Airlie Beach LagoonCurrently Open
- Address: Shute Harbour Road, Airlie Beach, Queensland 4802, Australia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Water Body, Play Ground, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Picnic Spot
About Airlie Beach Lagoon, Airlie Beach
The most popular attraction in Airlie Beach is the manmade lagoon in the heart of the town. The local council, to resolve the problem posed by box jellyfish and other marine stingers in the water that prevented swimming, created it as a safe swimming zone. The lagoon is surrounded by ideal spots for sunbathing, a children’s play area and pool, shaded picnic spots and a sandy stinger-free beach. With no admission fee and open to public 24 hours a day, the lagoon is ideal for a day of fun and relaxation.
Airlie Beach Lagoon is one of the most popular attractions in Airlie beach and there’s no way that you can miss visiting here, during your trip to this Australian resort town. As tourists across the globe flock here in huge numbers, to witness the extravagance of this attraction, it is necessary to book the the Airlie Beach Lagoon tour tickets, well in advance. While the tickets for Airlie Beach Lagoon are free of charge, still you can get the Airlie Beach Lagoon tour tickets. Still have questions? Don’t worry and go through our tickets section and get the detailed Airlie Beach Lagoon Tour tickets.
Airlie Beach Lagoon Information
- The area is a non-alcohol and no smoking environment.
- Amenities include nine toilets and two showers, a handicapped toilet and infant change room, three change rooms and men's urinal.
Airlie Beach Lagoon Opening and Closing Hours
- Lifeguards: 9.00 am to 7.00 pm during winter; 8.00 am to 9.00 pm during summer.
How To reach Airlie Beach Lagoon by Public Transport
- Waterson Way is the nearest Bus Stop.
Restaurants Near Airlie Beach Lagoon
- Mai Saigon Vietnamese Restaurant
- Hog’s Breath Cafe
- Mr. Bones
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Airlie Beach before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Airlie Beach and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Airlie Beach Lagoon
95% of people who visit Airlie Beach include Airlie Beach Lagoon in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
64.58% of people start their Airlie Beach Lagoon visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Airlie Beach Lagoon
80.02% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Airlie Beach Lagoon
Airlie Beach Lagoon Map
Airlie Beach Lagoon Trips
Airlie Beach Lagoon, Airlie Beach Reviews
Refreshing gorgeous little oasis next to the shore - completely for free. The pool is a well cleaned saltwater artificial beach with a daytime lifeguard service, but it is also open at night too. It is perfect for swimming, but here are also a kid pool as well. It has plenty of changing rooms, toilets with many other facilities. A must try and visit place.
For those of you with sensitive skin, or burn easily, this place is your skin's worst nightmare! I had zinc all over my face and the sun's intentseness burnt my skin to a crisp leaving lines from sunscreen and zinc all over my irritated red skin. The lagoon is terrible.
Great place for a swim and a relax on the grass. Showers good and lifeguards on duty. Pools had something for all the family.
Lovely swimming lagoon with everything you need even BBQ covered water for young children
A great way to enjoy the last week of the school holidays.
All QuestionsAirlie beach lagoon
- Bronx Church Of Christ
- Angler's Corner
- Alpha Church Congregation Of The Temples Of The Living God
- Pilgrim Church Of Atlanta
- Rolling Meadows Historical Museum
- Ephesus Seventh Day Adventist
- Emmanuel Baptist Church
- Union Institutional Baptist
- Kingdom Hall Jehovah Witnesses
- Lost Lanes
- Vermont Railway
- New Shelby Mbc Extended Life Center
- Holy Temple Church Of God In Christ
- Foe 950