Alesund AquariumCurrently Closed
- Address: Atlantic Sea-Park Tueneset 6006 Ålesund Norway, Alesund
- Timings: 11:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +47-70107060
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Aquarium, Family And Kids
This marine park is the most popular attraction in town. It is one of the largest saltwater aquariums in Northern Europe. With 4000 sq metres of exhibition space, it is able to house 11 large aquariums, 2 open touch pools and 2 activity pools, and a few minor aquariums. Between them, they cover practically all of Norway’s important marine life.
The Great Atlantic Tank: Cod, halibut, conger and salmon.
Selbukta: The world’s largest seal exhibit, outdoors.
It’s a 40 minute walk from the town center. Very manageable, especially considering the charming scenery of woods, monuments, the sea and the hiking paths. It’s a nice walk. Nearby, there’s also a beach where you can go swimming or scuba diving.
- During summer (May – August), the Aquarium bus will leave from town hall Rådhuset, Monday-Saturday at 11, 12, 1, and 2pm. From Atlanterhavsparken the departure times are 12.15, 1.15 and 2.15pm.
- Check out the gift shop.
- NOK 75 for 3-15 years old.
- Free for under 3 years old.
- Check attraction website for specific feeding times.
- Bus no. 614 or 618 stop Skarbøvik (ask bus driver to stop as close to park as possible). Follow signs to park.
- Cafe at the aquarieum
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Alesund before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alesund and book an accommodation of your choice.
81.57% of people who visit Alesund include Alesund Aquarium in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
72.22% of people start their Alesund Aquarium visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Alesund Aquarium
93.73% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Alesund Aquarium
Spent half a day in there. Small but really nice. Especially enjoyed feeding time(s).
Fantastic aquarium with lot of sealife to see and watch. The size of some of the aquarium's is staggering. Really enjoyed the diver feeding the fish in the large tank.
I have been a great time here even though its raining when we came here with my man. The sorroundings are clean, staffs are friendly and approachable. Food are great also..
Fantastic place You have to see if visit Alesund
This was exotic! Located in a corner of Ålesund....which draws visitors towards it. Must-visit for anyone deciding to stay in Ålesund as a tourist. Try walking down to the aquarium in the summer months....