How to Reach Ahmedabad
How to Get In Ahmedabad:
- By Air: The SardarVallabhai Patel International airport is 15 kilometres from the main city at Hansol. Daily flights to New York and other international cities are available.
- By Train: The Ahmedabad Railway station is well connected to Indian cities in Western, Southern and Northern India.
- By Taxi: Private taxis travel to Ahmedabad daily from Mumbai. Although it is an option it is not the best one available.
- By Bus: The Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) connects the Central Bus terminus of Ahmedabad to every part of Gujarat and a few other states.
How to Get Around Ahmedabad:
- By Bus: AMTS buses run in the city and to the city suburbs. The buses charge a minimum of 3 INR and maximum bus fare of 25 INR. BRTS buses which are faster than the other service have been introduced recently.
- By Car: A chauffeured car can be rented from one of the Car rentals near the Railway station.
- By Taxi: Taxis are a not very widely used as a transport medium in Ahmedabad due to the Rickshaws. If you take one from the aiport, make sure you find a prepaid one.
- By Rickshaw: Rickshaws are the most popular transport option in Ahmedabad.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Ahmedabad. The most preferred mode of transport in Ahmedabad is Bike.
Average distance: 14.13 km Average time: 40.83 min
Bike 36.73%Bike 32.67 min Walking 0.56 min Other 0.11 min Overall average time for 11.56 kms 33.33 min
Walking 10.2%Walking 39 min Bike 5.2 min Motorbike 3 min Driving 2 min Overall average time for 7.4 kms 49.2 min
Motorbike 4.08%Motorbike 25 min Overall average time for 10 kms 25 min
Car 34.69%Driving 36 min Walking 3.35 min Overall average time for 19.24 kms 39.35 min
Bus/Trolleybus 6.12%Bus 32.67 min Waiting 6.67 min Walking 2.33 min Other 2 min Overall average time for 14.03 kms 43.67 min