Akbar's Palace And MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Akbar’s Palace & Museum, District- Ajmer, Ajmer- 305001, Rajasthan, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-1452620637
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museum, Museum, History Museum, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Architecture , Specialty Museum
About Akbar's Palace And Museum, Ajmer
The Akbar’s Palace and Museum is located just near the Ajmer Railway station and houses a fantastic collection of rare objects such as sculptures, paintings and other artifacts of the Mughal era. Here you can see the best examples of Mughal and Rajput weapons on display. This palace was built by Emperor Akbar in the year 1570. This palace served as his residence on his visits to Ajmer. This palace is not very big but is strong enough to withstand all enemy efforts and attacks. This palace has yet another historical significance. When the British power came to India to start business in the form of the East India Company, this was the meeting place of Emperor Jahangir and Sir Thomas Roe. The British called this palace, the Rajputana Arsenal. A part of the palace was later converted into a museum in 1908. The most striking attractions here are the Beautiful black marble idol of Goddess Kali and the 6th and 7th century paintings.
The Akbar’s Palace is a masterpiece in itself. Though parts of the monument are in ruins, it still beholds the glory of its golden past. The rooms of the palace are beautifully decorated. This palace serves as the perfect way to gain some knowledge about the culture of that era. The Palace Museum not only boasts of a grand collection of weapons and armors, but also has some of the most exclusive stone sculptures for visitors to come and admire them.
Akbar's Palace And Museum Information
- Photography is not allowed inside the museum.
Akbar's Palace And Museum Ticket Prices
- Rs 10 per person for Indians.
- Rs 50 per person for foreigners.
How To reach Akbar's Palace And Museum by Public Transport
- The nearest airport is the Jaipur International Airport.
- The nearest railway station is the Ajmer Dargah Junction Station.
Restaurants Near Akbar's Palace And Museum
- Ashirwad palace Restaurant
- Hotel Saheba Palace Restaurant
- Hotel Darbar Palace
- Hotel Iqbal palace
- Davat Restaurant
- Hotel Gulab Palace
- Bhola Hotel And Restaurant
- Chota Rang Mahal
- Silver Leaf Restaurant
- Madina Hotel
- Mahadev Dhaba
- Ambrosia Restaurant
- Elite Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ajmer before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ajmer and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Akbar's Palace And Museum
95% of people who visit Ajmer include Akbar's Palace And Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
54.59% of people start their Akbar's Palace And Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Akbar's Palace And Museum
94.53% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Akbar's Palace And Museum
Akbar's Palace And Museum Map
Akbar's Palace And Museum Trips
2 Views15 Days 14 Nights15 Day Trip to Manali, Shimla, Amritsar, Ajmer, DeBy: Guest UserCity: Delhi, Agra, Ajmer, Amritsar, Shimla, Manali
11 Views8 Days 7 Nights8 Day Trip to Sirohi Rd, Udaipur, Abu, Ajmer, JaisBy: Visesh JainCity: Sirohi Rd, Udaipur, Mount Abu, Ajmer, Jaisalmer
Akbar's Palace And Museum, Ajmer Reviews
All QuestionsAkbar's palace and museum
- St Mary's Catholic Church
- Cameo Mobile Home Park
- Dam Site South Public Use Area
- Worldwide Mom's Day Of Prayer
- David Broom Ministries
- Country Aire Mobile Park
- Riverview Fellowship Church
- Community Church At Chaffee
- Lighthouse Christian Center
- Suburban Mobile Home Supply Of Arkansas
- Archdiocese Of Chicago Pstrl
- First Church Of Christ Scientist
- Vicariate I
- Green Tree Park
- Condren Galleries Limited