Akita Prefectural Museum53 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Ushiroyama-52 Kanaashiniozaki Akita-shi, Akita-ken 010-0124 Japan
- Timings: 09:30 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-188734121
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Gallery, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Specialty Museums, Hall
This is probably the best attraction to start your tour of Akita with. The history of the prefecture is beautifully laid out in six galleries covering different themes of history, nature, culture, and people. The galleries are as follows:
- Human History Exhibition Hall: Reconstructed dwellings from the Paleolithic period to the modern period.
- Natural History Exhibition Hall: Fossils, skeletons, geology and stuffed animals.
- Hands-on Experience Room: A kid oriented work shop for crafts.
- Memorial Hall of Akita's Pioneers: An interactive library covering the stories of the pioneers who first explored the region.
- Sugae Masumi Exhibition Center: An exhibition on one of the foremost researchers and historians of Akia.
- Nara Family Residence: Removed from the main museum, this covers an Edo-period clan and their historical home.
Akita Prefectural Museum Travel Tips
- Groups of 20+ must reserve their visit.
Akita Prefectural Museum Hours
- Closed on every Monday (open if Monday is a national holiday;closed Next day ).
How to Reach Akita Prefectural Museum
- Drive to here or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Akita before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Akita and book an accommodation of your choice.
14.06% of people who visit Akita include Akita Prefectural Museum in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
47.06% of people start their Akita Prefectural Museum visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Akita Prefectural Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Akita Prefectural Museum