Zoo Marine AlgarveCurrently Closed
- Address: Estrada Nacional 125, Km 65, 8201-864 Guia, Portugal, Albufeira
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +351-289560300
- Ticket Price: 25 EUR
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Water Park, Aquarium, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Nature, Bird Watching
Zoo Marine Algarve - Review
Often touted as the biggest attraction around Albufeira, the Zoo Marine Algarve water park is situated in Guia, a couple of kilometres from the city. Block a whole day in your roster for this park! It offers you much more than the average water park experience with a myriad tropical fish, seals, sharks and dolphins as well as tropical birds and birds of prey from across the globe showcased here in all their glory. The shows are captivating and many a visitor has noticed how the animals here are treated with much more sensitivity and care than any other water park they have visited.
A fascinating journey for adults and children alike, this is a great place to spend some time with your family as you encounter wildlife, and learn about its conservation; the whole experience enhanced by the use of top-notch technology.Using digital 4D animation, the Zoo Marine Algarve water park uses technology innovatively to amplify the visitors’ experience.
The Aquarium-Museum lets you explore the vaguely ominous world of sharks through 20 different eco-systems, and there is also a dolphin swim that you can embark upon - a well-organised operation that is professionally carried out that lets you actually get in the water with these gorgeous, intelligent animals. The dolphin trainers are friendly and collaborative and are happy to tell you more about the dolphins and their training. The park also runs a rehabilitation centre that works on reintroducing a range of marine species into their natural habitat, with the assistance of a team of professionals and volunteers.
This Algarve water park places a decided emphasis on an educational philosophy without compromising on the fun factor, making it a very wholesome pick. Cherry on the cake - the park is well organized and very easy to navigate, with all the attractions scattered out in spacious grounds surrounded by lush lawns, swimming pools and palm trees.
Zoo Marine Algarve Information
- There is free car parking available.
- There is a transport service within the park and well-equipped changing rooms and showers.
- Wheelchair rental, kiddy car rental are available.
- Refreshment kiosks and a well-stocked gift shop offer you a breather and the souvenirs here are great.
- The facilities provided here like the food and toilets are clean and decent(the former being a little overpriced), and there is the opportunity to relax on the beach if you want so make sure to carry swimwear. There are lockers to leave your belongings in.
- The dolphins’ special is not particularly cheap and bear in mind that it requires advance booking if you’re really keen on it!
- Guided tours are available.
Zoo Marine Algarve Ticket Prices
- Free for Children at a height under 1 metre.
- Children at a height over 1 metre upto 10 years: EUR 16.00
- Over 65 years of age: EUR 16.00
- Online tickets purchased 30 days prior to the visit can avail of a 20% discount.
- With the family pack ticket, you can buy 2 normal tickets online and get 1 free ‘junior’ ticket, for visits to the theme park.
Zoo Marine Algarve Hours
- Opening season for the park: June 6 – Oct 16
- Timings during Medium season: 10 AM – 6 PM
- Timings during High season: 10 AM – 07:30 PM
How To reach Zoo Marine Algarve by Public Transport
- Zoo Marine is around 9 miles by road from Olhos D'Agua. A taxi will cost you around 15 - 20 Euros, booking in advance is required for return.
- Taking an early bus out from Albufeira is the best choice as you can get to spend the whole day here, and return buses from the park start post-4PM.
- You can book tickets and transport locally at one of the ticket centres in the city.
Restaurants Near Zoo Marine Algarve
- Restaurant O Ribeirinho
- Tasha Do Catuna
- O Vieira
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Albufeira before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Albufeira and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Zoo Marine Algarve
95% of people who visit Albufeira include Zoo Marine Algarve in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
92.19% of people start their Zoo Marine Algarve visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Zoo Marine Algarve
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Zoo Marine Algarve
Zoo Marine Algarve Trips
Zoo Marine Algarve, Albufeira Reviews
Absolutely great day out. Worth every penny. The attractions are very good the shows are great for all ages 1 to 91+ the pools and slides are lovely and there are loads of places to get food and drink at fair prices. The rides are well timed so that the queues were not so long. Was very impressed. The whole place was well laid out and spotlessly clean with loads of bins around. The staff could not have been better. 😃
Nice place to bring the kids. Plenty of shows to enjoy the kids, dolphins, seals, birds, reptiles, a big aquarium with a considerable diversity of fish and underwater life, acrobatic show, you name it... Considerable number of places to eat, with some having affordable prices and others with prices a little bit out of the mark... The reason of the three stars is because of some of the entertainment places are in the need of maintenance, I understand that during high season it might be a bit difficult to maintain everything, but they should do some effort. It's a nice experience that for sure it will make you to come there a second time, and for that they also have a special price for the second day visit. Enjoy.
Dolphin show was amazing, very emotional. Sea lion show was good if a little long. Birds of prey very good. Very busy park, as you would expect in August! Spray paint man is brilliant and well worth purchasing his merchandise (my son bought a baseball hat with the Joker design). All in all the day went very quick and we had a great time. Don't expect the rides to be anything but average and the queues were 30 minutes long. Food is as expected for a leisure park.
It's an absolutely brilliant day out. I would highly recommend the Dolphin Experience. It is a once in a lifetime chance to get up close and personal with such an amazing and beautiful animal. The staff are friendly and are a joy to speak to. If you get Rob for the experience he is really funny. Definitely coming back to Portugal to visit.
Wow! As we were pulling in, we thought we were never going to make it in! The carpark was packed and they redirected us to the back. We ordered our tickets online (which comes with a 10% discount) to avoid the queue at the entrance, and off we went! What a great place! For all the cars outside, the place wasn't busy at all and we got to go on all rides, multiple times! I really, really liked the fact that all the rides and shows were included in the entrance fee, making it amazing value for money. Our little one had a blast as he went from ride to ride and in and out of the pool! I also liked the fact that it was super clean, much more so than other places I've been to! The food options are just okay, focusing on fast (junk) food, and the coffee was a lot more decent than I expected. Overall, I would highly recommend this place, as you and your children will surely enjoy it!!!