Are you looking for what to do in Agra?
PLACES TO SEE
There are many interesting places to visit in Agra. It has one of the Seven Wonders of the World and three world heritage sites.
- The Taj Mahal is one of the most famous and most recognized buildings of India and the world, and is the monumental wonder built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, in memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal. It is designated as one of the Seven Wonders of the World, and one of the three World Heritage Sites which are located in Agra.
- Mankameshwar Temple is most visited by locals you may need to go and see why. Agra Fort is also incredibly beautiful and well preserved when compared to Delhi Fort which was largely destroyed by the British after the Mutiny.
- The Agra Fort is a historical fort in Agra bearing the honorary designation of a World Heritage Site. The fort is built on a semicircular design, and huge circular pillars form the supporting base of the fort walls. The fort has impressive defensive measures that are very interesting to see.
- The Fatehpur Sikri is presently a municipality of Agra but it is nationally as well as internationally famous for being a heritage city of tremendous historical importance. Emperor Akbar had founded the city as the capital of the Mughal Empire, and the city remained the functional capital till 1585. Akbar himself had laid out and directed the design and detailed organization of the Fatehpur Sikri, through the building of a vast group of royal residences for the elite members, harems, courts of justice, and private residential houses for the functional members.
THINGS TO DO
- Agra has a vibrant nightlife, look out for On The Rocks bar in the Jaypee Palace Hotel, The Tequila at the Mansingh Palace Hotel and the Mughal Bar in the Clarks Shiraz Hotel.
- Apart from the Taj Mahal, it is worth going to the Mehtab Bagh Gardens, where you will have access to a quieter view of the Taj.
Below we have a list of things to do in Agra and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Agra getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Agra with confidence.