Alesund Aquarium, Alesund
About Alesund Aquarium, Alesund
Alesund Aquarium, Alesund - Address, Phone Number
Address: Atlantic Sea-Park Tueneset 6006 Ålesund Norway
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 11:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 3.3K times in trip plans
Aquarium, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This marine park is the most popular attraction in town. It is one of the largest saltwater aquariums in Northern Europe. With 4000 sq metres of exhibition space, it is able to house 11 large aquariums, 2 open touch pools and 2 activity pools, and a few minor aquariums. Between them, they cover practically all of Norway’s important marine life.
The Great Atlantic Tank: Cod, halibut, conger and salmon.
Selbukta: The world’s largest seal exhibit, outdoors.
It’s a 40 minute walk from the town center. Very manageable, especially considering the charming scenery of woods, monuments, the sea and the hiking paths. It’s a nice walk. Nearby, there’s also a beach where you can go swimming or scuba diving.
Alesund Aquarium Information
- During summer (May – August), the Aquarium bus will leave from town hall Rådhuset, Monday-Saturday at 11, 12, 1, and 2pm. From Atlanterhavsparken the departure times are 12.15, 1.15 and 2.15pm.
- Check out the gift shop.
Alesund Aquarium Ticket Prices
- NOK 75 for 3-15 years old.
- Free for under 3 years old.
Alesund Aquarium Opening and Closing Hours
- Check attraction website for specific feeding times.
How To reach Alesund Aquarium by Public Transport
- Bus no. 614 or 618 stop Skarbøvik (ask bus driver to stop as close to park as possible). Follow signs to park.
Restaurants Near Alesund Aquarium
- Cafe at the aquarieum
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Alesund before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alesund and book an accommodation of your choice.
Alesund Aquarium, Alesund Reviews - Write a Review
Nice park with lots of sea life to admire from around Norway. We also watched the diver going to feed the fish in the big tank, which was great to watch. We also ate a good lunch here. Staff was friendly and helpful. Bit strange the last bus in summer goes back already so early, but that is something the park can't help.
Lovely place for grown-ups and children. The sea lions are shy but you have to be patient. 2 hours visit is recommended and better on weekends.
Lovely place to visit the for adults and children the amount of aquatic life to see is quite impressive and it's in a lovely scenic area too
Great exhibits. I've seen many penguins in my life but I've never seen any as playful as those I've seen here.
Extremely interesting and fun, great variety though the otters could be a little less shy.
- Nearby Attractions
- Quality Hotel Waterfront, Ålesund
- Aksla Viewpoint
- Moa Svommehall
- The Art Nouveau Town
- Byrampen Viewpoint
- Aalesunds Museum
- Alesund Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Alesund
- What to See in 48 Hours in Alesund
- What to See in 72 Hours in Alesund
- How to Spend 5 Days in Alesund
- How to Spend 6 Days in Alesund
- How to Spend 7 Days in Alesund