Events and Festivals in Albufeira, Portugal
Events and Festivals in Albufeira
- New Years’ Day: January 1st is brought in with live music, fireworks and much merriment.
- Paderne Medieval Festival: Early January, taking visitors on a trip down memory lane, all the way back to 14th-century Portugal with medieval music and special exhibitions.
- Carnival Parade (Carnaval): With floats, costumes, dancing and a street-party atmosphere taking the Algarve to a frenzy of a roaring celebration. Loule is home to some of the most extravagant celebrations.
- Easter (Pascoa): Late March / early April - Special Masses to mark Palm Sunday, Good Friday and Easter Sunday in accordance with religious observance.
- Liberation Day / Freedom Day (Dia da Liberdade): April 25th, the community stages live music, entertainment, sport and fireworks catering to large crowds.
- Labour Day: May 1st, celebrated in Paderne with a street fair and various exhibitions.
- IberoVespa: The city hosts the largest gathering of Vespa enthusiasts in the whole of Portugal.
- Balloons Meeting: Mid-June, approximately 20 hot-air balloons take to the skies ofAlbufeira. An evening 'Night Glow' also takes place at Fisherman's Beach.
- Popular Parades: Thousands join processions for this popular summer event that includes traditional Portuguese cuisine and a concert.
- BBQ Chicken Festival (Fiesta do Frango no Churrasco): A three-day Albufeira festival featuring plenty of barbecued chicken.
- Handicrafts Fair (Feira de Artesanato de Albufeira): A nine-day event with traditional music and a range of cultural handicrafts on display.
- Al-buhera Festival: Late July, a five-day cultural show, with handicrafts on exhibition and for sale, music and dance performances and delectable food to boot.
- Folklore Festival: Held in Olhos de Agua in August, this interesting event goes on for several days.
- Festival of Our Lady of Guia (Festa de Nossa Senhora da Guia): This begins with a special mass and culminates with a procession and live entertainment in the evening.
- Festival of Our Lady of the Oracle (Festa da Ourada): August 14th, a real highlight, is a day for paying tribute to the patron saint of the fisherman, - -Nossa Senhora da Ourada. This is particularly significant as the old town of Albufeira has traditionally been a fishing village. A lengthy parade starting at the parish church and overlooking the seafront promenade culminates at midnight with fireworks illuminating the sky above the Praia dos - - Pescadores(Fisherman’s beach).
- Sardine FestivalL: Held in Olhos de Agua, a four-day period witnesses a seemingly endless supply of freshly cooked sardines at this festival.
- Municipal Holiday: August 20th, the official holiday of Albufeira, with lots of entertainment, sporting events and a spectacular fireworks display at sunset.
- Fisherman's Festival (Festa do Pescador): Held for two days at Fisherman's Beach, with plenty of fresh fish and fun activities for all ages.
- Festival of the 'Beatified Vicente' (Festa do Beato Vicente): This festival honours the patron saint, with a special Mass, processions, evening entertainment and fireworks.
- World Tourism Day: September 27th, the city is at its flamboyant best, showcasing all that it has to offer tourists.
- Portuguese Republic Day: October 5th, a national holiday celebrating the founding of the republican government in 1910.
- Guia Annual Fair (Feira da Guia): A traditional folk fair featuring handicrafts, jewelry and clothing for sale. A Great place for shopping in Albufeira!
- Amateur Fado Contest: Held in late October, this involves several days' worth of traditional Portuguese folk songs, tinged with melancholic undertones.
- Independence Day: On December 1st, the Portuguese celebrate the nation's independence with a day off from work and family gatherings.
- Christmas (Natal): The entire month of December is festive, with Yuletide concerts, special Masses, processions and the sheer anticipation leading up to the New Year's Eve fireworks.
Trip plans for Albufeira
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Albufeira
Albufeira Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Albufeira
Save 7%Sunline Private Airport Transfer to Albufeira (up to 4 people) New on TripHobo
Duration: 40 Mins
Private Transfer between Faro Airport and Albufeira ( no other people on board or extra stops ). Your driver will meet you at...
Save 7%Historical Albufeira Walking Tour New on TripHobo
Duration: 2 Hrs
Enjoy a Walking Tour in exclusive with your party only. On this Tour, you will have a private guide, that will tell you all y...
Save 7%Dolphin Watching and Caves Cruise
Duration: 2 Hrs
Enjoy a 2.5-hour tour along the Algarve coast, between the Albufeira Marinaand Carvoeiro Beachand havethe opportunity to get ...
Save 7%Dolphins & seahorses New on TripHobo
Duration: 4 Hrs
SAFARI DOLPHINS & SEAHORSEDOLPHINS & SEAHORSEDEPARTURE FROM MARINA DE OLHODEPARTURE TIME: 08.30AMDURATION: 4HRBoat tr...
- Events & Festivals in Faro
- Events & Festivals in Lagos
- Events & Festivals in Sagres
- Events & Festivals in Amora
- Events & Festivals in Lisbon
- Events & Festivals in Cascais
- Events & Festivals in Fanhões
- Events & Festivals in Almornos
- Events & Festivals in Sintra
- Events & Festivals in Coimbra
- Events & Festivals in Funchal
- Events & Festivals in Porto
- Events & Festivals in Fatima
- Events & Festivals in Penafiel
- Events & Festivals in Ponte De Lima
- Events & Festivals in São Martinho Da Gândara
- Events & Festivals in Ordu
- Events & Festivals in Jerez
- Events & Festivals in Estes Park
- Events & Festivals in Joao Pessoa
- Events & Festivals in Isle Of Skye
- Events & Festivals in Zion National Park
- Events & Festivals in Grand Canyon National Park
- Events & Festivals in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Events & Festivals in Belem