Visit Alcaniz - Best of Alcaniz
Located in the Teruel province in the region of Aragon region of Spain, close to the historical city of Zaragoza is Alcaniz, the city that fills each heart with delight. It’s setting on the banks of Guadalope river makes its surrounding so pleasant that each visitor who come here for a small visit changes his mind to spend few more days in the lap of the city’s unmatched beauty and grandeur. Be it the baroque facades of Los Calatravos, the medieval atmosphere of Plaza de Espana, or the paintings carved on the Santa Maria la church, Alcaniz has something that enchants the minds of every visitor.
There are a lot of things to do in Alcaniz. Tourists from different corners of Europe and the world come here for camping, sightseeing, and experiencing the historical heritage of Spain. Even if you are not interested in going to different corners of the city, just spend few hours on Plaza Major, the main square of Alcaniz, and you will soon realize how wonderfully this old city was constructed. The bell tower of Santa Maria Maggiore, the walls of Torre del Homenaje, and the beautiful buildings on the square are enough to blow your mind. But this beauty is not passive, the people of Alcaniz know how to celebrate it. If you want to experience this, attend the Easter week celebration, one of the most heartfelt festival in Alcaniz. This city, surrounded by Olive groves, and picturesque hills has so much to offer that you can’t get enough of it within some days of your stay.
Alcaniz Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Alcaniz tips for your visit
- Time Zone: CET (UTC+1), CEST (UTC+2) in summer
- Currency: Euro (EUR)
- Electricity: Voltage is 220V, 50 Hz (cycles). One needs to use a transformer (converter) if the appliance one wants to use is 110V.
- Internet: Private Internet Service Providers (Free WiFi is available at some places)
- Languages: Spanish, English
- Security: Dial 112: For all emergencies & Dial 902 102 112: for multi-lingual services (usually incurs a longer wait)
- Tipping: Locals often tip even if modestly. An extra Euro or two is considered good. In restaurants upscale tipping can be expected.
Are you looking for a Alcaniz travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!