Albuquerque Bio ParkCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
This one-in-all biological park is a treat to nature lovers and we cannot disagree! Environmental museum as it is fondly called; this biological Park has four separate facilities namely:
The Albuquerque Aquarium- an ocean tank containing species from the gulf of New Mexico, estuaries, surf zone, shallow waters and coral reefs.
The Rio Grande botanic garden spread over 36 acres housing a glass conservatory for plants from Mediterranean and desert zones.
The Rio Grande zoo which is a home to more than 250 species of native as well as exotic animals like Elephants, giraffes, camels, lions, tigers, snow leopards, polar bears, hippos, gorillas, chimpanzees, zebras, seals, koalas, hyenas, white rhinos, and African wild dogs. It is also a favorite bird’s nest of various kinds.
The picnic spot best suited for a day-out: the Tingley beach. It has fun activities like boating and is very popular for family outings.
Albuquerque Bio Park Travel Tips
- Parking is available for free.
- Wheelchair accessible.
- Food is allowed.
- Glass containers, pets, alcohol, toys, sports equipment, beverage lids, straws, radios, CD or MP3 players and grills are not allowed inside the premises.
- You can get around the different attractions of Biological park by a narrow gauge rail.
Entrance Ticket Details For Albuquerque Bio Park
- Train rides have separate tickets.
- Combo admissions are available which include- zoo, Aquarium, botanic gardens and train rides.
- Seniors and children have a concession in ticket.
- Online tickets are available.
- Group discounts are available.
Albuquerque Bio Park Hours
- No train service on Mondays or Dec 24.
- Tingley Beach is open daily from sunrise to sunset.
How to Reach Albuquerque Bio Park
- Rented car
- Bike or Rio line train
- Super Buffet
- Dairy Queen
- Shark reef cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Albuquerque before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Albuquerque and book an accommodation of your choice.
49.36% of people who visit Albuquerque include Albuquerque Bio Park in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
63.97% of people start their Albuquerque Bio Park visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Albuquerque Bio Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Albuquerque Bio Park
People normally club together Indian Pueblo Cultural Center and Explora Science Center And Children's Museum Of Albuquerque while planning their visit to Albuquerque Bio Park.