Akshardham TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: Indian Cultural Complex, Sector 20, J Road, Gandhinagar- 382 020, Gujarat, India, Ahmedabad
- Timings: 09:30 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-7923260001
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Monument, Family And Kids, Architecture
Akshardham Temple - Review
Akshardham Temple Ahmedabad is a masterpiece built according to a wish expressed by his holiness Shri Brahmaswarup Yogiji Maharaj in 1968 that a temple should be built on the banks of the River Yamuna. His wish was thus fulfilled by his successor and son the great HDH ShriPramukh Swami Maharaj in 2000 and after five years of hard work and divine blessings it was inaugurated in 2005. Akshardham temple Gujarat is one of the largest temples of Lord Swaminarayan and spread across 23 acres of land. The majestic Akshardham mandir Ahmedabad is built using 6000 tons of pink sandstone.
Swaminarayan Akshardham temple Gandhinagar near Amhedabad is a grand monument where you will find a combination of almost all ancient art and architectural form which have almost vanished with time. It also puts up many spiritual messages of our culture, tradition and mythology. It is a lifetime experience of a journey towards the glory, happiness, values, harmony and progress of India. If you want to know how much time to see akshardham temple Ahmedabad, you'll be stunned to know that you can spend an entire day admiring its beauty.
This ancient style complex is huge and is dedicated mainly to Shri Bochasanwasi Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha. It is a product of the collective efforts of more than 10000 people and their talents. In the Akshardham temple in Ahmedabad you are in for many more things to do such as-
- A tour through the huge main Swaminarayan Temple made with tons of pink sandstone. This place has a magical peaceful atmosphere which gives you a lot of calmness after you spend a little time inside.
- The HariMandapam with a larger than life gold leafed idol of Lord Swaminarayan.
- The VibhutiMandapam which has many brass lotuses that are brightly lit up. This place will let you get into the deepness of ancient Philosophical values.
- The ParsadiMandapam where the holy remnants of Swaminarayan are kept.
- The Neelkanth&Sahajananda Hall where the life and journey of Lord Swaminarayan is depicted through fantastic show settings. The amazing video show that takes you on a time travel, cosmos fiber optics, mini-chhapiya village and a journey through India with the help of three light and sound shows.
- The Mystic Hall that lets you rediscover India and its many mysteries and fascinations. Here you can enjoy a period film set 200 years back and the life story of an 11 year old yogi child.
- A walk through the Premananda Hall is how you can read messages from Ramayana, Mahabharata and the Upanishads through glass windows and fiber idols.
- The Sant Param Hitkari Hall hosts a fantastic audio-animatronics show which brings to life the atmosphere and life of characters like how it would have been 200 years ago.
- The Sahajananda Van is a fusion of a classic garden and a children’s park. Here you can enjoy rides and games for children or you can admire the collection of herbal plants or the beautiful marble statue of Lord Swaminarayan.
- The Sat–Chit–Anand Akshardham water show (musical fountain show) reveals the ancient secret of inner light by an Upanishadic tale of Nachiketa, who was a 9 year old boy who confronted Yamraj and received divine knowledge from him.
- AARSH or Akshardham center for Applied Research on Social Harmony. It has a collection of rare books and articles meant solely for research related activities.
Akshardham Temple Information
- You can also contact on +91-7923260002
- The night lighting shows are put up only on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Free wheelchairs are available if needed.
- Bags & baggages are not allowed inside the complex due to security purposes.
- Open your shoes and maintain silence inside the Parsadi Hall.
- There is a lot of parking space for all big and small vehicles.
- Do assist the volunteers and security personnel.
- Do read properly any instruction boards put up.
- Do not film or photograph.
- Do not bring bags, cameras, mobile phones, radios or other electronic items.
- Do not wear disrespectful clothes.
- Do not bring food inside the temple complex.
- Do not bring alcohol or smoke, chew or spit tobacco inside.
- Do not bring your pets.
- Do not touch or try to vandalize the exhibits or make graffiti.
- To see akshardham temple ahmedabad its took 2-3 hours.
Akshardham Temple Ticket Prices
Akshardham ticket price -
- Akshardham ahmedabad entry fees: Free to Holy footprints, garden, mandir
- Akshardham water show ticket:
- Adults: INR 90
- Children: INR 60
- Children below 3 years Free
- Akshardham exhibition ticket:
- Adults: INR 60
- Children: INR 40
- Children below 3 years Free
Akshardham Temple Opening and Closing Hours
Akshardham temple timing -
- Akshardham ahmedabad timing: 9:30 am to 7:30 pm (Tuesday to Sunday)
- The last entry timings for Akshardham Temple Gandhinagar Ahmedabad: 6:30 pm
- Akshardham exhibition timing: 10:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Akshardham Fountain Show Timings : 7:30 pm (Tues to Sun)
- Akshardham gandhinagar closing day: Monday
- Note that the Akshardham musical fountain show timings may change as per season, depending on Sunset timings
How To reach Akshardham Temple by Public Transport
- Nearest airport is at Ahmedabad.
- Nearest railway station is Gandhi Nagar Junction.
Restaurants Near Akshardham Temple
- Akshardham Restaurant
- Bhagyodhay Restaurant
- Radhe Sweets and Namkeen
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ahmedabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ahmedabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Akshardham Temple
95% of people who visit Ahmedabad include Akshardham Temple in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
68.51% of people start their Akshardham Temple visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Akshardham Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Akshardham Temple