Monastero Santo Spirito81 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Cortile Santo Spirito, 9, 92100 Agrigento AG, Italy Map
- Phone: +39-092220664
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Monastery
Built in the 1200s, Monastero Santo Spirito is the most exquisite monastery with stunning stucco designs. Stepping into the monastery, every inch of it is breathtaking. The Great Abby, the heavenly courtyard and the ornate windows are equally magnificent. The architectural simplicity of the structure is in complete contrast with the complex intricate artwork of the interiors. Artist Giacomo Serpotta contributed grandly with his stucco art pieces. The most beautiful ones are those depicting Jesus in various scenes, like the Nativity, the Adoration of the Magi and the Flight into Egypt.
While you would expect to be blissful once you entered the abbey, you’ll feel humbled and at the same time stunned by its magnificence. The Monastero Santo Spirito also plays host to Bed & Breakfasts, so go ahead and stay at this spiritual haven.
How to Reach Monastero Santo Spirito
- Buses Sicilia-nord, Sicilia-puglia, Sicilia-roma to stop- Agrigento.
- Trains: REG, Bus: BUS to stop- Agrigento Centrale
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Agrigento before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Agrigento and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Monastero Santo Spirito Address: Cortile Santo Spirito, 9, 92100 Agrigento AG, Italy
- Monastero Santo Spirito Contact Number: +39-092220664
- Time required to visit Monastero Santo Spirito: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
17.92% of people who visit Agrigento include Monastero Santo Spirito in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
42.11% of people start their Monastero Santo Spirito visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Monastero Santo Spirito
55.26% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Monastero Santo Spirito
People normally club together Teatro Di Pirandello and Chiesa Di San Pietro while planning their visit to Monastero Santo Spirito.