A must visit tourist attraction of Costa Rica, the Arenal Volcano Park was established in the year 1991. Spread across an area of 12,080 hectares, the national park is part of the larger Arenal Conservation Area. Within the park, visitors can explore-
- Hiking the Arenal Volcano massif (Chato Volcano)
- Lava flow paths from the years 1968 and 1992
- Volcanic activity
- Indigenous flora and fauna
- The tropical forest surrounding the national park
- Fortuna Waterfall
- Cherro Chato lagoon
A drive of around an hour from the city of Alajuela will take you to this beautiful heaven.
Arenal Volcano National Park Travel Tips
- Wear comfortable clothing and sturdy shoes.
- Carry plenty of snacks and drinking water.
- Bonfires are prohibited.
- Littering is a punishable offense.
- It is prohibited to remove natural resources from the park.
Entrance Ticket Details For Arenal Volcano National Park
- Private companies organize guided tours at the cost of approximately $80 per person.
How to Reach Arenal Volcano National Park
- Renting a 4WD and driving it down is the best way to reach the park.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Alajuela before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alajuela and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Alajuela include Arenal Volcano National Park in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
86.44% of people start their Arenal Volcano National Park visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Arenal Volcano National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Arenal Volcano National Park