How to Reach Alesund
- By Air: Alesund Airport, Vigra.
- By Train: The railway station may be found at Andalsnes, from where you can catch a bus to Alesund. Trains from here also connect to Dombas, Trondheim, Oslo and Lillehammer.
- By Boat: Alesund is a stop for many cruise lines; it is also connected to Hurtigroten.
- By Car: Alesund is at the end of the E136, which starts at Dombas, connecting to E6.
- By Bus: Connects to Kristiansund, Molde and Volda; Trondheim, Molde, Sunndalsøra, Bergen and Forde.
- By Bus: The only place you may truly need a bus to get to is the Atlanterhavsparken; the shuttle bus leaves from the cruise terminal.
- By Car/Taxi: Taxi’s are very expensive, but very frequently unavoidable, especially if you want to visit the surrounding areas.
- By Foot: Most attractions are within a 20 minute walk of the city centre.