Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Alexandria
About Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Alexandria
Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Alexandria - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Street Al-Corniche, Shatby
Ticket Price: 70 EGP
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 7.5K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Library, Museum, Landmark, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Housed in one of the best looking cylindrical building in the world, the Bibliotheca Alexandrina is truly a sight for sore eyes. It’s not all beauty without brains; the library has a huge collection of books and manuscripts and hosts incredible exhibitions that showcase Egyptian culture and heritage. You will fall in love with the view that the building enjoys, just for that have a coffee at the cafeteria.
Take plenty of time out to devour everything that this amazing place has to offer; whether it’s the beauty and intricacy of the carvings on the wall or the informative museums.
Bibliotheca Alexandrina Information
- Visitors are not allowed to bring food, eat, sleep, or smoke in the Library.
- All public areas are wheelchair-accessible. The Reading Area is equipped with elevators and ramps in each level in order to facilitate movement for the disabled. Wheel chairs are available at the Visits Reception Desk.
Bibliotheca Alexandrina Ticket Prices
- Students and Retirees EG£5, School Pupils EG£5.
- Antiquities Tickets EG£20 and Students EG£10, Manuscripts EG£20 and Students EG£ 10.
- Collective tickets allow entrance to the Library, exhibitions and museums (antiquities and manuscripts). Admission to the Taha Hussein Library for the visually impaired is free.
- An exclusive ticket for Planetarium shows, the Science Museum and ALEXploratorium may be purchased at the entrance of the Planetarium.
- Entry for children under the age of 16 years is prohibited.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Alexandria before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alexandria and book an accommodation of your choice.
Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Alexandria Reviews - Write a Review
All you can expect and more! Amazing structure with natural light, the perfect place for a quiet research or reading. At the same time is a museum. Important events happen in this location. And it has a planetarium for the joy of children and adults. A place for all family
The Library of Alexandria was reborn in October 2002 to reclaim the mantle of its ancient namesake. It is not just an extraordinarily beautiful building; it is also a vast complex where the arts, history, philosophy, and science come together. Moreover, the myriad activities it offers have made it a place for open discussion, dialogue, and understanding.
Very nice definitely worth a visit. One of Alex main sttractions. Very nice design and well maintained.
It's one of the best place to get information in the world It's the second Francophone bibliotheca Have Division divided to 3 1 for kids small kids , 1 for youth and 1 Very big one for Teens and appove Have many museums President Sadat museum , Roman Greek museum , old alexandria museum and old Manuscripts
We enjoyed alot. Nice library but they can add more events to attract tourists and visitors.
- Nearby Attractions
- Triomphe Hostel
- Royal Jewelry Museum
- Library Of Alexandria
- The Fine Arts Museum
- Eliahu Hanady Synagogue
- محطة الرمل
- Carrefour City Center - Alexandria 2
- Quta Exhibition
- El Raml Station
- Alexandria Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Alexandria
- What to See in 48 Hours in Alexandria
- What to See in 72 Hours in Alexandria
- How to Spend 5 Days in Alexandria
- How to Spend 6 Days in Alexandria
- How to Spend 7 Days in Alexandria