Events and Festivals in Ahmedabad
- January: Makar Sankranti - It is one of the most popular festivals of Gujarat celebrated with a lot of enthusiasm.
- The International Kite Festival - The International kite festival is celebrated in January around Makar Sankranti.
- February: Tarnetar Fair - Koli, Bharwad and Rabari tribes celebrate this festival by matchmaking for marriages. Lot of bachelors bachelorettes dress up and gather at the fair.
- Mahashivaratri - Lord Shiva is one of the three creators of this universe. Mahashivaratri is celebrated by fasting and visiting temples.
- March: Holi - Holi is a time to celebrate. Everyone comes out of their houses with water guns, bright colours and milky drinks to enjoy this festival of colours.
- August: Janmashtami - The birth of lord Krishna is celebrated by Dahi handis visiting temples. Temples host feasts for commoners.
- September: Eid-ul-Fitr - After the holy month of Ramadan, Eid-Ul-Fitr is the time for feasting and partying with family and offering prayers in the Durgah.
- October: Navaratri - It is the life of Ahmedabad. Good music, Garbha and Dandiya take the energy level to a totally different level. If you are in Ahmedabad during this time, even you won’t be able to resist joining in!
- Dassehra: Dassehra is celebrated with a lot of enthusiasm in Ahmedabad as it is the last day of the Dandiya Raas.
- November: Kuchh Mohostav - The Gujarat tourism department arranges folk dances, poetry, ballads and handicraft performances and exhibitions.
- Diwali - It is the city of merchants and traders and so Diwali is a very important occasion in the city because it brings prosperity and light. Lakshmi Pujan is celebrated with a lot of grandeur.
- December: New Year’s Eve - People from Ahmedabad love partying and what better day to celebrate than New Year’s Eve?
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Ahmedabad
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Ahmedabad
Save 8%A Visit to The Rare Indian Wild Donkey - A Jeep SafariNew on TripHobo
Duration: 10 HrsBook Now
Save 7%Guided Walk through Old Town Ahmedabad of Unique Pols including Private TransferNew on TripHobo
Duration: 2 HrsBook Now
Save 4%Private Transfer From Ahmedabad To UdaipurNew on TripHobo
Duration: 5 HrsBook Now
Save 7%Private 2-Day Tour: Taj Mahal Agra from Ahmedabad with Commercial Return FlightsNew on TripHobo
Duration: 2 DaysBook Now