Taj MahalCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-5622226431
- Ticket Price: 1000 INR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Mosque, Religious Site, Historical Site, Monument, Family And Kids, Architecture , Unesco Site
Taj Mahal - Review
The Taj Mahal is one of the most famous and most recognized buildings of India and the world and the Story of Taj Mahal is monumental wonder built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, in memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal. It is designated as one of the Seven Wonders of the World, and one of the three World Heritage Sites which are located in Agra.
The Taj Mahal was built of expensive marble, along with countless jewels and priceless gems inscribed in the walls. The monument is situated upon the south bank of the Yamuna, and it is an exceptional example of the finest architectural symmetry that dates back to the 17th century.
The entrance is adorned with twenty-two domes and the Taj Mahal is built upon a high marble base, which is built on top of a sandstone platform. The main and largest central dome has the tombs of Mumtaz and Shah Jahan erected directly beneath it. The interiors used to be studded with jewels from far and wide although these have now been removed. The outer walls and the tombs bear the engravings of scripts from the holy Quran which are simply stunning and can still be seen clearly.
The world famous monumental wonder of Taj Mahal is one of the must visit places in everyone's life and there is obviously a huge crowd that is waiting to explore the historical landmark. Skip the line by booking tickets for Taj Mahal well in advance. Although tickets for Taj Mahal can be bought directly, it is more of a hassle than to grab the Taj Mahal tickets here. Buy tickets for Taj Mahal from the tickets section, as it comes with a remarkable tour experience and as for the Taj Mahal ticket prices, this is the best deal you can get!
Facts and Figures
- Location : On the banks of river Yamuna in Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Year of Construction : 1631 - 1653
- Built By : Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan
- Spread Over : 42 acres
- Significance : One of the Seven Wonders of the World
Taj Mahal Information
- Night viewing is only possible on Full moon nights. For details please refer official website.
- The tombs of the Emperor and Empress which are displayed permanently are model tombs.
- The real tombs are situated beneath in the basement compound, which are allowed public viewing only on very selective days.
- Only 400 visitors allowed, in 8 batches of 50 people.
Taj Mahal Ticket Prices
- Given prices are for foreigners.
- Foreign tourists: 1000 INR
- Citizens on SAARC and BIMSTEC countries: 530 INR
- Indians: 40 INR
- Children below 15: Free
- Night viewing charges (foreigners): 750 INR
- Night viewing charges (Indians): 510 INR
Taj Mahal Opening and Closing Hours
- Taj Mahal is open from sunrise to sunset.
- Night viewing timings: 8:30pm – 12:30am
- Night viewing duration: 30 minutes
How To reach Taj Mahal by Public Transport
- Electric driven vehicles are available to reach Taj Mahal.
Restaurants Near Taj Mahal
- Taj Restaurant
- Man Singh Palace
- Hotel Amar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Agra before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Agra and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Taj Mahal
95% of people who visit Agra include Taj Mahal in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
66.76% of people start their Taj Mahal visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Taj Mahal
93.49% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Taj Mahal
Taj Mahal Culture & Theme Based Tours
Taj Mahal Sightseeing Tours
Taj Mahal Transfers & Transportation
Taj Mahal Day Trips & Excursions
Taj Mahal Rentals
Taj Mahal Family Friendly Tours
Taj Mahal Luxury & Special Occasions Tours
Taj Mahal Map
Taj Mahal Trips
1 View5 Days 4 Nights5 Day Trip to Agra from Ulaanbaatar Railway Station
Taj Mahal, Agra Reviews
India's best monument place - must visit One of the seven wonders of the world. It's view is breathtaking. I mean it was made hundreds of years back with so much detailing & efficiently crafted designs. You'll have to travel a lot with the area before you can be able to view it. It's huge and you need sufficient time in hand to be able to see each floor & enjoy its beauty. Impact of acid rain is visible by the difference in colour but still it has been well maintained all these many years.
One of the seven wonders of the world. It's view is breathtaking. I mean it was made hundreds of years back with so much detailing & efficiently crafted designs. You'll have to travel a lot with the area before you can be able to view it. It's huge and you need sufficient time in hand to be able to see each floor & enjoy its beauty. Impact of acid rain is visible by the difference in colour but still it has been well maintained all these many years.
I visited Taj after 8 years, and a lot of things have changed. They've organized the whole tour really well, the security is tight (and I feel it should be that way), and the tourism department has added a lot of facilities that are economical (Tour guides, battery cars, and so on). The crowd management is great, and the concept of providing shoe-covers at a minimal price is very convenient. I really enjoyed my visit.
What a historic place... I am in love with this place not just because it's a wonder of world just because of relief... Love... care... and peace you will get here.. definitely not a recommended place during summer however sunrise and sunset are best in any season... carry a good camera and explore a unidentified photographer within you.
A beautiful beautiful place and a must visit for all of us. Tickets are ₹40 for Indians and ₹1000 for foreigners. Do carry your identity cards with yourself and buy that shoe cover which retails for ₹10 only as it's a sacred place and you don't wanna ruin it with your shoe marks. And you need to carry a water bottle as you will be walking a lot there. Do not carry any sharp or flammable objects or cigarettes with yourself if you don't want it to get confiscated. I highly recommend it. I've visited this place thrice in 21 years of my life...
All QuestionsTaj mahal
- La Teñada
- Iglesia De Santa María Del Azogue
- Biblioteca Publica
- Iglesia De San Juan
- Conjunto Histórico Artístico De Valderas
- Plaza De Toros De Valderas
- Promocion Servicios Culturales Recreativos
- Bodega Casto Pequeño
- Ayuntamiento De Valderas
- Museo Parroquial De Valderas
- Bodega Vinos De La Ribera De La Cea S.coop
- Parroquia De Riudaura
- Castillo De Los Davila
- Antonia Pereda Diaz
- Castillo De Puente Del Congosto