El Parterre449 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Between Calle Jose de Diego and Calle Munoz Rivera, Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Nature
El Parterre is a serene landscaped plaza in Aguadilla. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the place is believed to be one where Christopher Columbus supposedly got down to refresh himself and his crew during his arrival on the island in the year 1493. A peaceful place in the city, El Parterre has a natural spring nearby. This spring used to be the source of drinking water for Spanish soldiers during wars.
Head over to the plaza in the morning with a book in hand or visit in the evening to witness a glorious sunset.
El Parterre Travel Tips
- There are souvenir shops around the plaza. Do buy some gifts for your loved ones.
- You will find small eateries selling authentic Puerto Rican dishes around the plaza.
- Situated right across the beach. So you can head over to the beach for a quick dip in the ocean.
How to Reach El Parterre
- Located within walking distance from city centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Aguadilla before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aguadilla and book an accommodation of your choice.
59.55% of people who visit Aguadilla include El Parterre in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
46.94% of people start their El Parterre visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see El Parterre
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting El Parterre