Located on a pretty verdant hillock, this museum was designed by Vasarely with the joint efforts of architects Jean Sonnier, Dominique Ronsseray and Claude Pradel-Lebar. Spread over 16,400 square feet areas, it is subdivided into 16 modules and has excellent view of the countryside including Cezanne's beloved Mont Sainte Victoire.
The structure itself displays great architecture with anodised aluminium plates and is decorated with geometrical motifs like circle and square with black and white patterns.
The museum is dedicated to modern, contemporary art displayed in seven elaborated rooms. The honeycomb structure filled with fine art pieces is a great treat for art lovers.
Fondation Vasarely Travel Tips
- Guided tours are available on prior reservation.
Entrance Ticket Details For Fondation Vasarely
- Discounted : € 6 (7-26 yrs old, Disabled)
- Children (3-7 yrs old) : € 4
- School groups : € 4
- Adult groups : € 6 (15 person minimum)
- Guided Tour for adults : € 60
- Guided Tour for school groups : € 30
Fondation Vasarely Hours
- Guided visits: Saturday and Sunday: starts at 2:30 pm.
- Treasure hunt: Wednesday starts at 2:00pm: Saturday starts at 10:30 am.
How to Reach Fondation Vasarely
- Bus n 2 to the stop Fondation Varsaley.
- Atelier Mandarine
- L Ile Aux Pains
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Aix-en-provence before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aix-en-provence and book an accommodation of your choice.
44.33% of people who visit Aix-en-provence include Fondation Vasarely in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
38.89% of people start their Fondation Vasarely visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Fondation Vasarely
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fondation Vasarely