their Jama Masjid visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Jama Masjid
55.84% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jama Masjid