Events and Festivals in Albufeira
Events and Festivals in Albufeira
- New Years’ Day: January 1st is brought in with live music, fireworks and much merriment.
- Paderne Medieval Festival: Early January, taking visitors on a trip down memory lane, all the way back to 14th-century Portugal with medieval music and special exhibitions.
- Carnival Parade (Carnaval): With floats, costumes, dancing and a street-party atmosphere taking the Algarve to a frenzy of a roaring celebration. Loule is home to some of the most extravagant celebrations.
- Easter (Pascoa): Late March / early April - Special Masses to mark Palm Sunday, Good Friday and Easter Sunday in accordance with religious observance.
- Liberation Day / Freedom Day (Dia da Liberdade): April 25th, the community stages live music, entertainment, sport and fireworks catering to large crowds.
- Labour Day: May 1st, celebrated in Paderne with a street fair and various exhibitions.
- IberoVespa: The city hosts the largest gathering of Vespa enthusiasts in the whole of Portugal.
- Balloons Meeting: Mid-June, approximately 20 hot-air balloons take to the skies ofAlbufeira. An evening 'Night Glow' also takes place at Fisherman's Beach.
- Popular Parades: Thousands join processions for this popular summer event that includes traditional Portuguese cuisine and a concert.
- BBQ Chicken Festival (Fiesta do Frango no Churrasco): A three-day Albufeira festival featuring plenty of barbecued chicken.
- Handicrafts Fair (Feira de Artesanato de Albufeira): A nine-day event with traditional music and a range of cultural handicrafts on display.
- Al-buhera Festival: Late July, a five-day cultural show, with handicrafts on exhibition and for sale, music and dance performances and delectable food to boot.
- Folklore Festival: Held in Olhos de Agua in August, this interesting event goes on for several days.
- Festival of Our Lady of Guia (Festa de Nossa Senhora da Guia): This begins with a special mass and culminates with a procession and live entertainment in the evening.
- Festival of Our Lady of the Oracle (Festa da Ourada): August 14th, a real highlight, is a day for paying tribute to the patron saint of the fisherman, - -Nossa Senhora da Ourada. This is particularly significant as the old town of Albufeira has traditionally been a fishing village. A lengthy parade starting at the parish church and overlooking the seafront promenade culminates at midnight with fireworks illuminating the sky above the Praia dos - - Pescadores(Fisherman’s beach).
- Sardine FestivalL: Held in Olhos de Agua, a four-day period witnesses a seemingly endless supply of freshly cooked sardines at this festival.
- Municipal Holiday: August 20th, the official holiday of Albufeira, with lots of entertainment, sporting events and a spectacular fireworks display at sunset.
- Fisherman's Festival (Festa do Pescador): Held for two days at Fisherman's Beach, with plenty of fresh fish and fun activities for all ages.
- Festival of the 'Beatified Vicente' (Festa do Beato Vicente): This festival honours the patron saint, with a special Mass, processions, evening entertainment and fireworks.
- World Tourism Day: September 27th, the city is at its flamboyant best, showcasing all that it has to offer tourists.
- Portuguese Republic Day: October 5th, a national holiday celebrating the founding of the republican government in 1910.
- Guia Annual Fair (Feira da Guia): A traditional folk fair featuring handicrafts, jewelry and clothing for sale. A Great place for shopping in Albufeira!
- Amateur Fado Contest: Held in late October, this involves several days' worth of traditional Portuguese folk songs, tinged with melancholic undertones.
- Independence Day: On December 1st, the Portuguese celebrate the nation's independence with a day off from work and family gatherings.
- Christmas (Natal): The entire month of December is festive, with Yuletide concerts, special Masses, processions and the sheer anticipation leading up to the New Year's Eve fireworks.
Trip plans for Albufeira
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of
Albufeira Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Albufeira
1 Reviews Duration: 30 Mins
Hop on a Jet Ski for a fun ride along Portugal’s Algarve coast! After renting a Jet Ski at the Albufeira Marina, power ...
USD 100.6Book Now
8 Reviews Duration: 2 Hrs
On board a 47 seater jet powered vessel you and your family can enjoy moments of fun. The crew has many years of experience s...
USD 44.44Book Now
USD 34.1Book Now
11 Reviews Duration: Flexible
Discover a hidden Algarve aboard a 4wd Jeep "off the beaten tracks" in the Algarve countryside. This tour highlights the most...
USD 60.36Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Cities Near Albufeira
- Events & Festivals in Almargem
- Events & Festivals in Cabeço De Montachique
- Events & Festivals in Alvaiázere
- Events & Festivals in Pias
- Events & Festivals in Algoz
- Events & Festivals in Setúbal, Setúbal (terminal Rodoviário) (ic)
- Events & Festivals in Verdelho
- Events & Festivals in Monte Redondo
- Events & Festivals in Bolembre
- Events & Festivals in Ramada
- Events & Festivals in Arneiro
- Events & Festivals in Aldeia De Paio Pires
- Events & Festivals in Cities around the world
- Events & Festivals in Norwood
- Events & Festivals in Wyndmere
- Events & Festivals in Tatenice
- Events & Festivals in Belorechensk
- Events & Festivals in Bosguérard-de-marcouville
- Events & Festivals in Claverley
- Events & Festivals in Fiľakovo
- Events & Festivals in Lowell
- Events & Festivals in Zverevo
- Events & Festivals in Burghfield