Heart ReefCurrently Open
- Address: Great Barrier Reef, Airlie Beach QLD 4802, Australia Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, View Point, Nature, Snorkeling
A natural wonder, the Hear Reef is a stunning formation of coral in the shape of a heart. It is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the Great Barrier Reef and Whitsunday Islands. The reef is can be viewed by air only as snorkelling and swimming in the area is prohibited owing to its protected status. Ideal for a romantic flight with a loved one, the heart shape has made this reef a site for numerous proclamations of love and many a wedding proposal.
It is a must see when visiting Airlie Beach and has become a symbol of tourism in the Whitsunday region, featuring on several postcards and holiday brochures. Several operators in Airlie Beach conduct helicopter and seaplane tours that take you over Heart Reef giving you an opportunity to gaze upon this beautiful quirk of nature.
Heart Reef Travel Tips
- Look out for whales swimming near buy to add to the experience.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Airlie Beach before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Airlie Beach and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Heart Reef Address: Great Barrier Reef, Airlie Beach QLD 4802, Australia
- Heart Reef Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Heart Reef(preferred time): 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Heart Reef: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
19.46% of people who visit Airlie Beach include Heart Reef in their plan
60% of people start their Heart Reef visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Heart Reef
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Heart Reef
People normally club together Paddy's Shenanigans Irish Bar And Restaurant and Mama Africa while planning their visit to Heart Reef.
People also prefer to start their day with Heart Reef.