Excavations Of Akrotiri
About Excavations Of Akrotiri, Akrotiri
Overview of Excavations Of Akrotiri
Walking past the city of Akrotiri, you will come across Excavations Of Akrotiri. On your trip to Akrotiri, you can consider a quick visit to Excavations Of Akrotiri. Use this comprehensive guide to plan your visit to Excavations Of Akrotiri and you'll thank us later!
More about Akrotiri
Explore Excavations Of Akrotiri and other prime spots of the city using Akrotiri trip planner.
Hotels like Smaragdi Hotel, Hotel Mathios and Hotel Sea View will solve your problem of where to stay in Akrotiri.
Getting around Excavations Of Akrotiri, Akrotiri
Choose Bus that takes you to Fira, costing you roughly EUR 2, taking around 20 minutes. From Fira, take a Bus to Kamari and duration of trip is 15 minutes. Cost of this trip is EUR 2. The total distance between the two points is 17.88 Kilometre.Taxi
Best transit method is Taxi. The distance is 12.6 Kilometre, costing around EUR 14. The duration of the trip is 14 minutes.Car
Suggested transit method is Car. The distance between the points being 12.6 Kilometre, the time taken for the journey is 14 minutes. The expense of the trip is USD 2.
Suggested transit method is Bus. In 20 minutes you'll reach Fira. The expense of the trip is EUR 2. From Fira, opt for Bus to Kamari, the duration of journey is 15 minutes. The expense of the trip is EUR 2. The distance between the points is 17.88 Kilometre.Taxi
The most preferred mode of transport is Taxi. The transit will take around 19 minutes, covering a distance of 15.45 Kilometre. The trip will cost you roughly EUR 17.Walk
Walking is recommended. The distance is around 10.71 Kilometre and it will take around 128 minutes.
The mode of transport is Bus taking you to Fira. The transit will take around 20 minutes. The trip will cost you roughly EUR 2. From Fira you can proceed to Oia by taking the Bus. The duration to reach will be 20 minutes. The trip will cost you roughly EUR 2. The total distance covered will be 21.37 Kilometre.Taxi
Take a Taxi. The total distance will be 24.37 Kilometre costing EUR 25 and the duration of the trip will be 26 minutes.Car
It is recommended to take Car which will cost you roughly USD 4, taking around 26 minutes. The distance between the two points is 24.37 Kilometre.
Share your experience - Rate Excavations Of Akrotiri, Akrotiri
When we read that Akrotiri was older than the famous Pompeii, it became a must-see for us. We love history and it was incredible to look at the ruins and even walk in some of the ruins!! Everything is housed under a large roof so this was a nice break from the heat. Do not pay money to park in parking lot across the street. Just drive a little further towards the beach and park on the street! Even my six year old enjoyed the tour although she had a hard time grasping the concept of "super old" and "do not touch" 😂
Very interesting place to have a look around. Best done with a guide to explain the history of the place and exactly what you're looking at. The site is very well preserved and has a roof cover so you're not in the sun all day which keeps it cooler.
- historically speaking, a very interesting place - the truth is, for 12€ entrance you won't get that much - I asked 2 times whether there is a brochure, but I was assured that it is all self-explaining. I went in and ended up reading descriptions of what I'm seeing. I suggest you print out the Wikipedia article and read it there, because the culture and traditions of that place is left out completely
Very interesting, especially if you get a guide. Sometimes you can't really tell what it is that you're looking at. Just like with all archaeological sites, with a guide to explain, the visit is a lot more interesting. Also, the site is very well preserved, inside a really nice structure, which makes the visit more comfortable.
Interesting site of archaeology. It was great to see such well preserved ruins of Greece. The volcanic eruption of Santorini both destroyed and kept the city for millennium. I agree with other folks that a tour guide would really bring this to life with their experience and stories.
- Other Attractions
- Connemara National Park
- Trad On The Prom
- Salthill Promenade
- Quay Street
- Eyre Square
- Galway Cathedral
- Galway City Museum
- Galway Atlantaquaria
- St. Nicholas' Collegiate Church
- Crane Bar
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Hotels Near Connemara National Park
- 5 Star Hotels Near Trad On The Prom
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Salthill Promenade
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Quay Street
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Eyre Square
- Cheap Hotels Near Galway Cathedral
- Cheap Hotels Near Galway City Museum
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Galway Atlantaquaria
- Budget Hotels Near St. Nicholas' Collegiate Church
- 5 Star Hotels Near Crane Bar
- City Tripplans
- 5 Day Trip to Akrotiri from Toronto
- 9 Day Trip to Akrotiri from Lambeth
- 3 Day Trip to Akrotiri from Dresden
- 3 Day Trip to Akrotiri from Maidenhead
- 3 Day Trip to Akrotiri from The Hague
- 6 Day Trip to Akrotiri from Rio De Janeiro
- 4 Day Trip to Akrotiri from Gerrards Cross
- 3 Day Trip to Akrotiri from Reading
- 2 Day Trip to Akrotiri from Thira
- 10 Day Trip to Athens, Heraklion, Akrotiri from Salt Lake City