Akbar's Palace And MuseumCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Akbar’s Palace & Museum, District- Ajmer, Ajmer- 305001, Rajasthan, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-1452620637
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museum, Museum, History Museum, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Architecture , Specialty Museum
Akbar's Palace And Museum - Review
The Akbar’s Palace and Museum is located just near the Ajmer Railway station and houses a fantastic collection of rare objects such as sculptures, paintings and other artifacts of the Mughal era. Here you can see the best examples of Mughal and Rajput weapons on display. This palace was built by Emperor Akbar in the year 1570. This palace served as his residence on his visits to Ajmer. This palace is not very big but is strong enough to withstand all enemy efforts and attacks. This palace has yet another historical significance. When the British power came to India to start business in the form of the East India Company, this was the meeting place of Emperor Jahangir and Sir Thomas Roe. The British called this palace, the Rajputana Arsenal. A part of the palace was later converted into a museum in 1908. The most striking attractions here are the Beautiful black marble idol of Goddess Kali and the 6th and 7th century paintings.
The Akbar’s Palace is a masterpiece in itself. Though parts of the monument are in ruins, it still beholds the glory of its golden past. The rooms of the palace are beautifully decorated. This palace serves as the perfect way to gain some knowledge about the culture of that era. The Palace Museum not only boasts of a grand collection of weapons and armors, but also has some of the most exclusive stone sculptures for visitors to come and admire them.
Akbar's Palace And Museum Information
- Photography is not allowed inside the museum.
Akbar's Palace And Museum Ticket Prices
- Rs 10 per person for Indians.
- Rs 50 per person for foreigners.
How To reach Akbar's Palace And Museum by Public Transport
- The nearest airport is the Jaipur International Airport.
- The nearest railway station is the Ajmer Dargah Junction Station.
Restaurants Near Akbar's Palace And Museum
- Ashirwad palace Restaurant
- Hotel Saheba Palace Restaurant
- Hotel Darbar Palace
- Hotel Iqbal palace
- Davat Restaurant
- Hotel Gulab Palace
- Bhola Hotel And Restaurant
- Chota Rang Mahal
- Silver Leaf Restaurant
- Madina Hotel
- Mahadev Dhaba
- Ambrosia Restaurant
- Elite Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ajmer before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ajmer and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Akbar's Palace And Museum
95% of people who visit Ajmer include Akbar's Palace And Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
54.65% of people start their Akbar's Palace And Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Akbar's Palace And Museum
94.56% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Akbar's Palace And Museum
Akbar's Palace And Museum Map
Akbar's Palace And Museum Trips
Akbar's Palace And Museum, Ajmer Reviews
All QuestionsAkbar's palace and museum
- Actors - Ames Community Theater
- Wakefield Woods
- The Space For Ames
- Saints Peter And Paul Catholic Church
- First Evangelical Free Church
- Christ Apostolic Faith Temple
- Baha'i Faith
- Cy Stephens Auditorium
- The Salt Company
- Zumwalt Station Park
- US Army Recruiting
- Chinese Evangelical Free Church Of Ames
- Clyde Williams Field
- Albrecht Christopher Asst
- Korean Christian Reformed Church