If you have the wanderlust to roam around the ancient cities and explore the mysteries of the past, what better than visiting Egypt, the land of ancient history! And when you are in Egypt, what better than Alexandria, the ancient socio-cultural hub that will never fail to mesmerize you. The streets are now rejuvenated with a new charm but the glimpses of past prosperity are yet visible and silently peep through the old constructions and attractions.
This city is not only the country’s largest window onto the Mediterranean Sea, but also is a seaport which has paved a way for growth of the empires that ruled this city.
The founder of the city, Alexander the Great is a legendary name famous worldwide as the greatest warrior who ever lived. The city was the capital of Greco-Roman empire and had immense significance in the field of art, commerce and literature. With the presence of people from different empires and nationalities, Alexandria has a perfect blend of Greek, Egyptian and French cultures. The city is Egypt's leading port and one of the most popular tourist destinations with its humming beaches.
The city of Napoleon and Alexander has a lot in store for the tourist in you!
Essential travel information and Alexandria tips for your visit
- Book your tickets, hotels and taxis well in advance with an agreement on the price well before you get to Alexandria.
- Read about the historical and cultural background to help yourself at those number of monuments in the city.
- Beware of the pickpockets and keep your valubles safe while roaming around the city.
- It is a conservative city and Women should cover their shoulders, Midriffs, cleavage and legs at all times. While entering a place of worship, the heads of both men and women should be covered.
- Keep a check on the sensitive political conditions of the country well before you get here.
- Do try the most of the mediterrenean cuisine to pamper your taste pallets with unforgettable taste.
- Do not roam, especially at late nights as the city is not considered to be tourist friendly at late hours. Women should avoid travelling alone even during the day.
- Keep all the emergency contact numbers at hand.
- Do not carry valuable items while roaming around.
- Always register taxis and hotels with prior reservation and recommendation.
Alexandria Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Alexandria. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Alexandria trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Alexandria
Save 4%Rosetta Day Tour from Alexandria Islamic architectureNew on TripHobo
Save 12%Alexandria day tour from Cairo or GizaNew on TripHobo
Save 4%Day tour at AlexandriaNew on TripHobo
Save 4%Private Full-Day Tour AlexandriaNew on TripHobo
Save 4%ALEXANDRIA DAY TOURNew on TripHobo