Tomb Of Mariam Zamani575 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Mathura Delhi Highway, Near Delhi Highway, Sikandra, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282007, India
- Timings: 06:30 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 200 INR
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Tomb
Mariam-uz-Zamani, today also known as Jodha Bai, was the Hindu consort of the Mughal Emperor Akbar and a Rajput Princess of Jaipur. This tomb was built by her son Jahangir. First constructed as a pleasure garden in 1495, it was converted into a tomb in 1532. Of all of Akbar's wives, her tomb is nearest to him. On the ground floor there are forty chambers and the cenotaph of Mariam. The beautiful building is carved from red sandstone. The architecture is greatly appreciated for its combination of Hindu and Muslim styles. The tomb is set inside of a serene garden complex.
Entrance Ticket Details For Tomb Of Mariam Zamani
- Given ticket rates are for visitors from outside India and non-SAARC, non-BIMSTEC countries.
- Ticket rates for Indians, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Maldives, Afghanistan, Thailand and Myanmar: INR 15
- Tickets for other countries: 200 INR
- Free for children below 15 years.
Tomb Of Mariam Zamani Hours
- Open from Sunrise to Sunset.
How to Reach Tomb Of Mariam Zamani
- By Car
- Take an auto rickshaw or tonga.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Agra before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Agra and book an accommodation of your choice.
8.05% of people who visit Agra include Tomb Of Mariam Zamani in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
34.78% of people start their Tomb Of Mariam Zamani visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Tomb Of Mariam Zamani
93% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tomb Of Mariam Zamani