Art Noveau Centre553 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Apotekergata 16, 6004 Alesund, Norway
- Timings: 11:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +47-70104970
- Ticket Price: 75 NOK
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Gallery, Exhibition
Built in 1905–1907, the building is famous for its Art Noveau interior. Thus, it’s only fitting that the Art Noveau was opened here in 2003 by Queen Sonja of Norway.
Art Noveau, a holistic style of art that follows naturally forming lines and curves is wonderfully expressed here through permanent and temporary exhibitions. While you’ll have to check the attraction website for details of the temporary exhibitions, the highlights of the permanent exhibitions are:
- The Dining Room: the table is always set for a dinner party here. Every item in this room was made for use in this room alone. It’s a stunning room.
- The Time Machine: 20 screens, animations and a bunch of photos take the viewer through the story of Alesunds’ 1904 fire, and the hourney of the reconstruction.
- The Basement: Works of various craftsmen is presented here such as stonemasons, smiths, tinsmiths, painters, plaster sculptors, carpenters, glassmakers and masons
- First Floor: Norwegian Art Noveau in advertisements, jewellery, furniture, glassware and textiles.
The KUBE art museum nearby is also a part of this centre. Housed in the old Norges Bank building, the museum promotes interest in visual arts, crafts, design and architecture. Ticket price entry into the museum is included in the ticket for Art Noveau Centre (Jugendstilsenteret).
Entrance Ticket Details For Art Noveau Centre
- Adults NOK 75
- Children (12-16 years) NOK 40
- Children under 12 years Free
- Students NOK 40
- Seniors NOK 60
- Groups (min. 10 pers.) NOK 60
- Families NOK 150 (parents with children 12-16 years)
- Tickets purchased here are valid for The Art Museum KUBE
- Cafe at the Centre
- Dirty Nelly Ålesund
- Restauranthuset Bocca
- C & C Restaurant
- Maki Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Alesund before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alesund and book an accommodation of your choice.
71.82% of people who visit Alesund include Art Noveau Centre in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
61.11% of people start their Art Noveau Centre visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Art Noveau Centre
69.64% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Art Noveau Centre