Bibliotheca AlexandrinaCurrently Closed
- Address: Street Al-Corniche, Shatby, Alexandria, Egypt
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +20-34839999
- Ticket Price: 70 EGP
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Library, Museum, Landmark, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
Bibliotheca Alexandrina - Review
Housed in one of the best looking cylindrical building in the world, the Bibliotheca Alexandrina is truly a sight for sore eyes. It’s not all beauty without brains; the library has a huge collection of books and manuscripts and hosts incredible exhibitions that showcase Egyptian culture and heritage. You will fall in love with the view that the building enjoys, just for that have a coffee at the cafeteria.
Take plenty of time out to devour everything that this amazing place has to offer; whether it’s the beauty and intricacy of the carvings on the wall or the informative museums.
Bibliotheca Alexandrina Information
- Visitors are not allowed to bring food, eat, sleep, or smoke in the Library.
- All public areas are wheelchair-accessible. The Reading Area is equipped with elevators and ramps in each level in order to facilitate movement for the disabled. Wheel chairs are available at the Visits Reception Desk.
Bibliotheca Alexandrina Ticket Prices
- Students and Retirees EG£5, School Pupils EG£5.
- Antiquities Tickets EG£20 and Students EG£10, Manuscripts EG£20 and Students EG£ 10.
- Collective tickets allow entrance to the Library, exhibitions and museums (antiquities and manuscripts). Admission to the Taha Hussein Library for the visually impaired is free.
- An exclusive ticket for Planetarium shows, the Science Museum and ALEXploratorium may be purchased at the entrance of the Planetarium.
- Entry for children under the age of 16 years is prohibited.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Alexandria before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alexandria and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Bibliotheca Alexandrina
94.26% of people who visit Alexandria include Bibliotheca Alexandrina in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
69.89% of people start their Bibliotheca Alexandrina visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Bibliotheca Alexandrina
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bibliotheca Alexandrina
Bibliotheca Alexandrina Trips
1 View10 Days 9 Nights10 Day Trip to Cairo, Luxor, Alexandria from JohannesburgBy: Guest UserCity: Cairo, Alexandria, Luxor
Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Alexandria Reviews
The library is so big and complete. Many floors to go up. First time when u enter the library, you will see the collection of old machines or printers. Besides that, you can visit some museums there. I interested to visit president museum and antiquities museum at that time. If you like to study or reading, you can spend your whole time in there. You can find everything in any subjects. The place is very comfortable and I enjoy my day!
Really interesting tour describing the thought that went into the design of this fantastic revival of the ancient library. Also lots of exhibitions. Enjoyed the one about the history of Alexandria. Comfortable to study and a good lively atmosphere. Just the problem that the space is sectioned off regarding age groups so can't keep family together. As for prayer times there is no designated prayer area so have to improvise or go to the nearest mosque. Visitors are not allowed to take bags inside so have to check them in to the lockers There is a very good gift shop. I hear there is now a prayer area available alhamdulillah
Excellent place... very well organized and there is a free guided tours that explains some essentials... we easily found our way through the library and book shelves... it was very clean and toilets were also neat and well kept.
Great library has alot of books in all fields. System here is very good to find your book quickly. Great place to visit with only 5 L.E . The Library was reborn in October 2002 to reclaim the mantle of its ancient namesake. It is not just an extraordinarily beautiful building; it is also a vast complex where the arts, history, philosophy, and science come together. Moreover, the myriad activities it offers have made it a place for open discussion, dialogue, and understanding...
جميلة والمتاحف فيها جميلة اوي: متحف المخطوطات ومتحف شادي عبد السلام ومتحف الاثار. اجمل مكان في اسكندرية ♡ A must-visit, especially for the museums in there: Manuscript museum, Shady Abd El Salam museum, & monuments museum. Best place in Alexandria ♡