Kankaria LakeCurrently Closed
- Address: Kankaria, Ahmedabad- 380002, Gujarat, India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-7925463415
- Ticket Price: 25 INR
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, View Point, Family And Kids, Lake
Kankaria Lake - Review
The Kankaria Lake is the largest lake in Ahmedabad. It is on the southern part of the city in the Maninagar area. The lake was originally built by Sultan Qutbuddin in the 15th century. It was then called the ‘Hauz-e-Qutb’ or ‘QutbHauz’. It was then used as a place for bathing of the kings. The strange fact is that in those times when it was built, it had a water purification system which has got damaged with time. There is a pathway around this circular lake which leads to a garden called the ‘NaginaWadi’ which means a beautiful garden in Urdu. This is in the middle of the lake and looks like an island. This lake is a symbol of the rich culture and history of Ahmedabad. The shape of this whole place is of an exclusive 34-sided polygon. There is a fleet of steps that leads down to the water level.
The Central Garden along with other parts was later renovated and many new facilities were implemented. The newly renovated park was inaugurated in a week long even called the Kankaria Carnival in December 2008.
The other attractions here are as follows-
- The Kamala Nehru Zoological Park that was founded by Rueben David in 1951. It houses numerous birds, mammals and reptiles along with other beasts. It was designated as the Best ZOO in Asia in 1974. The more attractive animals here are tigers, lions, pythons, anaconda, snakes, elephants, albinos, rhesus monkey, peacock, chinkara, spotted deer, white blackbuck, emu, jungle babbler, bush quail, and palm civet.
- Musical Dancing Fountain with Laser Show, which offers a beautiful symphony of Water, Light and Sound followed by the most spectacular Laser Show. It is a must visit to relax you after a day long visit of the Lake Front.
- The Balavatica or the children’s amusement park. It has a boat house, butterfly and weapon displays and also a planetarium, playhouse, mirror house.
- The amusement park for all age groups which has fantastic joy rides like the boomerang roller coaster, flipping arm, the torching tower, disc O’ pendulum, merry go round and a children’s center for computer games.
- The Kids City is a miniature world meant for kids. It is a huge area including everything such as banks, hospitals, fire stations, radio city, science lab, police station, court room, prison, heritage sites, town governance, ice cream factory and many things more.
- A ride in the two toy trains- The Atal train and the SwarnimJayanti Train.
- The balloon safari is an area with a restaurant, tethered balloon etc to admire the whole city and also the making of the Ahmedabad Eye. It is also called a Ballon Ride.
- The Stone Mural Park named Gurjar Gaurav Gatha. It depicts the grand sculptural masterpiece in white sculptures are constructing the rise of Gujarat.
- The Dutch Tombs is an individual embankment that shows the presence of the Dutch East India Company in this area during the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Many other water sports amenities are available.
- The other attractions are the DaduDayal temple, Natural history Museum, One Tree Hill Garden, Butterfly Park, Open Air theatre, Jaldhara Park.
Check and explore out more things to do in ahmedabad city.
Kankaria Lake Information
- Concession is given to handicapped and senior citizens and also to freedom fighters.
- Concessions will only be available with proper presence of ID proofs.
- School children on excursions should have written permission of the Principal to avail concessions.
Kankaria Lake Ticket Prices
- Entry Fee Rs.25 for adults and Rs.10 for children.
How To reach Kankaria Lake by Public Transport
- The nearest airport is the Ahmedabad Airport.
- The nearest Railway Station is Ahmedabad Junction.
Restaurants Near Kankaria Lake
- Sasuma Food Corner
- Prince Panipuri
- RG Shivam Fast Food
- Annapurna Bhaji Pav
- Choice Balaji Pav
- Shree Radhe Snacks
- Italiano Pizza
- Lijjat Khaman
- Lucknow Chavana & Sweet Mart
- Pooja Chinese
- Havmor Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ahmedabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ahmedabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Kankaria Lake
94.83% of people who visit Ahmedabad include Kankaria Lake in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
51.67% of people start their Kankaria Lake visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Kankaria Lake
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kankaria Lake
Kankaria Lake Trips
1 View13 Days 12 Nights13 Day Trip to Ahmedabad, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Jaipur from MehdipatnamBy: Guest UserCity: Ahmedabad, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Jaipur
2 Views9 Days 8 Nights9 Day Trip to Somnath, Ahmedabad, Dwarka, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Sasan Gir from MumbaiBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Rajkot, Sasan Gir, Somnath, Dwarka, Jamnagar, Ahmedabad
1 View7 Days 6 Nights7 Day Trip to Somnath, Ahmedabad, Dwarka from AhmedabadBy: Guest UserCity: Somnath, Ahmedabad, Dwarka
Kankaria Lake, Ahmedabad Reviews
Spent 2 days at the lake side. We enjoyed every moment. It had some crazy rides. It was very fun. It has a zoo, one which is nocturnal but one ticket will gain you entrance to both. The most captivating night event was the dancing fountain. It's an interesting experience and a must to visit. There are several restaurants around the lake some with great food while others not so great. I found one cash machine which accepts Visa and Mastercard. If you planning to go there make sure you dedicate an entire day. I didn't get to experience the hot air balloon because of cloudy weather so plan for months outside the monsoon season. The boat ride is very short and not worth the money.
The Kankaria lake is really awesome and refreshing place.To walk around the lake feels great with winds touching your face gently and refreshing you.For kids and young people the Kankaria lake offers various thrills in form of amusement park packed with thrilling and astonishing rides,fun park and speed boating. The toy train lets you to go round the lake enjoying the scenic beauty. The food stalls set here serves great tasty food at reasonable prices.
Lake view is beautiful. You can be here for as much time as you want. Perfect place to roam with friends. Adventure parks are also here. Go for doing individual rides rather than buying the whole rides ticket !!! One ride costs Rs 80 and whole rides costs Rs 360. But only 3 good rides are inside. So don’t waste money buying tickets for all the rides!! In the evening on weekends this place is very crowded. It took me 15 min at the gate to buy entry tickets.
A lake situated on the heart of the city, ancient but well maintain clean all around, there are several food stalls for snacks and fast food as well museum, butterfly garden, amusement park and the best part a train, must enjoy the ride if you ever visit Lake, can explore the lake with short span of time. Later sit towards the lake side and enjoy the scenic beauty. One can spent quality of time with friends and family. If you love walking do a small walk around the lake, also there is speed boat ride in water sports.
Who born and brought up in the city knows how this place has evolved over the period of time. Zoo is the one best things but around the it you will find all the things which makes a kid's happy. I love the toy train and loved the people waiting for more than one hour to get on train and this people are mostly elderly not kids. Plenty of food and restaurant stalls are here to survey mouthwatering delicious food... I use this place. I use to go with my parents and all friends...
All QuestionsKankaria lake
RIdes mate nu packages prize ktla nu 6 plz give me a ans fast...Answer Report Abuse
The full package is for 500 INR per person. To know more about packages, you can call on Kankaria Lake contact number 91-7925463415.Report Abuse