Sur Sarovar Wild Life SanctuaryCurrently Open [Closes at 06:30 pm]
- Address: Mathura Delhi Highway, Near Runakata, Near Walter Wolrld-Dolfine, Arsena, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282007, India
- Timings: 06:30 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-5622530091
- Ticket Price: 350 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Wildlife Sanctuary , Park, Family And Kids, Bird Watching, Conservation Centre
This wetland conservation area is surprisingly unknown and underrated compared to other Agra attractions. Over 165 migratory and resident birds can be found here on the waters and shores of Keetham Lake. For birdies (those are hobbyists who like to photographs and identify birds), there are few places better to visit in the city. If you're interested, you can visit the Soor Sarovar website for a complete checklist of potential spotting opportunities. The poet Surdas is said to have been inspired to write one of India's most famous devotional poems, the Bhakti Kavya, by this place. Apart from birds you can also spot jackal, mongoose and hares. The sanctuary also has about 300 pythons.
- Use of polythene is prohibited.
- Fire arms of any kind are not permitted.
- Walking and tracking is strictly prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed.
- November to March is considered to be the season for a visit.
- Given are entry fee per head per day for foreigners.
- Foreigner ticket: 350 INR
- Indian ticket: 30 INR
- Fee for taking still camera, handycam or small movie camera (Foreigners): 500 INR
- Fee for taking still camera, handycam or small movie camera (Indian): 1000 INR
- Entrance Fee for scooters, cars, jeeps and tourist buses is also applicable. For detailed prices please refer to official website.
- Park is open 7 days a week from sunrise to sunset.
- Visiting season is from 15 November to 30 June.
- By Car
- Take an auto rickshaw or tonga
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Agra before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Agra and book an accommodation of your choice.
3.48% of people who visit Agra include Sur Sarovar Wild Life Sanctuary in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
52.94% of people start their Sur Sarovar Wild Life Sanctuary visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sur Sarovar Wild Life Sanctuary
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sur Sarovar Wild Life Sanctuary
People normally club together Korai Village Agra and Wildlife S. O. S Elephant Conservation And Care Center while planning their visit to Sur Sarovar Wild Life Sanctuary.
You should be ready to walk a lot into the jungle paths, have binocolurs, lot of patience. More than different birds, you can spend time observing birds activities there. With kids also its fine as one time visit to tell them about nature and linked stories.
Not properly maintained. No police force inside for safety. Forget water and any other basic services. If you are going here, better go in your car/bike and visit in morning or day time.
Visited in Oct'18, no facility provided. No seating, canteen had only Maggi, patties and tea/cold drinks. No birds (only signboards), stray dogs, food snatcher monkeys, cows were there. There was a bear research center also which we didn't visit. Blind school was in bad shape. Soordas temple was there and a board tells about his stay there. Entry fee is 100 rs. for car and 50 rs. per person. No toilet, drinking water, proper food, no birds, stagnant lake water... Total waste of time and money.
#lets guide ....This is absolutely a great place to spend time with friends or relatives ... This bird sanctuary is full of verdant forest nd with a big keetham lake...Full of water...You can take boat ride here...Nd must go with your convenience vehicle like bike bcz there is around 1.5 km away main lake from main gate..... Thanks
We should also spend some time with nature.