Bibliotheca Alexandrina1336 Votes Currently Open
Housed in one of the best looking cylindrical building in the world, the Bibliotheca Alexandrina is truly a sight for sore eyes. It’s not all beauty without brains; the library has a huge collection of books and manuscripts and hosts incredible exhibitions that showcase Egyptian culture and heritage. You will fall in love with the view that the building enjoys, just for that have a coffee at the cafeteria.
Take plenty of time out to devour everything that this amazing place has to offer; whether it’s the beauty and intricacy of the carvings on the wall or the informative museums.
Bibliotheca Alexandrina Travel Tips
- Visitors are not allowed to bring food, eat, sleep, or smoke in the Library.
- All public areas are wheelchair-accessible. The Reading Area is equipped with elevators and ramps in each level in order to facilitate movement for the disabled. Wheel chairs are available at the Visits Reception Desk.
Entrance Ticket Details For Bibliotheca Alexandrina
- Students and Retirees EG£5, School Pupils EG£5.
- Antiquities Tickets EG£20 and Students EG£10, Manuscripts EG£20 and Students EG£ 10.
- Collective tickets allow entrance to the Library, exhibitions and museums (antiquities and manuscripts). Admission to the Taha Hussein Library for the visually impaired is free.
- An exclusive ticket for Planetarium shows, the Science Museum and ALEXploratorium may be purchased at the entrance of the Planetarium.
- Entry for children under the age of 16 years is prohibited.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Alexandria before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alexandria and book an accommodation of your choice.
77.9% of people who visit Alexandria include Bibliotheca Alexandrina in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
69.89% of people start their Bibliotheca Alexandrina visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Bibliotheca Alexandrina
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bibliotheca Alexandrina