Events and Festivals in Akita
- Komachi Festival: Celebrates the coming of summer with dancing, drumming and competitions.
- Port Festival: The neighbourhoods of the city each contribute a float decorated with giant figurines to the parade, for a total of about 20.
- Kanto Festival: August 4th through the 7th; This harvest festival, the main one of the city, sees 200 lanterns set adrift into the sky to the sound of drums and flutes. This is the one to add to your vacation travel itinerary.
- All Japan Fireworks Festival: 4th Saturday; millions come to see this magnificent fireworks display.
- Sakunodate Traditional Festival: Massive hikiyama floats are dragged around town, and then are brought to crash against each other to win the right of way on a particular street.
Trip plans for Akita
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Akita
109 Views4 Days 3 Nights4 Day Trip to Akita from Central District Police Service Centre
140 Views4 Days 3 Nights4 Day Trip to Akita from Central District Police Service Centre
Events & Festivals in Cities Near Akita
- Events & Festivals in Waga District
- Events & Festivals in Kazuno
- Events & Festivals in Morioka
- Events & Festivals in Shinjo
- Events & Festivals in Aomori Prefecture
- Events & Festivals in Osaki