El ParterreCurrently Open
- Address: Between Calle Jose de Diego and Calle Munoz Rivera, Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Nature
El Parterre is a serene landscaped plaza in Aguadilla. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the place is believed to be one where Christopher Columbus supposedly got down to refresh himself and his crew during his arrival on the island in the year 1493. A peaceful place in the city, El Parterre has a natural spring nearby. This spring used to be the source of drinking water for Spanish soldiers during wars.
Head over to the plaza in the morning with a book in hand or visit in the evening to witness a glorious sunset.
- There are souvenir shops around the plaza. Do buy some gifts for your loved ones.
- You will find small eateries selling authentic Puerto Rican dishes around the plaza.
- Situated right across the beach. So you can head over to the beach for a quick dip in the ocean.
- Located within walking distance from city centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Aguadilla before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aguadilla and book an accommodation of your choice.
85.85% of people who visit Aguadilla include El Parterre in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
46.94% of people start their El Parterre visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see El Parterre
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting El Parterre
Stop by the Parterre after your beach day and relax for a while. The manantial (spring water) that runs through the plaza needs to be cleaned from debris for it to regain it's water level. The community houses above it have been painted as a huge, colorful mural that tourists love to photograph.
It's like traveling back in time. Excellent place day or night for lovers! Great nocturnal hangout!
Nice place to read, kids play and fresh air.
Go visit the Maccromural while at the parterre both are awesome .
Beautiful to take fotos. It is a historic site