Sidi Bhashir Mosque845 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Saraspur, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India Map
- Timings: 05:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mosque, Historical Site, Monument
The Sidi Bashir Mosque is famed for its 21.3m-high shaking minarets (Jhulta Minars) . Built to seek to protect against earthquake damage, this certainly worked in the earthquake of 2001. The mosque is located opposite the Ahmedabad Railway station and is one of the most popular tourist destinations of Ahmedabad. Entry to the shaking minaret was prohibited following an incident at Qutb Minar in Delhi, where a stampede resulted in many children being crushed.
Each minaret is about 21 meters high and has three stories which have delicately carved stone balconies. The mosque and the minarets were built in 1461 but reason for this design is uncertain.
Sidi Bhashir Mosque Travel Tips
- Entry to the mosque is restricted.
How to Reach Sidi Bhashir Mosque
- Sarangpur Bus Stop
- Khadiya Char Rasta Bus stop
- The house of MG
- Shreeji Sandwich
- Green signal
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ahmedabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ahmedabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Sidi Bhashir Mosque Address: Saraspur, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
- Sidi Bhashir Mosque Timing: 05:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Best time to visit Sidi Bhashir Mosque(preferred time): 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- Time required to visit Sidi Bhashir Mosque: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
37.47% of people who visit Ahmedabad include Sidi Bhashir Mosque in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
38.37% of people start their Sidi Bhashir Mosque visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Sidi Bhashir Mosque
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sidi Bhashir Mosque
People normally club together Sidi Saiyyed Mosque and Kankaria Lake while planning their visit to Sidi Bhashir Mosque.