Praia Da Falesia, Albufeira
About Praia Da Falesia, Albufeira
Praia Da Falesia, Albufeira - Address, Phone Number
Address: Aldeia da Falesia, 8200-593 Albufeira, Portugal
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 12.3K times in trip plans
Bar, Beach, Golf Course, Walking Area, Food And Drinks, Play, Family And Kids, Adventure Sport, Water Sport, Sand Dunes, Scuba
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Praia da Falesia, a magnificent 8-kilometre-long beach, boasts of golden sands, transparent waters and a rolling sky marking the horizon, in uncanny resemblance of the generic escapist postcard. A relaxing getaway, this beach is fringed with spectacular orange-red cliffs (from which it gets its name, ‘falesia’ meaning cliffs) and comes with poignant sunset.
Clean and impressively spacious, rest assured that the expensive sunbed you will be tempted to rent will enjoy its own luxurious space and won’t be packed in to the next one. We suggest that you park outside in the public parking lot at the entrance of the street that leads to the Praia da Falesia. From here, descend from the cliff and over the wooden bridge to reward yourself with the views this beach offers.
Lifeguards are scattered along the length of the beach and it doesn’t generally get too crowded. For the adventurous, boat excursions and facilities for watersports are available from Vilamoura and Albufeira at either end of the beach that include scuba diving, windsurfing and water skiing. Vilamoura also has some of the best championship golf courses.
There's plenty of little snack bars dotted along the length of the beach, where you can get some rest and enjoy a beer overlooking the North Atlantic Ocean.
Praia Da Falesia Information
- Carry sunblock and bottled water as there are bound to be a lot of long walks and frolicking in the sea.
- The washrooms at the snack bars are pretty clean.
- Wear comfortable footwear so you can explore the rock-pools and charming little coves along the beach.
- This is a great beach for running, sunbathing, swimming and spending some time with the family, but not too well-suited to snorkelling because of the fine, golden sand and lack of significant sea life.
- You can catch a bus to the beach by booking tickets at any local bus ticket shop at a flat fare of EUR 1.40, while a tourist day ticket is EUR 4.
Restaurants Near Praia Da Falesia
- Snack-Bar/Pastelaria Pingo de Mel
- Douro Tapas
- Bar Neptuno
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Albufeira before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Albufeira and book an accommodation of your choice.
Praia Da Falesia, Albufeira Reviews - Write a Review
Yet another fantastic beach along the Algarve. Blue flag, lifeguards present. Plenty to sunbeds to rent at a reasonable price, needed to shelter from the sun. Fantastic staff, ordered food and drinks which were brought to us. Large beach so not too crowded. People watched, swam, paddled, read books and spent a wonderfully relaxing and enjoyable day here.
This beach is quite something. I only visited it for a short while as that particular day the sun failed to come out. Great spot though. The beach is massive with lots of sun loungers and sand that's not covered in cigarettes. Would of loved to of spent more time here.
Great beach with very clear and warm waters. Lots of space and sunbeds are available if you want them. A cool sea breeze makes the heat bareable so would recommend to people worried about this. Some lovely sunsets in the evening too.
Beautiful beach at foot of sandstone cliffs. Amazing sunsets. Lifeguard on duty during day.
Excellent beach, a bit windy normally. Sand is very fine and water is clear and not at all rough.
- Nearby Attractions
- Praia Do Castelo
- Peneco Beach
- Pine Cliffs Resort
- Algarve Gardens
- Praia Dos Salgados
- Mercado Municipal Dos Caliços
- Epic Sana Algarve Hotel
- Santa Eulália Hotel & Spa
- Albufeira Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Albufeira
- What to See in 48 Hours in Albufeira
- What to See in 72 Hours in Albufeira
- How to Spend 5 Days in Albufeira
- How to Spend 6 Days in Albufeira
- How to Spend 7 Days in Albufeira