Dampa Wildlife SanctuaryCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Tuipuibari, Mizoram 796431, Aizawl, India
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Wildlife Sanctuary , Family And Kids, Bird Watching
Dampa Wildlife Sanctuary - Review
Situated at the tri-junction of Bangladesh, Tripura and Mizoram, this wildlife sanctuary is home to the beloved tiger, mammoth elephants, bear, bison and birds species. Located at a distance of 133 km from Aizawl, this sanctuary is remote and relatively undeterred by human interruption. The result is that you get to experience animals in their true, wild habitat and experience nature in its true glory.
- To be able to enjoy the peace and tranquillity that the Dampa Tiger Reserve offers, one should be as quiet as possible and should avoid playing loud music or indulge in loud conversation.
- The best months to visit the Dampa Tiger Reserve are November to February.
- Two rest houses with cooking facilities are located within the forest premises. It is necessary to carry one's own provisions.
How To reach Dampa Wildlife Sanctuary by Public Transport
- Mizoram State Transport buses ply regularly between Silchar and Aizawl.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Aizawl before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aizawl and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Dampa Wildlife Sanctuary
90.48% of people who visit Aizawl include Dampa Wildlife Sanctuary in their plan
95% of people start their Dampa Wildlife Sanctuary visit around 11 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Dampa Wildlife Sanctuary
People normally also visit Paikhai & Bung while planning their trip to Dampa Wildlife Sanctuary.