Kankaria LakeCurrently Closed
- Address: Kankaria, Ahmedabad- 380002, Gujarat, India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-7925463415
- Ticket Price: 25 INR
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, View Point, Family And Kids, Lake
Kankaria Lake - Review
The Kankaria Lake is the largest lake in Ahmedabad. It is on the southern part of the city in the Maninagar area. The lake was originally built by Sultan Qutbuddin in the 15th century. It was then called the ‘Hauz-e-Qutb’ or ‘QutbHauz’. It was then used as a place for bathing of the kings. The strange fact is that in those times when it was built, it had a water purification system which has got damaged with time. There is a pathway around this circular lake which leads to a garden called the ‘NaginaWadi’ which means a beautiful garden in Urdu. This is in the middle of the lake and looks like an island. This lake is a symbol of the rich culture and history of Ahmedabad. The shape of this whole place is of an exclusive 34-sided polygon. There is a fleet of steps that leads down to the water level.
The Central Garden along with other parts was later renovated and many new facilities were implemented. The newly renovated park was inaugurated in a week long even called the Kankaria Carnival in December 2008.
The other attractions here are as follows-
- The Kamala Nehru Zoological Park that was founded by Rueben David in 1951. It houses numerous birds, mammals and reptiles along with other beasts. It was designated as the Best ZOO in Asia in 1974. The more attractive animals here are tigers, lions, pythons, anaconda, snakes, elephants, albinos, rhesus monkey, peacock, chinkara, spotted deer, white blackbuck, emu, jungle babbler, bush quail, and palm civet.
- Musical Dancing Fountain with Laser Show, which offers a beautiful symphony of Water, Light and Sound followed by the most spectacular Laser Show. It is a must visit to relax you after a day long visit of the Lake Front.
- The Balavatica or the children’s amusement park. It has a boat house, butterfly and weapon displays and also a planetarium, playhouse, mirror house.
- The amusement park for all age groups which has fantastic joy rides like the boomerang roller coaster, flipping arm, the torching tower, disc O’ pendulum, merry go round and a children’s center for computer games.
- The Kids City is a miniature world meant for kids. It is a huge area including everything such as banks, hospitals, fire stations, radio city, science lab, police station, court room, prison, heritage sites, town governance, ice cream factory and many things more.
- A ride in the two toy trains- The Atal train and the SwarnimJayanti Train.
- The balloon safari is an area with a restaurant, tethered balloon etc to admire the whole city and also the making of the Ahmedabad Eye. It is also called a Ballon Ride.
- The Stone Mural Park named Gurjar Gaurav Gatha. It depicts the grand sculptural masterpiece in white sculptures are constructing the rise of Gujarat.
- The Dutch Tombs is an individual embankment that shows the presence of the Dutch East India Company in this area during the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Many other water sports amenities are available.
- The other attractions are the DaduDayal temple, Natural history Museum, One Tree Hill Garden, Butterfly Park, Open Air theatre, Jaldhara Park.
Check and explore out more things to do in ahmedabad city.
Kankaria Lake Information
- Concession is given to handicapped and senior citizens and also to freedom fighters.
- Concessions will only be available with proper presence of ID proofs.
- School children on excursions should have written permission of the Principal to avail concessions.
Kankaria Lake Ticket Prices
- Entry Fee Rs.25 for adults and Rs.10 for children.
How To reach Kankaria Lake by Public Transport
- The nearest airport is the Ahmedabad Airport.
- The nearest Railway Station is Ahmedabad Junction.
Restaurants Near Kankaria Lake
- Sasuma Food Corner
- Prince Panipuri
- RG Shivam Fast Food
- Annapurna Bhaji Pav
- Choice Balaji Pav
- Shree Radhe Snacks
- Italiano Pizza
- Lijjat Khaman
- Lucknow Chavana & Sweet Mart
- Pooja Chinese
- Havmor Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ahmedabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ahmedabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Kankaria Lake
95% of people who visit Ahmedabad include Kankaria Lake in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
65.27% of people start their Kankaria Lake visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Kankaria Lake
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kankaria Lake
Kankaria Lake Map
Kankaria Lake Trips
Kankaria Lake, Ahmedabad Reviews
Awesome lake in ahmedabad. Where you found many types of rides, zoo, aquarium, snack house, Horror house, Restaurants and many more. The lake view with boating is too good, and toy train attract people. It spread in very big area. At evening time lighting is so beautiful, environment is very good here. Best time to visit at the evening. It takes 5-6 hour to enjoy completely. Great place to spend time with family and friends. Love this place....
Superb Place in Ahmadabad for one day picnic. best Place for Family and specially for Child. Kankaria area are 2 KM cover with Zoo. Adventure Park, water park, Aquarium, Kids City, Garden and many more rides. full on fun and entertainment place. One of the Ahmadabad famous place. everyone can go and enjoy. Do hangout with your friends and Family.
Kankaria Lake is a place where entertainment, culture, knowledge and talent perfectly blend with each other. From balloon safari and zoo to toy trains and amusement park, Kankaria Lake has it all. You can also just rejuvenate in the garden as life in Ahmedabad city unfolds around you. The ecstatic ambience with high-spirited people is a cherry on the cake. It is perfect for evening strolls with multi coloured lights glowing all around its periphery. For adventure buffs, Kankaria Lake lays down a plethora of options for like archery, gymnastics and water rides. The most beguiling festival- Kankaria carnival is celebrated with immense vim and vigour. And you are wrong if the festival seems only a source of amusement to you! It also provides you with a great platform to showcase your talent in different competitions.
Lake view is just too beautiful, it reminds me my hometown's lake. You can be here for as many as you want. Perfect place to roam with friends. Adventure parks are also cool. Though some rides are not to the mark. Night and evening scenes are mesmerizing.
A nice well maintained lake...very popular with joggers in the morning. Pleasant place to spend morning and evening for singles, couples, friends and families. You can grab fresh air enjoy the environment, sit, talk and relax. Good for photography, foods and hangout. Around this you can find Zoological Garden, Aquarium, Kids Play, Water Rides, Toy Train Rides, Balloon Safari and many more.
All QuestionsKankaria lake
RIdes mate nu packages prize ktla nu 6 plz give me a ans fast...Answer Report Abuse
The full package is for 500 INR per person. To know more about packages, you can call on Kankaria Lake contact number 91-7925463415.Report Abuse
- The Whisky Shop Dufftown
- Dufftown Distillery Walk
- Nairn Beach Lochloy Holiday Park
- Mortlach Primary School
- Keith & Dufftown Railway Association
- Dufftown Library
- Joseph Brown & Sons
- Dufftown Tourist Information Centre
- Ballyhalbert Caravan Park
- Kingfisher Upvc South Wales
- D D Racing
- Green Lawn Social Club
- Schools Literacy & Resource Centre
- Helen O'Grady Childrens Drama Academy
- Pontypool & New Inn Railway Station