Cavafy Museum483 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Alexandria Egypt
- Timings: 10:00 am - 03:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 20 EGP
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Memorial, Family And Kids, Specialty Museums
The Cavafy Museum is dedicated to the Greek poet Konstantin Cavafy. It offers the visitors a peek into the great poet’s life and times. Cavafy lived at the house for 25 years before he died in 1933.
The museum’s bindery is worth a look where the poet made his own brochures and leaflets. And there is one last curiosity: a cast of Cavafy's death mask, serene but disfigured, lying cushioned on a purple pillow.
Cavafy Museum Travel Tips
- Note that the museum is on a 2nd-floor walk-up and there are no elevators.
How to Reach Cavafy Museum
- There is a bus stop located at a two minute walk from the museum.
- Athineos Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Alexandria before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alexandria and book an accommodation of your choice.
30% of people who visit Alexandria include Cavafy Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
48.57% of people start their Cavafy Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Cavafy Museum
54.29% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cavafy Museum