How to reach Agrigento
HOW TO GET TO AGRIGENTO
- By Air: Agrigento doesn’t have any airport of its own but is accessible from 2 airports. The closest one is the Palermo Falcone and Borsellino Airport and the second, Catania Fontanarossa Airport.
- By Train: Trains frequent to Caltanissetta and Palermo from the main train station Agrigento Centrale. While the journey to Caltanissetta takes 4 hours, the time taken to reach Palermo is 2 hours.
- By Bus: Regular bus transport is available to all the major cities which include, Palermo, Caltanissetta and Catania from the Agrigento Bus Station, PiazzaleRosselli.
- By Car: One can reach Agrigento from Palermo (via SS121, SS189), Catania (via SS640), Siracusa (via SS115 or A18, A19, SS640), Ragusa (via SS115) and Selinute (via SS115)
- By Boat: Ferries connect Porto Empedocle, Agrigento’s port, to the islands of Lampedusa and Linosa.
HOW TO GET AROUND AGRIGENTO
- By Bus: Buses run frequently from the main bus station and the train station to the Valle di Templi, making 1 stop on the way at the Archaeological museum.
- By Car: Rental cars are available near the train station Agrigento Centrale.
- By Foot: The Town centre is easily accessible by foot from the train station.