Tours for Kankaria Lake
About Kankaria Lake, Ahmedabad
The Kankaria Lake is the largest lake in Ahmedabad. It is on the southern part of the city in the Maninagar area. The lake was originally built by Sultan Qutbuddin in the 15th century. It was then called the ‘Hauz-e-Qutb’ or ‘QutbHauz’. It was then used as a place for bathing of the kings. The strange fact is that in those times when it was built, it had a water purification system which has got damaged with time. There is a pathway around this circular lake which leads to a garden called the ‘NaginaWadi’ which means a beautiful garden in Urdu. This is in the middle of the lake and looks like an island. This lake is a symbol of the rich culture and history of Ahmedabad. The shape of this whole place is of an exclusive 34-sided polygon. There is a fleet of steps that leads down to the water level.
The Central Garden along with other parts was later renovated and many new facilities were implemented. The newly renovated park was inaugurated in a week long even called the Kankaria Carnival in December 2008.
The other attractions here are as follows-
- The Kamala Nehru Zoological Park that was founded by Rueben David in 1951. It houses numerous birds, mammals and reptiles along with other beasts. It was designated as the Best ZOO in Asia in 1974. The more attractive animals here are tigers, lions, pythons, anaconda, snakes, elephants, albinos, rhesus monkey, peacock, chinkara, spotted deer, white blackbuck, emu, jungle babbler, bush quail, and palm civet.
- Musical Dancing Fountain with Laser Show, which offers a beautiful symphony of Water, Light and Sound followed by the most spectacular Laser Show. It is a must visit to relax you after a day long visit of the Lake Front.
- The Balavatica or the children’s amusement park. It has a boat house, butterfly and weapon displays and also a planetarium, playhouse, mirror house.
- The amusement park for all age groups which has fantastic joy rides like the boomerang roller coaster, flipping arm, the torching tower, disc O’ pendulum, merry go round and a children’s center for computer games.
- The Kids City is a miniature world meant for kids. It is a huge area including everything such as banks, hospitals, fire stations, radio city, science lab, police station, court room, prison, heritage sites, town governance, ice cream factory and many things more.
- A ride in the two toy trains- The Atal train and the SwarnimJayanti Train.
- The balloon safari is an area with a restaurant, tethered balloon etc to admire the whole city and also the making of the Ahmedabad Eye. It is also called a Ballon Ride.
- The Stone Mural Park named Gurjar Gaurav Gatha. It depicts the grand sculptural masterpiece in white sculptures are constructing the rise of Gujarat.
- The Dutch Tombs is an individual embankment that shows the presence of the Dutch East India Company in this area during the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Many other water sports amenities are available.
- The other attractions are the DaduDayal temple, Natural history Museum, One Tree Hill Garden, Butterfly Park, Open Air theatre, Jaldhara Park.
Check and explore out more things to do in ahmedabad city.
Kankaria Lake Information
- Concession is given to handicapped and senior citizens and also to freedom fighters.
- Concessions will only be available with proper presence of ID proofs.
- School children on excursions should have written permission of the Principal to avail concessions.
Kankaria Lake Tickets Prices
- Entry Fee Rs.25 for adults and Rs.10 for children.
How To Get To Kankaria Lake by Public Transport
- The nearest airport is the Ahmedabad Airport.
- The nearest Railway Station is Ahmedabad Junction.
Restaurants Near Kankaria Lake
- Sasuma Food Corner
- Prince Panipuri
- RG Shivam Fast Food
- Annapurna Bhaji Pav
- Choice Balaji Pav
- Shree Radhe Snacks
- Italiano Pizza
- Lijjat Khaman
- Lucknow Chavana & Sweet Mart
- Pooja Chinese
- Havmor Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ahmedabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ahmedabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: Kankaria, Ahmedabad- 380002, Gujarat, India
Ticket Price: 25 INR
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
Added 13.1K times in trip plans
Park, View Point, Family And Kids, Lake
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Kankaria Lake Tickets And Tours
Lothal is one of the most prominent cities of the ancient Indus valley civilization located in the BhÄl region of the modern state of GujarÄt. Instead of fortifications or temples, in Lothal you will mostly see flat and desolate ruins. However, please keep it in mind that you don't go to Lothal to see what is visible now but to imagine what used to be in the past. In the emptiness, you can create a unique drama of the place that some believe was the cradle of the subcontinentâs oldest civilization.
Enjoy a private guided day tour and visit many famous locations such as the Patan Rani Ki Vav, Patola Weaving Centre, Modhera SunTemple. Make the best of your stay while in Agmedabad alongside a knowledgeable local guide and a small group of like minded enthusiasts.
Take a private full day tour covering Ahmedabad, the largest city in the state of Gujarat. On the western bank is the Gandhi Ashram at Sabarmati, which displays the spiritual leaderâs living quarters and artifacts. Visit the Calico Museum of Textiles, once a cloth merchant's mansion and has a significant collection of antique and modern fabrics. Other points of interest include Hutheesing Temple, River Front Sabarmati, Sarkhej Roza, Jama Mausjid from the outside, Adalaj Stepwell and Sidi Saiyyed Mosque.
Relish a 4-hour private evening tour in Ahmedabad with your guide. Visit the unique Sarkhej Roza mosque and the riverfront on the Sabarmati River. Enjoy a walk through the unique utensil museum followed by an a la carte dinner at Vishalla Restaurant.Transportation, dinner and entrance fees to the mosque are included.
Share your experience - Rate Kankaria Lake, Ahmedabad
Wonderful and exciting activities! You may love morning jogs, evening walks, adventurous activities, trekking or simply fun... This place caters to all these kinds !! A perfect blend of nature with man made activities just to make your day !! Go with family, friends or even solo !!
Must go place in Ahmedabad. Many fun activities and nice lake. It look like a necklace in night. A zoo and musical fountain is there.
It is good place for Picnic. There are speed boating, balloon ride, fun parks and many more rides. Balloon safari is awesome. If you go there, u must ride Balloon safari. Zoo is also good.
One of the best places to visit in Ahmedabad for a fun filled evening. You can do boating they have jet skis as well as paddle boats. There is a zoo to go with kids and a amusement park plus a ton of food joints to eat from, you can have snacks or proper meals. If the length of lake is too much for you to walk then you can board the train which will take your around the entire circumference of the lake. The lighting of the lake in the evening is a treat to watch. I recommend coming to this place on evenings with your family or friends.
Must visit place on your Ahemdabad trip. It has the perfect food, mini train ride, swings, Zoological park etc. Visit the lake at evening, it looks amazing with lights all around.
- Nearby Attractions
- Alphaone Mall
- Camp Hanuman Mandir
- Jama Masjid
- Dada Bhagwan Temple
- Swaminarayana Temple
- Gurudwara Gobind Dham
- Sarkhej Roza
- Gujarat Science City
- Calico Museum Of Textiles
- Dada Hari Ni Vav
- Hotels Near Kankaria Lake
- Hotels Near Kankaria Lake
- 5 Star Hotels Near Kankaria Lake
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Kankaria Lake
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Kankaria Lake
- Budget Hotels Near Kankaria Lake
- Cheap Hotels Near Kankaria Lake
- Luxury Hotels Near Kankaria Lake
- Ahmedabad Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Ahmedabad
- 2 Days in Ahmedabad
- 3 Days in Ahmedabad
- 4 Days in Ahmedabad
- 5 Days in Ahmedabad
- 6 Days in Ahmedabad
- 7 Days in Ahmedabad