Conway National ParkCurrently Closed
The Conway National Park is located along the coast between Airlie Beach and Shute Harbour. A beautiful coastal park, it consists of rainforest-clad mountains, deep valleys and varied plant and animal life. The perfect place for bird watching, the park is home to two of Australia's mound-building birds, the Australian brush-turkey and the orange-footed scrubfowl. It park has numerous camping sites and walking trails ranging from easy to demanding. One can bush camp on a secluded pebble beach overlooking Daydream Island or hike up Mount Rooper for a lookout point offering spectacular views. Get away from commercial tourist activities and enjoy a few days in the wilderness. One can also picnic at the Conway National Park day-use area or walk to the Swamp Bay camping area. To explore the park on foot, you can leave your car at the day-use area, at the Swamp Bay/Mount Rooper car park or at the Coral Beach car park.
- If you wish to camp you will need to obtain a permit and fees apply.
- Toilets are located at the Conway National Park day-use area and are also suitable for people in wheelchairs.
- The day-use area also has wood-fired barbecues and picnic tables.
- Bring your own drinking water. There is no reliable water source in the park. If available, water from tanks must be treated before drinking.
- Bring your own food; there are no eateries nearby.
- Do not feed animals or birds.
- Camping fees apply and campsites must be pre-booked.
- Bus Stop- Shute Harbour Road 710036 for Picnic Area.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Airlie Beach before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Airlie Beach and book an accommodation of your choice.
42.66% of people who visit Airlie Beach include Conway National Park in their plan
86.67% of people start their Conway National Park visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Conway National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Conway National Park