How to Reach Ahmedabad
How to Get In Ahmedabad:
- By Air: The SardarVallabhai Patel International airport is 15 kilometres from the main city at Hansol. Daily flights to New York and other international cities are available.
- By Train: The Ahmedabad Railway station is well connected to Indian cities in Western, Southern and Northern India.
- By Taxi: Private taxis travel to Ahmedabad daily from Mumbai. Although it is an option it is not the best one available.
- By Bus: The Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) connects the Central Bus terminus of Ahmedabad to every part of Gujarat and a few other states.
How to Get Around Ahmedabad:
- By Bus: AMTS buses run in the city and to the city suburbs. The buses charge a minimum of 3 INR and maximum bus fare of 25 INR. BRTS buses which are faster than the other service have been introduced recently.
- By Car: A chauffeured car can be rented from one of the Car rentals near the Railway station.
- By Taxi: Taxis are a not very widely used as a transport medium in Ahmedabad due to the Rickshaws. If you take one from the aiport, make sure you find a prepaid one.
- By Rickshaw: Rickshaws are the most popular transport option in Ahmedabad.