El ParterreCurrently Open
- Address: Between Calle Jose de Diego and Calle Munoz Rivera, Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Nature
El Parterre is a serene landscaped plaza in Aguadilla. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the place is believed to be one where Christopher Columbus supposedly got down to refresh himself and his crew during his arrival on the island in the year 1493. A peaceful place in the city, El Parterre has a natural spring nearby. This spring used to be the source of drinking water for Spanish soldiers during wars.
Head over to the plaza in the morning with a book in hand or visit in the evening to witness a glorious sunset.
- There are souvenir shops around the plaza. Do buy some gifts for your loved ones.
- You will find small eateries selling authentic Puerto Rican dishes around the plaza.
- Situated right across the beach. So you can head over to the beach for a quick dip in the ocean.
- Located within walking distance from city centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Aguadilla before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aguadilla and book an accommodation of your choice.
86.02% of people who visit Aguadilla include El Parterre in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
46.94% of people start their El Parterre visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see El Parterre
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting El Parterre
A very nice and beautiful quiet park, visited on a work activity and had to take a stroll through. There are a couple on places for local food and DRINKS, very cheap and nice owner.
The best place to hangout with friends and family. Have food, drinks and beers.
I had a great time by the beach
It's a beautiful park with water over a small bridge, benches and trees with plenty of shades.
There is a lot of homeless people around. So sad, because this place is beautiful and quite but with those kind of people around you don't feel comfortable or secure.