Arenal Volcano National Park, Alajuela
Arenal Volcano National Park, Alajuela - Address, Phone Number
Address: La Fortuna - El Castillo, Alajuela, Costa Rica
Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 7.4K times in trip plans
Outdoors, National Park, Waterfall, Family And Kids, Volcano
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Arenal Volcano National Park, Alajuela
A must visit tourist attraction of Costa Rica, the Arenal Volcano Park was established in the year 1991. Spread across an area of 12,080 hectares, the national park is part of the larger Arenal Conservation Area. Within the park, visitors can explore-
- Hiking the Arenal Volcano massif (Chato Volcano)
- Lava flow paths from the years 1968 and 1992
- Volcanic activity
- Indigenous flora and fauna
- The tropical forest surrounding the national park
- Fortuna Waterfall
- Cherro Chato lagoon
A drive of around an hour from the city of Alajuela will take you to this beautiful heaven.
Arenal Volcano National Park Information
- Wear comfortable clothing and sturdy shoes.
- Carry plenty of snacks and drinking water.
- Bonfires are prohibited.
- Littering is a punishable offense.
- It is prohibited to remove natural resources from the park.
Arenal Volcano National Park Ticket Prices
- Private companies organize guided tours at the cost of approximately $80 per person.
How To reach Arenal Volcano National Park by Public Transport
- Renting a 4WD and driving it down is the best way to reach the park.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Alajuela before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alajuela and book an accommodation of your choice.