Zoo Marine Algarve, Albufeira
About Zoo Marine Algarve, Albufeira
Zoo Marine Algarve, Albufeira - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Estrada Nacional 125, Km 65, 8201-864 Guia, Portugal
Ticket Price: 25 EUR
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 9.5K times in trip plans
Zoo, Water Park, Aquarium, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Nature, Bird Watching
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Often touted as the biggest attraction around Albufeira, the Zoo Marine Algarve water park is situated in Guia, a couple of kilometres from the city. Block a whole day in your roster for this park! It offers you much more than the average water park experience with a myriad tropical fish, seals, sharks and dolphins as well as tropical birds and birds of prey from across the globe showcased here in all their glory. The shows are captivating and many a visitor has noticed how the animals here are treated with much more sensitivity and care than any other water park they have visited.
A fascinating journey for adults and children alike, this is a great place to spend some time with your family as you encounter wildlife, and learn about its conservation; the whole experience enhanced by the use of top-notch technology.Using digital 4D animation, the Zoo Marine Algarve water park uses technology innovatively to amplify the visitors’ experience.
The Aquarium-Museum lets you explore the vaguely ominous world of sharks through 20 different eco-systems, and there is also a dolphin swim that you can embark upon - a well-organised operation that is professionally carried out that lets you actually get in the water with these gorgeous, intelligent animals. The dolphin trainers are friendly and collaborative and are happy to tell you more about the dolphins and their training. The park also runs a rehabilitation centre that works on reintroducing a range of marine species into their natural habitat, with the assistance of a team of professionals and volunteers.
This Algarve water park places a decided emphasis on an educational philosophy without compromising on the fun factor, making it a very wholesome pick. Cherry on the cake - the park is well organized and very easy to navigate, with all the attractions scattered out in spacious grounds surrounded by lush lawns, swimming pools and palm trees.
Zoo Marine Algarve Information
- There is free car parking available.
- There is a transport service within the park and well-equipped changing rooms and showers.
- Wheelchair rental, kiddy car rental are available.
- Refreshment kiosks and a well-stocked gift shop offer you a breather and the souvenirs here are great.
- The facilities provided here like the food and toilets are clean and decent(the former being a little overpriced), and there is the opportunity to relax on the beach if you want so make sure to carry swimwear. There are lockers to leave your belongings in.
- The dolphins’ special is not particularly cheap and bear in mind that it requires advance booking if you’re really keen on it!
- Guided tours are available.
Zoo Marine Algarve Ticket Prices
- Free for Children at a height under 1 metre.
- Children at a height over 1 metre upto 10 years: EUR 16.00
- Over 65 years of age: EUR 16.00
- Online tickets purchased 30 days prior to the visit can avail of a 20% discount.
- With the family pack ticket, you can buy 2 normal tickets online and get 1 free ‘junior’ ticket, for visits to the theme park.
Zoo Marine Algarve Opening and Closing Hours
- Opening season for the park: June 6 – Oct 16
- Timings during Medium season: 10 AM – 6 PM
- Timings during High season: 10 AM – 07:30 PM
How To reach Zoo Marine Algarve by Public Transport
- Zoo Marine is around 9 miles by road from Olhos D'Agua. A taxi will cost you around 15 - 20 Euros, booking in advance is required for return.
- Taking an early bus out from Albufeira is the best choice as you can get to spend the whole day here, and return buses from the park start post-4PM.
- You can book tickets and transport locally at one of the ticket centres in the city.
Restaurants Near Zoo Marine Algarve
- Restaurant O Ribeirinho
- Tasha Do Catuna
- O Vieira
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Albufeira before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Albufeira and book an accommodation of your choice.
Zoo Marine Algarve, Albufeira Reviews - Write a Review
We've visited on more than one occasion and it never gets old. Lots for kids of all age ranges and they all enjoy the live animal shows. Book first day ticket online and get second day ticket on site for excellent value. Food etc on site is a little more expensive but packing a picnic is always an option. A great family day out.
Amazing! To come on holiday and get the chance to swim with dolphins is absolutely incredible! I took my partner as part of a birthday present and we swam with the dolphins too and I'm happy I did. The staff are so welcoming and they teach you a lot about the creatures before you go in and you get the feeling that they are looked after really well. My partner also inquired about the training of the dolphins as she has studied animal training and again, more than happy to assist and point her in the right path if she was to chose to go down that route. Food isn't badly priced here either although they do go for a break during the day so keep that in mind.
Nice water park with lots to see and do. As the name suggests it's part zoo part water park. The animals here are marine animals centred around dolphins. There are other exhibits like aquariums and tropical birds. Several splash zones and pools for small children and some water rides for bigger kids. There are shows on throughout the day. I would recommend planning two days for a visit here. Pay for your first day online where you can also book coach pickup from your hotel. Once in the park you get the option to book tickets for your second day for €8. You will need to do this. As for what you need to take, treat it as a trip to the beach. Take towels and swimwear. There are changing facilities with lockers near the ferris wheel.
We went here last week. It was great. Really enjoyed the live shows. There's lots to keep older kids (5+) happy for 2 days. Our 1 yr old loved the train and the old school merry go round. It took her a while to get into the pools but then didn't want to leave
Worth taking your time on the first day, so you can have an enjoyable second day (€8 pp) to see everything without rushing and so you can choose where to queue. Parasols for hire, but they're equally accepting if you take your own. A cool bag/box for drinks and snacks is how the locals do it, setting up on one of the grassed areas near the pools. Beach footwear is advisable, due to hot paths when v. sunny. They seem to take a genuine pride in their standards of animal welfare and the same seems just as true now as for previous visit in 2009.
- Nearby Attractions
- Pátio Sá Carneiro
- Ale-hop Albufeira Hostel
- Ourapraia Hotel
- Hotel Aqua Pedra Dos Bicos
- Hotel Brisa Sol
- Santa Eulália
- Praia Do Castelo
- Peneco Beach
- Albufeira Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Albufeira
- What to See in 48 Hours in Albufeira
- What to See in 72 Hours in Albufeira
- How to Spend 5 Days in Albufeira
- How to Spend 6 Days in Albufeira
- How to Spend 7 Days in Albufeira