Petroglyph National Monument Tours
About Petroglyph National Monument, Albuquerque
Spreading over 17 miles, this national monument is a volcanic basalt escarpment- nothing short of a natural marvel. In the area under this national monument, there are five volcanic cones, hundreds of archeological sites and more than 24000 images carved and designed by ancient pueblo and Spanish inhabitants of the area.
This area is now preserved as a legacy for the generations to come and is a must-visit place in Albuquerque.
Petroglyph National Monument Information
- Visit the visitor’s center to get the trail guide, brochures and map of the monument.
- Parking is available with applied charges.
How To Get To Petroglyph National Monument by Public Transport
- Rented car
Restaurants Near Petroglyph National Monument
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Albuquerque before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Albuquerque and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: 6510 Western Trail NW, Albuquerque, NM 87120, United States
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 4.6K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Geological Formation, National Park, Landmark, Observatory, Educational Site, Historical Site, Entertainment, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Adventure, Nature
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Petroglyph National Monument Tickets And Tours
Float over the Rio Grande Valley during a sunrise hot-air balloon flight from Albuquerque, home of the largest hot-air balloon festival in the world. As the sun comes up over the Sandia Mountains, admire the dramatic reds and oranges that fill the sky, and learn about the features of the New Mexico landscape from your expert pilot. Back on the ground, celebrate a memorable flight with sparkling wine and a light breakfast for a perfect start to your day.
Share your experience - Rate Petroglyph National Monument, Albuquerque
PLEASE READ: Petroglyph N.M. itself was beautiful and absolutely worth seeing, and the landscape and ancient history are why it gets 5 stars. However, WARNING⚠⚠ We went on a 1 mile loop hike and left our car in a full lot and came back to our passenger window smashed out and all of my money stolen along with other personal items. There are warning signs not to leave anything of value in your car, please do so! We are traveling from VA and are lucky they didn't take everything we had. Worth seeing the petroglyphs, I don't regret coming! This is not a complaint of the nature and fun filled trails, just a warning to fellow travelers, do not go with your stuff.
The Park rangers were very friendly and informative. We walked around the shorter path and did get to see a lot of great petroglyphs.
Go to the Volcanoes Day Use area (far west side of the park off Atrisco Vista Blvd.) if you want to avoid people and/or take your dog with you, as dogs are not permitted on most of the trails around the visitors center. There are incredible views of the city of Albuquerque and the opportunity for some serious quiet time. Walk up/around extinct volcanoes. Plenty of parking. Not sure of the specific hours; they do close the gate close to the road at night, but many people just park at the gate and walk in after dark - I've never had any problems. Stunning place at night. A hidden gem within 20 minutes drive of the city.
Beautiful surroundings, great rangers and very educational! Love it every time we go!
Beautifully kept natural park with a great amphitheatre. Enjoyed the beautiful Diane Richardson and friends in concert!!
- Other Attractions
- Henry Doorly Zoo And Aquarium
- Durham Museum
- Joslyn Art Museum
- Lauritzen Gardens
- Centurylink Center Omaha
- Heartland Of America Park
- St. Cecilia Cathedral
- Gene Leahy Mall
- Lewis And Clark Landing
- TD Ameritrade Park Omaha
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 5 Star Hotels Near Henry Doorly Zoo And Aquarium
- Hotels Near Durham Museum
- Budget Hotels Near Joslyn Art Museum
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Lauritzen Gardens
- Budget Hotels Near Centurylink Center Omaha
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Heartland Of America Park
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near St. Cecilia Cathedral
- Budget Hotels Near Gene Leahy Mall
- Hotels Near Lewis And Clark Landing
- Luxury Hotels Near TD Ameritrade Park Omaha
- City Tripplans
- Albuquerque Itinerary 4 Days
- Albuquerque Itinerary 7 Days
- 8 Day Trip to Albuquerque from Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Itinerary 6 Days
- 7 Day Trip to Albuquerque from Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Itinerary 3 Days
- Albuquerque Itinerary 2 Days
- Albuquerque Itinerary 3 Days
- 3 Day Trip to Albuquerque from Albuquerque
- 4 Day Trip to Albuquerque from Albuquerque