Kankaria Lake, Ahmedabad
Kankaria Lake, Ahmedabad - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Kankaria, Ahmedabad- 380002, Gujarat, India
Ticket Price: 25 INR
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
Added 13.2K times in trip plans
Park, View Point, Family And Kids, Lake
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Kankaria Lake, Ahmedabad
The Kankaria Lake is the largest lake in Ahmedabad. It is on the southern part of the city in the Maninagar area. The lake was originally built by Sultan Qutbuddin in the 15th century. It was then called the ‘Hauz-e-Qutb’ or ‘QutbHauz’. It was then used as a place for bathing of the kings. The strange fact is that in those times when it was built, it had a water purification system which has got damaged with time. There is a pathway around this circular lake which leads to a garden called the ‘NaginaWadi’ which means a beautiful garden in Urdu. This is in the middle of the lake and looks like an island. This lake is a symbol of the rich culture and history of Ahmedabad. The shape of this whole place is of an exclusive 34-sided polygon. There is a fleet of steps that leads down to the water level.
The Central Garden along with other parts was later renovated and many new facilities were implemented. The newly renovated park was inaugurated in a week long even called the Kankaria Carnival in December 2008.
The other attractions here are as follows-
- The Kamala Nehru Zoological Park that was founded by Rueben David in 1951. It houses numerous birds, mammals and reptiles along with other beasts. It was designated as the Best ZOO in Asia in 1974. The more attractive animals here are tigers, lions, pythons, anaconda, snakes, elephants, albinos, rhesus monkey, peacock, chinkara, spotted deer, white blackbuck, emu, jungle babbler, bush quail, and palm civet.
- Musical Dancing Fountain with Laser Show, which offers a beautiful symphony of Water, Light and Sound followed by the most spectacular Laser Show. It is a must visit to relax you after a day long visit of the Lake Front.
- The Balavatica or the children’s amusement park. It has a boat house, butterfly and weapon displays and also a planetarium, playhouse, mirror house.
- The amusement park for all age groups which has fantastic joy rides like the boomerang roller coaster, flipping arm, the torching tower, disc O’ pendulum, merry go round and a children’s center for computer games.
- The Kids City is a miniature world meant for kids. It is a huge area including everything such as banks, hospitals, fire stations, radio city, science lab, police station, court room, prison, heritage sites, town governance, ice cream factory and many things more.
- A ride in the two toy trains- The Atal train and the SwarnimJayanti Train.
- The balloon safari is an area with a restaurant, tethered balloon etc to admire the whole city and also the making of the Ahmedabad Eye. It is also called a Ballon Ride.
- The Stone Mural Park named Gurjar Gaurav Gatha. It depicts the grand sculptural masterpiece in white sculptures are constructing the rise of Gujarat.
- The Dutch Tombs is an individual embankment that shows the presence of the Dutch East India Company in this area during the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Many other water sports amenities are available.
- The other attractions are the DaduDayal temple, Natural history Museum, One Tree Hill Garden, Butterfly Park, Open Air theatre, Jaldhara Park.
Check and explore out more things to do in ahmedabad city.
Kankaria Lake Information
- Concession is given to handicapped and senior citizens and also to freedom fighters.
- Concessions will only be available with proper presence of ID proofs.
- School children on excursions should have written permission of the Principal to avail concessions.
Kankaria Lake Ticket Prices
- Entry Fee Rs.25 for adults and Rs.10 for children.
How To reach Kankaria Lake by Public Transport
- The nearest airport is the Ahmedabad Airport.
- The nearest Railway Station is Ahmedabad Junction.
Restaurants Near Kankaria Lake
- Sasuma Food Corner
- Prince Panipuri
- RG Shivam Fast Food
- Annapurna Bhaji Pav
- Choice Balaji Pav
- Shree Radhe Snacks
- Italiano Pizza
- Lijjat Khaman
- Lucknow Chavana & Sweet Mart
- Pooja Chinese
- Havmor Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ahmedabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ahmedabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
Kankaria Lake, Ahmedabad Reviews - Write a Review
Fun place to visit whether you are living in ahemdabad or a visitor there. Easy to reach visitors as it is just 3.4 km from Railway station. This place is worth for every age group it has toy train and children park for children and boating and rides for adults. It also includes fish aquarium and butterfly park too. This is not the end it has many more things to enjoy go and experience them.
Great place to have fun, has a lots joy rides and food stalls. Boating in the lake is nice, with laser show that happens at night. A toy train(adults and children, both allowed) moves around the entire lake. Has a nominal fee of Rs.13 per head.
The cleanliness of the whole premises was up to the mark, couldn't find a rag or any wrappers around. The tiles anti skid so walking and jogging is a piece of cake. There's a chowpaty kind of shops on the right side of the entrance and a hotel and a snack truck on the left. All around the lake there were trees and they blended with construction, this added to the ambience. All around the lake the light posts are fitted with speakers on which old hindi songs are played the whole time. Speakers are on the each light post giving a 3D effect. As we walked to the right of the entrance we found a amusement park attached to the lake. The park had 5 exiting rides for the adults and some rides for the kids. The disco ride was a thrilling experience. There's a roller coaster not to long but mediocre. The other three rides are amazing! After the thrilling park experience coming back to the calm lake was a feel good moment. Cool and calm atmosphere was nice to absorb in from the hassle of the city.at last don't forget to watch musical fountain theatre at the center of the lake 🌋🌋
One of the best lake in the city. Everyone can enjoy here from kids to oldies. If you are tourist than once you have to visit definitely.
Number 1 attractive place of ahmedabad. Very nice place to visit. It has many things to see and experience.