Art Noveau Centre, Alesund
Art Noveau Centre, Alesund - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Apotekergata 16, 6004 Alesund, Norway
Ticket Price: 75 NOK
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 11:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 4K times in trip plans
Art Gallery, Exhibition
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Art Noveau Centre, Alesund
Built in 1905–1907, the building is famous for its Art Noveau interior. Thus, it’s only fitting that the Art Noveau was opened here in 2003 by Queen Sonja of Norway.
Art Noveau, a holistic style of art that follows naturally forming lines and curves is wonderfully expressed here through permanent and temporary exhibitions. While you’ll have to check the attraction website for details of the temporary exhibitions, the highlights of the permanent exhibitions are:
- The Dining Room: the table is always set for a dinner party here. Every item in this room was made for use in this room alone. It’s a stunning room.
- The Time Machine: 20 screens, animations and a bunch of photos take the viewer through the story of Alesunds’ 1904 fire, and the hourney of the reconstruction.
- The Basement: Works of various craftsmen is presented here such as stonemasons, smiths, tinsmiths, painters, plaster sculptors, carpenters, glassmakers and masons
- First Floor: Norwegian Art Noveau in advertisements, jewellery, furniture, glassware and textiles.
The KUBE art museum nearby is also a part of this centre. Housed in the old Norges Bank building, the museum promotes interest in visual arts, crafts, design and architecture. Ticket price entry into the museum is included in the ticket for Art Noveau Centre (Jugendstilsenteret).
Art Noveau Centre Ticket Prices
- Adults NOK 75
- Children (12-16 years) NOK 40
- Children under 12 years Free
- Students NOK 40
- Seniors NOK 60
- Groups (min. 10 pers.) NOK 60
- Families NOK 150 (parents with children 12-16 years)
- Tickets purchased here are valid for The Art Museum KUBE
Restaurants Near Art Noveau Centre
- Cafe at the Centre
- Dirty Nelly Ålesund
- Restauranthuset Bocca
- C & C Restaurant
- Maki Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Alesund before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alesund and book an accommodation of your choice.
Art Noveau Centre, Alesund Reviews - Write a Review
The time machine was a very neat idea and was really immersive. I also liked how it was connected to the art museum next door so you could visit two for one.
Loved this little museum telling the background of Ålesunds architecture and the Jugend-style buildings. Also the building of the museum itself is a little treasure. Includes entrance to the neighbouring contemporary art museum.
Very interesting and informative place. Watch the film which is very good. Also the different rooms are well prepared.
Very nice place for eating cakes and snacks. Very friendly staff.
The people who work here are exceptionally friendly, but I prefer to spend my times outdoors somewhere else