How to Reach Airlie Beach
- By Air: Proserpine Airport also known as Whitsunday Coast Airport is the closest and easiest way to get to Airlie Beach. It serves flights operated by Virgin Australia, Jetstar and Tiger Air. Shuttles, Buses, Car Rentals and Taxis are easily available from the airport. Hamilton Island Airport makes Airlie Beach accessible via an hour-long ferry to or from the airport several times a day. Mackay Airport also has bus shuttles to and from Airlie Beach twice a day but is farther than the other two airports.
- By Bus: Greyhound Australia and Premier Motor Service provide bus connections to Airlie Beach on routes between Brisbane and Cairns.
- By Train: Queensland Tilt Trains offer services to and from Proserpine Train Station with 2 northbound and 2 southbound stops per week.
- By Bus: Whitsunday Transit operates buses throughout Airlie Beach extending to Shute Harbor and Proserpine. The buses stop at convenient locations in the town making getting around the area quite easy. The timings for bus operations are from 6:00 am to 10:30 pm.
- By Car: There are several local car hire companies located along Shute Harbour Road. Campervans or Caravans are also available on hire but may need to be prebooked.
- By Taxi: There is a 24-hour local taxi service, with a well-situated taxi rank in the town centre of Airlie Beach.
- On Foot: Airlie Beach is small and can be easily navigated on foot. You may not be able to do everything the place has to offer but you can definitely walk the entire area in an hour.
|Mackay to Airlie Beach||97.79 km||1 hour 37 mins|
|Townsville city to Airlie Beach||231.58 km||3 hours 51 mins|
|Yeppoon to Airlie Beach||355.01 km||5 hours 55 mins|
|Gladstone to Airlie Beach||445.43 km||7 hours 25 mins|
|Gin gin to Airlie Beach||580.32 km||9 hours 40 mins|
|Kiels mountain to Airlie Beach||781.82 km||13 hours 1 mins|
|Kunda park to Airlie Beach||784.33 km||13 hours 4 mins|
|Wurtulla to Airlie Beach||797.86 km||13 hours 17 mins|
|Kobble to Airlie Beach||816.53 km||13 hours 36 mins|
|North lakes to Airlie Beach||827.07 km||13 hours 47 mins|