Zoo Marine AlgarveCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Estrada Nacional 125, Km 65, 8201-864 Guia, Portugal, Albufeira
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +351-289560300
- Ticket Price: 25 EUR
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Water Park, Aquarium, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Nature, Bird Watching
Often touted as the biggest attraction around Albufeira, the Zoo Marine Algarve water park is situated in Guia, a couple of kilometres from the city. Block a whole day in your roster for this park! It offers you much more than the average water park experience with a myriad tropical fish, seals, sharks and dolphins as well as tropical birds and birds of prey from across the globe showcased here in all their glory. The shows are captivating and many a visitor has noticed how the animals here are treated with much more sensitivity and care than any other water park they have visited.
A fascinating journey for adults and children alike, this is a great place to spend some time with your family as you encounter wildlife, and learn about its conservation; the whole experience enhanced by the use of top-notch technology.Using digital 4D animation, the Zoo Marine Algarve water park uses technology innovatively to amplify the visitors’ experience.
The Aquarium-Museum lets you explore the vaguely ominous world of sharks through 20 different eco-systems, and there is also a dolphin swim that you can embark upon - a well-organised operation that is professionally carried out that lets you actually get in the water with these gorgeous, intelligent animals. The dolphin trainers are friendly and collaborative and are happy to tell you more about the dolphins and their training. The park also runs a rehabilitation centre that works on reintroducing a range of marine species into their natural habitat, with the assistance of a team of professionals and volunteers.
This Algarve water park places a decided emphasis on an educational philosophy without compromising on the fun factor, making it a very wholesome pick. Cherry on the cake - the park is well organized and very easy to navigate, with all the attractions scattered out in spacious grounds surrounded by lush lawns, swimming pools and palm trees.
- There is free car parking available.
- There is a transport service within the park and well-equipped changing rooms and showers.
- Wheelchair rental, kiddy car rental are available.
- Refreshment kiosks and a well-stocked gift shop offer you a breather and the souvenirs here are great.
- The facilities provided here like the food and toilets are clean and decent(the former being a little overpriced), and there is the opportunity to relax on the beach if you want so make sure to carry swimwear. There are lockers to leave your belongings in.
- The dolphins’ special is not particularly cheap and bear in mind that it requires advance booking if you’re really keen on it!
- Guided tours are available.
- Free for Children at a height under 1 metre.
- Children at a height over 1 metre upto 10 years: EUR 16.00
- Over 65 years of age: EUR 16.00
- Online tickets purchased 30 days prior to the visit can avail of a 20% discount.
- With the family pack ticket, you can buy 2 normal tickets online and get 1 free ‘junior’ ticket, for visits to the theme park.
- Opening season for the park: June 6 – Oct 16
- Timings during Medium season: 10 AM – 6 PM
- Timings during High season: 10 AM – 07:30 PM
- Zoo Marine is around 9 miles by road from Olhos D'Agua. A taxi will cost you around 15 - 20 Euros, booking in advance is required for return.
- Taking an early bus out from Albufeira is the best choice as you can get to spend the whole day here, and return buses from the park start post-4PM.
- You can book tickets and transport locally at one of the ticket centres in the city.
- Restaurant O Ribeirinho
- Tasha Do Catuna
- O Vieira
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Albufeira before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Albufeira and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Albufeira include Zoo Marine Algarve in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
92.19% of people start their Zoo Marine Algarve visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Zoo Marine Algarve
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Zoo Marine Algarve
A brilliant family place to visit. Highly recommended. Lots to do, lots of shows, plenty to keep the whole family entertained. Animal shows are so well choreographed and the animals are all well treated. I'd like to go back! Food and drink on offer was not badly priced and was of good quality for fast food. Staff were all lovely and very helpful. A wonderful place for everyone. Some very interesting things to see and do.
Brilliant brilliant day out and worth going more than once. Such a strong message about protecting our planet and they absolutely live by this at Zoomarine. A very special place indeed. Awesome zoo, bird life, aquarium and marine life as well as fantastic rides too. A great day out.
It's an absolutely brilliant day out. I would highly recommend the Dolphin Experience. It is a once in a lifetime chance to get up close and personal with such an amazing and beautiful animal. The staff are friendly and are a joy to speak to. If you get Rob for the experience he is really funny. Definitely coming back to Portugal to visit.
An amazing day out for all the family. Would maybe do the two days there though as there is so much to see and do it's hard to get round in one day. The dolphin show was outstanding and so was the sea lion show. Highly recommend going here.
Really enjoyed the day out! Watched all the shows, including the dolphins, seals/sea lions, birds, birds of pray... Lovely enclosures and well cared and loved animals! Food was nice and great price, as well as full souviner shops. Enjoyed the rides, overall a wonderful day out for the family and would go back again! :)