Praia Da Falesia2059 Votes Currently Open
The Praia da Falesia, a magnificent 8-kilometre-long beach, boasts of golden sands, transparent waters and a rolling sky marking the horizon, in uncanny resemblance of the generic escapist postcard. A relaxing getaway, this beach is fringed with spectacular orange-red cliffs (from which it gets its name, ‘falesia’ meaning cliffs) and comes with poignant sunset.
Clean and impressively spacious, rest assured that the expensive sunbed you will be tempted to rent will enjoy its own luxurious space and won’t be packed in to the next one. We suggest that you park outside in the public parking lot at the entrance of the street that leads to the Praia da Falesia. From here, descend from the cliff and over the wooden bridge to reward yourself with the views this beach offers.
Lifeguards are scattered along the length of the beach and it doesn’t generally get too crowded. For the adventurous, boat excursions and facilities for watersports are available from Vilamoura and Albufeira at either end of the beach that include scuba diving, windsurfing and water skiing. Vilamoura also has some of the best championship golf courses.
There's plenty of little snack bars dotted along the length of the beach, where you can get some rest and enjoy a beer overlooking the North Atlantic Ocean.
Praia Da Falesia Travel Tips
- Carry sunblock and bottled water as there are bound to be a lot of long walks and frolicking in the sea.
- The washrooms at the snack bars are pretty clean.
- Wear comfortable footwear so you can explore the rock-pools and charming little coves along the beach.
- This is a great beach for running, sunbathing, swimming and spending some time with the family, but not too well-suited to snorkelling because of the fine, golden sand and lack of significant sea life.
- You can catch a bus to the beach by booking tickets at any local bus ticket shop at a flat fare of EUR 1.40, while a tourist day ticket is EUR 4.
- Snack-Bar/Pastelaria Pingo de Mel
- Douro Tapas
- Bar Neptuno
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Albufeira before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Albufeira and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Albufeira include Praia Da Falesia in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
57.18% of people start their Praia Da Falesia visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Praia Da Falesia
94.32% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Praia Da Falesia