Are you looking for what to do in Ajmer?
THINGS TO DO
Ajmer doesn’t have much by the way of tourist guides. It’s best to research information online before you go.
- 90 minutes outside of Ajmer is the holy lake-town of Pushkar, once said to the seat of the Bramha, lord of Creation (this is the only place in the whole world that worships Bramha).
- The Jain temples are another important religious heritage. The Nareli temple will serve you authentic Jain food (check in advance for meal-times).
- Muslims and some Hindus both consider the Dargah an important pilgrimage centre.
- Shah Jahan’s Mosque is the most beautiful building in the city.
- Emperor Akbar’s old palace is now an excellent armoury museum.
- Rangji temple serves the local Hindus.
- The man-made Ana Sagar lake is the city’s favourite recreation spot.
- The Taragarh Fort battlements are fun to walk.
- The Mayo College is a fine example of Rajasthani architecture.
The TripHobo Vacation Planner will find it easy to map out your routes, and you itinerary is going to be very straight forward.
Below we have a list of things to do in Ajmer and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Ajmer getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Ajmer with confidence.