Fort Qaitbey1083 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Alexandria, Egypt
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 15 EGP
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Fort
Have a sneak-peek into Egyptian history and architecture beyond the mighty pyramids when you visit the Citadel of Qaitbay. It is a 215th century defensive fortress that is built on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea in Alexandria. It was built on the location of the Lighthouse of Alexandria, that was considered to be one of the seven wonders of the Ancient World, which was destroyed by an earthquake in the 14th century. In 1952, the Citadel was converted into a Maritime Museum. It is open for visitors daily until 4 p.m. Don’t miss visiting the adjoining aquarium that has exhibits of fossilized marine animals and fish.
Fort Qaitbey Travel Tips
- The tour guides around the fort can be quite a menace in their persistence to get you to hire them. If you prefer a guide, look for one with credentials and language skills.
Fort Qaitbey Hours
Open Everyday: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm
Preferred Everyday: 01:00 pm - 03:00 pm
How to Reach Fort Qaitbey
- From Midan Ramla, it’s a 30 to 45 minute walk along the Corniche. Otherwise, take yellow tram 15 from Midan Ramla or flag down any of the microbuses barrelling along the Corniche. A taxi should cost E£5.
- Sudoku Cafe
- Cook Door
- Talaat Pastry
- Bon Apetite
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Alexandria before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Alexandria and book an accommodation of your choice.
62.42% of people who visit Alexandria include Fort Qaitbey in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
72% of people start their Fort Qaitbey visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Fort Qaitbey
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fort Qaitbey
Fort Qaitbey Reviews & Ratings
What is the ticket price of catadel qaibey for adults and child and also arw there any regualtions regarding clothesAnswer Report Abuse
The entrance fee is around 15 Egyptian pounds.Report Abuse
What is the cost of Entry Ticket for Fort QaitbayAnswer Report Abuse
If you are an Egyptian citizen or student, then the entrance ticket is priced at 20 EGP and 5 EGP respectively. If you are a foreigner or a foreign student then the price is 60 EGp and 30 EGP respectively.Report Abuse