Are you looking for what to do in Aizawl?
PLACES TO SEE
- Mizoram State Museum: The museum located at McDonald Hill in Aizawl is home to Mizoram’s history as it houses relics and pieces from history including traditional garb and implements used here.
- Dampa wildlife Sanctuary: Spread over 572kms the Dampa wildlife Sanctuary is home to tigers, bison, bears and other animals from the East Himalayan region. The birds, butterflies and varied flora are also a big attraction.
- Champai and Ruantlang: Champai is a scenic location with a view of the rhododendron covered surrounding hills a riot of colors and the clear view of the hills of Myanmar in the foreground.
- Vantawang: Set amidst lush bamboo forests, Vantawang waterfalls are rated among the highest waterfalls of the country. The hill station of Thenzawl which is located very close to these falls is also worth seeing.
- Tamdil Lake: Tamdil Lake is a scenic picnic site which also has fish farms in its vicinity and is a good spot to spend the day.
NIGHTCLUBS AND PUBS
- Aizawl is a partial dry state where Mizoram made grape wine Zawlaidi with low alcohol content is available. There are no nightclubs or pubs in Aizawl and the town shuts down after sunset. The hotel lounge or restaurant is the only place where one can spend one’s evenings.
- Aizawl is famous for its native handicrafts, handlooms and art works. The main shopping area in Aizawl is the Bara Bazaar which has a large number of shops selling handlooms, handicrafts and bamboo articles from the area. Ritz Market, Burma Lane Solomon Cave, New Market, etc are the other marketing areas in Aizawl. The Luangmual Handicrafts Centre is also a good shopping place for the Mizo Khumbeu Ceremonial bamboo hat which is created from waterproof wild Hnathial leaves.
- Aizawl is a small town but its charm lies in its fresh, untainted small world lifestyle, the modern outlook of its youth, the beauty of the surroundings, the gentle and welcoming nature of its people and the opportunity to see a new unknown culture and tradition which enhances the fabric of India.
Below we have a list of things to do in Aizawl and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Aizawl getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Aizawl with confidence.