Tentoku-ji Temple138 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 10-1 Izumimitakene, Akita, Akita Prefecture 010-0812, Japan Map
- Phone: +81-188681700
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Pilgrimages are always fun to hear about, but to undertake whole pilgrimage at a single site is unusual. But that's what this shrine offers - a line of 88 carved Buddhas, each representing one part of the actual Shikoku Pilgrimage. And the benefits that are supposed to accrue from that pilgrimage are apparently just as readily realised at this spot. The temple is a little way out of the city. The overgrown pine trees around the temple add a lot of mystical atmosphere. The building itself is a treasure trove of artifacts from the Sakate Clan.
Tentoku-ji Temple Hours
- Contact the temple before your visit to know if it is open.
How to Reach Tentoku-ji Temple
Drive to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Akita before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Akita and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Tentoku-ji Temple Address: 10-1 Izumimitakene, Akita, Akita Prefecture 010-0812, Japan
- Tentoku-ji Temple Contact Number: +81-188681700
- Time required to visit Tentoku-ji Temple: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
36.6% of people who visit Akita include Tentoku-ji Temple in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
35.56% of people start their Tentoku-ji Temple visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Tentoku-ji Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tentoku-ji Temple
People normally club together Akita Akarenga Kyodokan and Kubota Castle while planning their visit to Tentoku-ji Temple.