Fort Qaitbey, Alexandria
About Fort Qaitbey, Alexandria
Fort Qaitbey, Alexandria - Address, Ticket Price
Address: Alexandria, Egypt
Ticket Price: 15 EGP
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 5.8K times in trip plans
View Point, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Fort
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
An impressive, solid structure standing on the corner of Corniche, Fort Qaitbey enjoys enviable views of the Mediterranean. One wonders how the soldiers concentrated on being tough around such spectacular beauty! Even so, the thick walls and mighty cannons helped in their jobs of protecting this stout fort.
The adjoining museum and aquarium are worth a quick visit.
Fort Qaitbey Information
- The tour guides around the fort can be quite a menace in their persistence to get you to hire them. If you prefer a guide, look for one with credentials and language skills.
How To reach Fort Qaitbey by Public Transport
- From Midan Ramla, it’s a 30 to 45 minute walk along the Corniche. Otherwise, take yellow tram 15 from Midan Ramla or flag down any of the microbuses barrelling along the Corniche. A taxi should cost E£5.
Restaurants Near Fort Qaitbey
- Sudoku Cafe
- Cook Door
- Talaat Pastry
- Bon Apetite
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Alexandria before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alexandria and book an accommodation of your choice.
Fort Qaitbey, Alexandria Reviews - Write a Review
Beautiful. Got some of the most amazing pictures ever. Definitely worth a visit. And the Mediterranean is gorgeous!
An amazing place with great sea view and such great history. Visitors must visit to the third floor to see nice sea view and the back side of the fort to take great photos with sea view background.
Very good place to visit , you can see stone construction of the castle and of course the air wells in the castle , not mentioning the good scenery and nice places to take pictures
It's a very interesting place to visit, but poorly maintained which really takes away from what could've been a great experience. It's messy and there is no proper thought that has gone into making it attractive to local or international tourists, and some places are very unclean. Such wasted potential sadly.
Such great historic place needs appropriate management and managerial skills. I would recommend giving the management of the place to a private corporation under tight government supervision
- Nearby Attractions
- San Giovanni Club
- Renaissance Alexandria
- La Veranda
- Le Bar
- El-salamlek Palace
- Four Seasons San Stefano
- Mohamed Ahmed
- Alexandria Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Alexandria
- What to See in 48 Hours in Alexandria
- What to See in 72 Hours in Alexandria
- How to Spend 5 Days in Alexandria
- How to Spend 6 Days in Alexandria
- How to Spend 7 Days in Alexandria