Sandia Peak Tramway, AlbuquerqueCurrently Open
- Address: Sandia foothills, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, 87122, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-5058567325
- Fax: +1-5058566335
- Ticket Price: 20 USD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Mountain, Trail, Hiking Trail, Observatory, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Adventure, Rock Climbing, Nature, Transportation, Transport Hubs, Rail Stations
About Sandia Peak Tramway, Albuquerque
Admire the tantalizing canyons of New Mexico by taking a trip to the Sandia Peak. And a grand way to reach this grand place is by taking the Sandia Peal tramway. An engineering marvel and a boon to nature lovers, Sandia Peak tramway helps you to observe the breathtaking geo-natural beauty. Once you reach the top, you can have a panoramic view of the entire valley that homes a lovely forest.
Be here are sunset and you will never be over this beauty!
Sandia Peak Tramway Information
- Other hours: The opening time on Tuesdays is 05.00 pm.
- The closing time in Summer is 09.00 pm.
- Other Ticket prices: Group tickets for more than 20 people are available.
- Senior citizens and children have a concession in tickets.
- Weekends have separate tickets.
- One way tickets are USD 12.
- Tips &Warnings: Wear warm clothes, temperature is about 20-30 degrees cooler.
- Wheelchair accessible.
- You can also hike or take a biking trip to the Sandia peak.
How To reach Sandia Peak Tramway by Public Transport
- Rented car
Restaurants Near Sandia Peak Tramway
- Sandiago’s Mexican grill
- High Finance restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Albuquerque before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Albuquerque and book an accommodation of your choice.
Sandia Peak Tramway, Albuquerque Reviews
This is an amazing destination in Albuquerque, whether you are a local or tourist. The tram may be used to make it back down after hiking La Luz trail, or as a quick access way to the ski area. Or, just take a round trip ride to the peak for a great view. The ride is smooth and beautiful, travelling through 4 ecosystem zones.
A must try! It's the world's longest passenger tramway! Be mindful of the weather and you may want to check if they are operating for the day before you make it there. We couldn't take the tram due to winds and we had to come again. The tram takes approx 15 mins one way and it's a very good experience . They charge you $25 for the tram and $2 for parking. You can even hike. Once you go there is 3 mile walk to a place. Give it try. You will enjoy them lot during snow.
Great experience. A little pricey(95 dollars for a family of 5) but it is a unique experience for someone from Louisiana who isn't used to mountains and elevation. Amazing views from the top and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable.
What an amazing experience!! The view was awesome. The tram ride was excellent. Great facilities at the top. Very affordable price. Loved it. Every one must go here at least once in their life.
This was my 1st time on the tram. What a great experience! The views are amazing on the way up-and-down especially at night while seeing the city lights. Even did some hiking up top which was nice and peaceful as well. The leaves were changing colors so that was an added benefit. Mateo was a great Tram Operator and made the experience extra fun! (Even if he did make us laugh at all of his corny jokes). I will definitely be doing this again!
All QuestionsSandia Peak Tramway
Find places near Sandia Peak Tramway, Albuquerque
ATM 10 Tramway Loop NE0.674 km away
ATM 8901 Tramway Blvd NE1.658 km away
ATM 7843 Tramway Blvd NE2.556 km away
CVS Pharmacy 7847 Tramway Blvd NE2.579 km away
Ashley M. Reed, R.Ph. 931 Tramway Ln NE2.538 km away
High Finance Restaurant - at the Top of the Tram 40 Tramway Rd NE0.008 km away
Sandia Peak Tramway 10 Tramway Loop NE0.302 km away
County Line BBQ 9600 Tramway Blvd NE1.457 km away
Crest 40 Tramway Rd NE0.425 km away
Mountain Fountain 10 Tramway Loop NE0.313 km away
Subway 8901 Tramway Blvd Ne2.02 km away
Domino's Pizza 7849 Tramway Blvd NE2.623 km away
Sandiago's Mexican Grill 38 Tramway Rd NE0.017 km away
Phillips 66 7843 Tramway Blvd NE2.645 km away
Roberts Oil Co. 7843 Tramway Blvd NE2.528 km away
Sandia Peak Tramway 30 Tramway Rd NE0.008 km away
Anderson's Victorian B & B 11600 Modesto Ave NE2.87 km away
- Recently Added Point of Interest in Albuquerque
- New Mexico Activities Association
- Bataan Military Academy
- Old Post Office
- Matthew Meadows Park
- Camp Granite Studio
- Heights Seventh Day Adventist Church
- Our Lady Of Annunciation Church - Religious Education Office
- Kiowa Colors Fine Art By James
- Stonebridge Poolhouse
- Hiland Theater
- Joy Light Church Of God In Christ