Taj Mahal, Agra
About Taj Mahal, Agra
Taj Mahal, Agra - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001, India
Ticket Price: 1000 INR
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 77.6K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Mosque, Religious Site, Historical Site, Monument, Family And Kids, Architecture , Unesco Site
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Taj Mahal is one of the most famous and most recognized buildings of India and the world and the Story of Taj Mahal is monumental wonder built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, in memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal. It is designated as one of the Seven Wonders of the World, and one of the three World Heritage Sites which are located in Agra.
The Taj Mahal was built of expensive marble, along with countless jewels and priceless gems inscribed in the walls. The monument is situated upon the south bank of the Yamuna, and it is an exceptional example of the finest architectural symmetry that dates back to the 17th century.
The entrance is adorned with twenty-two domes and the Taj Mahal is built upon a high marble base, which is built on top of a sandstone platform. The main and largest central dome has the tombs of Mumtaz and Shah Jahan erected directly beneath it. The interiors used to be studded with jewels from far and wide although these have now been removed. The outer walls and the tombs bear the engravings of scripts from the holy Quran which are simply stunning and can still be seen clearly.
The world famous monumental wonder of Taj Mahal is one of the must visit places in everyone's life and there is obviously a huge crowd that is waiting to explore the historical landmark. Skip the line by booking tickets for Taj Mahal well in advance. Although tickets for Taj Mahal can be bought directly, it is more of a hassle than to grab the Taj Mahal tickets here. Buy tickets for Taj Mahal from the tickets section, as it comes with a remarkable tour experience and as for the Taj Mahal ticket prices, this is the best deal you can get!
Facts and Figures
- Location : On the banks of river Yamuna in Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Year of Construction : 1631 - 1653
- Built By : Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan
- Spread Over : 42 acres
- Significance : One of the Seven Wonders of the World
Taj Mahal Information
- Night viewing is only possible on Full moon nights. For details please refer official website.
- The tombs of the Emperor and Empress which are displayed permanently are model tombs.
- The real tombs are situated beneath in the basement compound, which are allowed public viewing only on very selective days.
- Only 400 visitors allowed, in 8 batches of 50 people.
Taj Mahal Ticket Prices
- Given prices are for foreigners.
- Foreign tourists: 1000 INR
- Citizens on SAARC and BIMSTEC countries: 530 INR
- Indians: 40 INR
- Children below 15: Free
- Night viewing charges (foreigners): 750 INR
- Night viewing charges (Indians): 510 INR
Taj Mahal Opening and Closing Hours
- Taj Mahal is open from sunrise to sunset.
- Night viewing timings: 8:30pm – 12:30am
- Night viewing duration: 30 minutes
How To reach Taj Mahal by Public Transport
- Electric driven vehicles are available to reach Taj Mahal.
Restaurants Near Taj Mahal
- Taj Restaurant
- Man Singh Palace
- Hotel Amar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Agra before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Agra and book an accommodation of your choice.
Taj Mahal, Agra Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Samadhi Swamiji Maharaj Bagh
- Lakshmi Vilas
- Restaurant At Hotel Sheela
- Col Lamba Indian Homestay
- Mughal Bar
- Holiday Inn
- Shankara Vegis Restaurant
- Saniya Palace Hotel Restaurant
- Agra Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Agra
- What to See in 48 Hours in Agra
- What to See in 72 Hours in Agra
- How to Spend 5 Days in Agra
- How to Spend 6 Days in Agra
- How to Spend 7 Days in Agra