How to Reach Alesund
- By Air: Alesund Airport, Vigra.
- By Train: The railway station may be found at Andalsnes, from where you can catch a bus to Alesund. Trains from here also connect to Dombas, Trondheim, Oslo and Lillehammer.
- By Boat: Alesund is a stop for many cruise lines; it is also connected to Hurtigroten.
- By Car: Alesund is at the end of the E136, which starts at Dombas, connecting to E6.
- By Bus: Connects to Kristiansund, Molde and Volda; Trondheim, Molde, Sunndalsøra, Bergen and Forde.
- By Bus: The only place you may truly need a bus to get to is the Atlanterhavsparken; the shuttle bus leaves from the cruise terminal.
- By Car/Taxi: Taxi’s are very expensive, but very frequently unavoidable, especially if you want to visit the surrounding areas.
- By Foot: Most attractions are within a 20 minute walk of the city centre.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Alesund. The most preferred mode of transport in Alesund is Car.
Average distance: 20 km Average time: 20 min
Car 100%Driving 20 min Overall average time for 20 kms 20 min
|Ulsteinvik to Alesund||40.74 km||40 mins|
|Eide to Alesund||147.17 km||2 hours 27 mins|
|Otta to Alesund||379.23 km||6 hours 19 mins|
|Sokndal to Alesund||451.47 km||7 hours 31 mins|
|Larvik to Alesund||567.55 km||9 hours 27 mins|
|Oslo to Alesund||578.68 km||9 hours 38 mins|
|Lund to Alesund||1073.24 km||17 hours 53 mins|
|Apeldoorn to Alesund||1132.48 km||18 hours 52 mins|
|Hartlepool to Alesund||1192.12 km||19 hours 52 mins|
|Leeds to Alesund||1290.12 km||21 hours 30 mins|